HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"SNAKEBIT" the Movie. Starring.......

Old
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
"SNAKEBIT" the Movie. Starring.......

Petr Prucha

Where did this guys mojo go? He gets chances. Quality ones. My little sister could score on some of those quality chances. Maybe for Petrs sake he needs a fresh start.

10-15-2008, 10:08 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

He will only start scoring with 1 of 2 ways

1. Gets Traded
2. Keeps a steady roster spot and gets rewarded for creating chances like he is.

He was one of the if not the best forward tonight, he just couldn't finish. If he keeps getting chances like that, he has to put it in eventually. Tonight was just not the Rangers night.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 10:13 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

This is not a new development. Tonight it was just a starring role. He had opportunity to score the HUGE goal once , twice, three times.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Whenever I fail to score on a good opportunity in NHL 09 the first thing that pops into my head is, "Wow, so this is what it feels like to be Petr Prucha."

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 10:19 PM
The Thomas J.*

The kid can't buy a goal, I think it's more obvious than ever now all of Pruchas early sucess was almost 100% because of Jagr

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 10:19 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

He didn't have any real can't miss opportunities. He had the ones from right in front, he couldn't have been more patient because he didn't have much more time. He had to shoot, and his angle was pretty much none. He had bad luck with putting that puck over the net on the rebound though.

Then the shot off the pass in front was as good a shot he was going to get from the position he was in.

Other than those, I don't remember any big time opportunities he had.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:21 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
The kid can't buy a goal, I think it's more obvious than ever now all of Pruchas early sucess was almost 100% because of Jagr
How so?

He had to shoot the puck into the net, Jagr didn't do that for him. Sure Jagr set him up, but it's not like he isn't getting chances now. If he was getting zero chances, then I'd say it was 100% because of Jagr, but that isn't the case.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
He didn't have any real can't miss opportunities. He had the ones from right in front, he couldn't have been more patient because he didn't have much more time. He had to shoot, and his angle was pretty much none. He had bad luck with putting that puck over the net on the rebound though.

Then the shot off the pass in front was as good a shot he was going to get from the position he was in.

Other than those, I don't remember any big time opportunities he had.
The time when he shot his own rebound wide despite Miller being down. I'm pretty sure Miller didn't make a save on the rebound

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 10:29 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
The time when he shot his own rebound wide despite Miller being down. I'm pretty sure Miller didn't make a save on the rebound
It's not like he had all the time in the world. He was getting hit by a guy in the process. It's not that easy to shoot a puck into the net when you're getting knocked over.

I don't understand how you can bash Prucha for not scoring tonight when he was one of the only ones creating scoring chances. For most of the night no one else really created anything. Naslund, Drury, Voros, Zherdev, Korpikoski, Betts, Orr, Sjostrom. I didn't see anything from these guys tonight.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:34 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
The first line is struggling.

Put Prucha on the first as an experiment for the first 10 minutes of the first when playing Toronto? Then have Drury center the third.

Korpikoski-Drury-Callahan

Drury was used to that position last year. He said he would do anything for production.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Whenever I fail to score on a good opportunity in NHL 09 the first thing that pops into my head is, "Wow, so this is what it feels like to be Petr Prucha."
Hahahaha, I do the same thing. Usually when my teammate misses, I call it "Pulling a Prucha."

It's unbelievable how many chances he gets, yet doesn't finish. He needs a new start and I need to stop seeing him in Ranger blue.

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 10:42 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
How so?

He had to shoot the puck into the net, Jagr didn't do that for him. Sure Jagr set him up, but it's not like he isn't getting chances now. If he was getting zero chances, then I'd say it was 100% because of Jagr, but that isn't the case.

Alot of those goals were PP goals, & most of the even strengh ones were generated by Jagr being double teamed & Prucha left alone in the slot.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:44 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Alot of those goals were PP goals, & most of the even strengh ones were generated by Jagr being double teamed & Prucha left alone in the slot.
Prucha never or rarely ever played with Jagr on Even Strength.

Besides that, it still doesn't change the fact that he actually shot those pucks into the net. Your argument is that Prucha's scoring chances were created all by Jagr. Ok, that's a valid argument in many respects, but did Jagr shoot those pucks into the net? Nope.

Now as I said, has Prucha been getting scoring chances this season so far? Yes. So if Jagr = scoring chances for Prucha, then how come Prucha is still getting scoring chances without Jagr? As I said, Jagr wasn't the one putting the puck into the net. Sure he setup Prucha many times, but he still had to finish and right now, that's his biggest problem, he can't finish.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:54 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I think the Prucha/Jagr debate is stale and old and last years news. Whatever. Jagrs gone. Prucha remains.

What to do with the guy whose on the team now.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:56 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Prucha never or rarely ever played with Jagr on Even Strength.

Besides that, it still doesn't change the fact that he actually shot those pucks into the net. Your argument is that Prucha's scoring chances were created all by Jagr. Ok, that's a valid argument in many respects, but did Jagr shoot those pucks into the net? Nope.

