HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keith Tkachuk (merged)

Old
01-16-2009, 12:46 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
To be honest i am not interested in Tkachuk, he is not going to address our main need and that is for a finisher, sure he would help but he wouldnt be enough to turn this team into a contender so i dont see the point.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
I always found the combination of size, skill, and grit that Tkachuk has to be very appealing. It's too bad he never had quite the right combination of players around him.

At this point I think he would likely be a very expensive rental and too old to be a very good fit for the Rangers.

I know that probably makes too much sense, but there you are.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 12:58 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Ok so what do you offer then?...........do you not think he still has value?.....yea it was a few yrs ago but Atlanta gave a frist I believe and more
...and that trade has been ridiculed ever since. Why would you bring that up?

Quote:
It would atleast cost a prospect like Sauer and then you can add Prucha who has played better plus the salary needs to go over, Fritsche or Voros aswell just to clear more salary

really they only need one forward and one Dman spare

Maybe Davidson does Sather a big favor and takes Kalinin back for a back end Dman.........I really think his salary has to go to make room for a top 6 forward
I would rather keep Sauer than have Tkachuk for half a year. I don't understand, what do you think is going to happen if Tkachuk comes to the Rangers? Do you think that the Rangers are a Keith Tkachuk away from being better than Boston/WSH/Philly/NJ/MTL?

I don't.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
...and that trade has been ridiculed ever since. Why would you bring that up?

I would rather keep Sauer than have Tkachuk for half a year. I don't understand, what do you think is going to happen if Tkachuk comes to the Rangers? Do you think that the Rangers are a Keith Tkachuk away from being better than Boston/WSH/Philly/NJ/MTL?

I don't.
Then what do you suggest we do? Give up on the season?

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 01:13 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
Then what do you suggest we do? Give up on the season?
IMO, we gave up on the season the day we entered training camp with the current roster. I think this team is very, very far from being a Stanley Cup contender.

We need a lot more than Keith Tkachuk for this team to be a contender, more than we can afford. Getting one player is a half-assed effort, so why even do that? Why give up a second round pick? For what? What is Tkachuk going to do for this team realistically? Remember what he did for Atlanta? Bupkis.

Old
01-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
IMO, we gave up on the season the day we entered training camp with the current roster. I think this team is very, very far from being a Stanley Cup contender.

We need a lot more than Keith Tkachuk for this team to be a contender, more than we can afford. Getting one player is a half-assed effort, so why even do that? Why give up a second round pick? For what? What is Tkachuk going to do for this team realistically? Remember what he did for Atlanta? Bupkis.
Well considering this team doesn't have a lot of space to really do anything major, and adding in that we're in a pretty nice position to make the playoffs, I'd say we're a contender with our current roster. However, I'm all for a move that can A) Improve goalscoring B) Improve team "toughness" C) Provide a spark or more emotion and/or D) Improve the defense.

Basically what I'm saying is that the team IS a contender the way it is now (it has been proven, look at where we stand more than halfway through the season), HOWEVER, the right trade(s) could make this team a serious contender.

Old
01-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Bury Your Head

^^^ Is Keith Tkachuk the answer to some of those questions? I really don't know. Is there a better option? Perhaps.

Old
01-16-2009, 01:36 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Well considering this team doesn't have a lot of space to really do anything major, and adding in that we're in a pretty nice position to make the playoffs, I'd say we're a contender with our current roster. However, I'm all for a move that can A) Improve goalscoring B) Improve team "toughness" C) Provide a spark or more emotion and/or D) Improve the defense.

Basically what I'm saying is that the team IS a contender the way it is now (it has been proven, look at where we stand more than halfway through the season), HOWEVER, the right trade(s) could make this team a serious contender.
I find one particular statistic is very telling in the pretender argument. Take a look at the Goals per game of the top 10 teams in the standings. In parenthesis is where these teams place in terms of goals per game rankings

BOS - 3.57 (2nd)
SJS - 3.46 (4th)
DET - 3.64 (1st)
WSH - 3.22 (5th)
CGY - 3.16 (7th)
MTL - 3.02 (8th)
NYR - 2.49 (24th)
PHI - 3.20 (6th)
CHI - 3.54 (3rd)
NJD - 2.98 (10th)

Notice a difference?

Now keep in mind that of these 10 teams, there are five in addition to the Rangers that are in the top 10 in Goals Against per Game, while the Red Wings are 11th.

The point is, you need to be great at both ends of the ice in this league. The Rangers are not.

Want to know the difference between last year's Pens and this year's Pens? In 07-08, the Pens were 7th in GFG and 10th in GAG. In 08-09, the Pens are in 9th offensively but 25th defensively.

If you're not great at both ends of the ice, you're not a contender, IMO.

Keith Tkachuk alone isn't going to take our offense from 24th to top 10, and neither is any other possible/realistic target we can get.

Old
01-16-2009, 01:50 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
FWIW, we scored exactly 2.50 goals per game last season. However, we allowed only 2.32, whereas this season we're allowing 2.58. I expect the defense to tighten up down the stretch, but we're basically exactly what we were last season.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 02:27 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
FWIW, we scored exactly 2.50 goals per game last season. However, we allowed only 2.32, whereas this season we're allowing 2.58. I expect the defense to tighten up down the stretch, but we're basically exactly what we were last season.
And what is that, exactly? We had the Devils' number all season, so we handled them easily, and then we were swept aside by a real contender.

So if we're not improved from last season (and in fact, right now, our defense is actually worse), stands to figure we're going to be swept aside by a contender again. And this time we won't be playing a team that we owned all season long.

Old
01-16-2009, 02:33 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

not a huge fan. hes expensive. and hed cost us youngsters or picks. and hes old. only way i would do it would be to move some salary back the other way, and thats unlikely.

i will say this though, he would give us something we lack- GOALS. and size and down low scoring would be nice on the pp.

42ames 14 15 29 -12 the +/- suks but the 14 goals would tie with nazy for team lead.

and for the record, for all the sundin cry babies. heres what hes done so far.

5 games 1 1 2 -4

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 02:37 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
And what is that, exactly? We had the Devils' number all season, so we handled them easily, and then we were swept aside by a real contender.

So if we're not improved from last season (and in fact, right now, our defense is actually worse), stands to figure we're going to be swept aside by a contender again. And this time we won't be playing a team that we owned all season long.
I didn't mean anything good or bad by it. Just pointing out we're the same team as some food for thought.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 02:39 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I didn't mean anything good or bad by it. Just pointing out we're the same team as some food for thought.
No, I know. I ate your food for thought, and that response was what came out.

Old
01-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
No, I know. I ate your food for thought, and that response was what came out.
Hey look! Scott Gomez is in your avatar, whistling while NOT working!

All lame jokes aside, since we're almost at the same place as we were last year GF/GA wise, (obviously the GA is a little higher this year), perhaps the addition of a guy like Tkachuk could improve those numbers...therefore improving the team... although I'm not totally excited about potentially adding another aging player.

Old
01-16-2009, 03:02 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Hey look! Scott Gomez is in your avatar, whistling while NOT working!

All lame jokes aside, since we're almost at the same place as we were last year GF/GA wise, (obviously the GA is a little higher this year), perhaps the addition of a guy like Tkachuk could improve those numbers...therefore improving the team... although I'm not totally excited about potentially adding another aging player.
Well, it's like I said before, I don't think Keith Tkachuk, or any other realistic target, alone is going to improve our offense enough. Tkachuk won't take our 24th-ranked offense and make it one of the league's best.

Oh, and as for my avatar...that was kinda the point.

Old
01-16-2009, 03:34 PM
mean machine

But is Tkachuk injured?

Yahoo: Injury note Day-to-Day as of Jan 13, 2009 (Undisclosed injury)
TSN: 15-Jan-09 Head injury, day-to-day.

I rather see the team get Frolov, if its possible.

mean machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Ke11y96

here's a farfetched thought...

Andy McDonald 3.333
Keith Tkachuk 4.0

for

Gomez 7.357 plus.....??? (not sure what else...)

I know the gomez contract sucks, but St.louis would get a solid one-two punch with gomez and Berglund..which allows backes to be moved back to rw..

If it ever happened we would be free of gomer and it's equal salary in the trade and allows us that much needed flexibility. Plus if the organization didn't think going with a Dubinksy, Drury, Anisimov treo next fall would work McDonald could possible give slightly move balanced stats maybe 20 goals 40 assists.. at probably a slight raise maybe 3.5 million..But I don't think other than the Sedins are there any real first line centers hitting the FA market this summer..

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:30 AM
Vitto79

not a bad idea but yea not likely going to happen

why not bring up what Tkachuk was traded for before?.........yea he is older and it will be less now and u can say it was a bad trade but a team gave it up right?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 08:22 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
here's a farfetched thought...

Andy McDonald 3.333
Keith Tkachuk 4.0

for

Gomez 7.357 plus.....??? (not sure what else...)

I know the gomez contract sucks, but St.louis would get a solid one-two punch with gomez and Berglund..which allows backes to be moved back to rw..

If it ever happened we would be free of gomer and it's equal salary in the trade and allows us that much needed flexibility. Plus if the organization didn't think going with a Dubinksy, Drury, Anisimov treo next fall would work McDonald could possible give slightly move balanced stats maybe 20 goals 40 assists.. at probably a slight raise maybe 3.5 million..But I don't think other than the Sedins are there any real first line centers hitting the FA market this summer..
So you must think that JD/Larry Pleau are idiots, then, right?

Quote:
not a bad idea but yea not likely going to happen

why not bring up what Tkachuk was traded for before?.........yea he is older and it will be less now and u can say it was a bad trade but a team gave it up right?
One team gave it up, a team that happens to have one of the worst general managers in the league. Somehow, I don't see them as the team to try and emulate. And again, I ask, where will Keith Tkachuk take this team? What will acquiring him do?

If you work in an office and your co-worker presents some plan at a meeting to your boss and is laughed at and ridiculed for it, are you going to present a similar plan the next meeting?

I don't even know why I'm arguing this with you. Your stance on this isn't surprising in the least, considering the plethora of terrible trade proposals you float on the Trade board.

Old
01-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
So you must think that JD/Larry Pleau are idiots, then, right?

One team gave it up, a team that happens to have one of the worst general managers in the league. Somehow, I don't see them as the team to try and emulate. And again, I ask, where will Keith Tkachuk take this team? What will acquiring him do?

If you work in an office and your co-worker presents some plan at a meeting to your boss and is laughed at and ridiculed for it, are you going to present a similar plan the next meeting?

I don't even know why I'm arguing this with you. Your stance on this isn't surprising in the least, considering the plethora of terrible trade proposals you float on the Trade board.
well whatever to each their own. I don't think anything is a terrible proposal. You are not a NHL GM and either am I.

Plus when I post something it's just throwing out names.

I can pretty much guarantee that Tkachuk is at the top of the list. How could he not help?

Is he a top 6 forward?
Does he not play for a team with a GM we have dealt with ?
Is he not a UFA?

It makes sense. I don't know what they will give up but he will get traded and the Ranger are a likely destination

So tell me if you think this is nuts

Kalinin gets moved for a pick to someone like Phoenix who has cap space and is looking for depth going into the playoffs. Plus Kalinin is a UFA

they deal a pick or say Fritsche for a 6th Dman to replace him that is cheap

Then they deal say Voros, Prucha, a prospect and a pick(not saying what caliber) for Tkatchuk

does that not give them a better chance to win?

Old
01-17-2009, 09:12 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
well whatever to each their own. I don't think anything is a terrible proposal. You are not a NHL GM and either am I.

Plus when I post something it's just throwing out names.

I can pretty much guarantee that Tkachuk is at the top of the list. How could he not help?

Is he a top 6 forward?
Does he not play for a team with a GM we have dealt with ?
Is he not a UFA?

It makes sense. I don't know what they will give up but he will get traded and the Ranger are a likely destination

So tell me if you think this is nuts

Kalinin gets moved for a pick to someone like Phoenix who has cap space and is looking for depth going into the playoffs. Plus Kalinin is a UFA

they deal a pick or say Fritsche for a 6th Dman to replace him that is cheap

Then they deal say Voros, Prucha, a prospect and a pick(not saying what caliber) for Tkatchuk

does that not give them a better chance to win?
How many times do people have to tell you that NO ONE WANTS KALININ? NO ONE WANTS FRITSCHE. NO ONE WANTS VOROS. Do you understand that? They don't have any trade value. People have been telling you this all season long and you still refuse to accept it.

These trades will never happen because teams don't want these players. Don't you realize that every team has their own Kalinins, Fritsches and Voroses? Every team has crap that they don't need.

And the Blues will get a better offer for Tkachuk then what we will give them, unless we give them a first and/or second, and I'm totally against giving up either.

Old
01-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
How many times do people have to tell you that NO ONE WANTS KALININ? NO ONE WANTS FRITSCHE. NO ONE WANTS VOROS. Do you understand that? They don't have any trade value. People have been telling you this all season long and you still refuse to accept it.

These trades will never happen because teams don't want these players. Don't you realize that every team has their own Kalinins, Fritsches and Voroses? Every team has crap that they don't need.

And the Blues will get a better offer for Tkachuk then what we will give them, unless we give them a first and/or second, and I'm totally against giving up either.
Ok fine so apparently Fritsche and Voros can't get back a 6th Dman.........we will see..........did u ever think that they are not crap and that the team just has a lot of depth?

Voros was doing pretty good and he is a big body. A team like St Louis who is not the caliber of the Rangers could use him. Plus Fritsche is a high energy player he just never gets in the lineup which is too bad. And don't say it's because he does'nt deserve it cause he has done nothing bad this season there is just too much depth.

I think they are going to deal Sauer ,Prucha and a 2nd for Tkachuk. You think I am nuts but lets see what happens at the deadline when teams over pay all the time