Now as I said, has Prucha been getting scoring chances this season so far? Yes. So if Jagr = scoring chances for Prucha, then how come Prucha is still getting scoring chances without Jagr? As I said, Jagr wasn't the one putting the puck into the net. Sure he setup Prucha many times, but he still had to finish and right now, that's his biggest problem, he can't finish.
Refer to my 1st response, Prucha had more ice to work with than he does now, his chances now don't resemble the ones that he used to get in 06' or 07' When he got playing time with Jagr, the woirst think that ever happen to Prucha was Brendon Shanahan.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:58 PM
The Thomas J.*

I recall Prucha getting his fair share of even strength time with Jagr, Pre-Skoyra trade.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:59 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Refer to my 1st response, Prucha had more ice to work with than he does now, his chances now don't resemble the ones that he used to get in 06' or 07' When he got playing time with Jagr, the woirst think that ever happen to Prucha was Brendon Shanahan.

Hes not on the team either. Petr is getting beat out for ice time by his immediate peers. And when he does get the nod like tonight....

sigh....... well he did get some chances. And he does get to the net.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:59 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Time to trade him. I like him. I have a sweater and a shirt with his name on it. But it's time to move on... He needs a change of scenery.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 11:06 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Hes not on the team either. Petr is getting beat out for ice time by his immediate peers. And when he does get the nod like tonight....

sigh....... well he did get some chances. And he does get to the net.
I meant in 07'. I think Pruchas development in combonation was stuned by the Shanny signing & he maybe a guy who had a good year or two & has peaked.

I say play him until his wheels fall off & lets find out once & for all.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:13 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Some of his rookie year stats:
Prucha scored 16 of his 30 goals on PP.
On the PP, Jagr had the primary assist on 9 & secondary on 5.
On even strength, Jagr had 3 primary assists, 0 secondary

On his first 11 goals, Jagr had 6 primary assists & 1 secondary assist. Therefore on his first 11 goals of the season, Jagr contributed to 64% (55% primary) of Prucha's goals.

From his 12th goal of that season to his 30th goal (18 goals), Jagr had 3 primary assists and 4 secondary assists. Therefore on his last 18 goals of the season, Jagr contributed to 39% (17% primary) of Prucha's goals.

On even strength Nylander had 6 primary assists (10 total including PP).
Sykora, Strudwick, Rozsival, Rucinsky contributed for 5 primary assists

I would say that Nylander was more instrumental than Jagr in Prucha's rookie season after those first couple of months.

ES Rozsival
PP Tyutin Nylander
PP Jagr
PP Jagr Nylander
ES Jagr
ES Jagr Strudwick
PP Straka Jagr
PP Jagr Rucinsky
PP Straka Rucinsky
ES Nylander
ES Jagr
ES Nylander Poti
PP Poti Jagr
PP Poti Straka
ES Nylander J Ward
PP Jagr Rucinsky
ES Nylander
ES Nylander Straka
ES Rozsival
PP Straka Rucinsky
ES Rucinsky
ES Sykora Rozsival
PP Nylander Jagr
PP Straka Rucinsky
ES Strudwick Poti
ES Nylander Lundqvist
PP Jagr Ozolinsh
PP Nylander Jagr
PP Jagr Rozsival
PP Sykora Jagr

Old
10-15-2008, 11:21 PM
NYReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
The first line is struggling.

Put Prucha on the first as an experiment for the first 10 minutes of the first when playing Toronto? Then have Drury center the third.

Drury was used to that position last year. He said he would do anything for production.
Agreed. Korp has been struggling at center so maybe that gets him going too. I think Drury will respond to that and start producing, as he did with a similar line last year (Dawes instead of Korp). Prucha gets Friday's game to see if he can put one in with Naslund and Gomez, if not try Dawes since he usually plays well on Gomer's wing (I hope that was a main factor in his disappearing act). I don't think Prucha gets it going at this point to be perfectly honest (though I'm still rooting for the kid and would be very pleasantly surprised) but I think Dawes would find success there and Drury will do fine on that third line as well as increasing Korp and Cally's production.

Dawes-Gomez-Naslund
Voros-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr
ex- Fritsche, Rissmiller (if Prucha gets the job done on the first line then Dawes is a third scratch here; otherwise, time to cut the cord with Prucha and bring up a 7th defenseman, the kid is sadly running out of chances)

I'd call up Fahey for 7th D btw, I think Kalinin is playing well enough to hold Potter out of the lineup and no sense in sitting him.

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 11:25 PM
NY Ranger86

i think instead of wining about how prucha didn't score...we should be talking about how Naslund was and has been INVISIBLE... big contract and an A on his chest. ugh.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 11:34 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
i think instead of wining about how prucha didn't score...we should be talking about how Naslund was and has been INVISIBLE... big contract and an A on his chest. ugh.
Mr. Periphery.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Eh Nasland's contract really isnt that big. And its kinda hard to get all over his case in the first few games...we can't expect everyone to fit in as seamlessly as Voros. Give it time

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

I just hope that the Rangers make some type of consistent decision on Prucha. I feel like he really needs to be in the lineup every game and getting quality minutes so that he can get his confidence back to where it should be. If we expect him to be a goal scorer he should probably be getting time on the power play too.

Granted, lack of confidence isn't the only thing that makes a player shoot wide but I think if he's not going to be a constant in the lineup and not going to get regular playing time it would probably be better for everyone to consider a trade.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote