HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Out of the Ordinary" Jacob Markstrom

Old
01-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
Markstrom named top goalie in the tournament!!!

And future Panther Tavares named top forward in the tournament!!!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 10:19 PM
johano90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
GO CANADA!!
On that note, Markstrom is an awesome goaltender... can't wait to have him here but he's going to have to leave the diving, acting and pretty boy antics in Sweden.
Maybe you've been listening too much to your buddy Pierre. I don't understand why so many of you are complaining about his flopping around out there, he has been clearly run by Canada a number of times.

Collisions were made and he went down. Even Patrick Roy knew how to play that game.

I have no problem with having Patrick Roy on my team.

johano90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 10:30 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by johano90 View Post
Maybe you've been listening too much to your buddy Pierre. I don't understand why so many of you are complaining about his flopping around out there, he has been clearly run by Canada a number of times.

Collisions were made and he went down. Even Patrick Roy knew how to play that game.

Yeah, his behavior was exaggerated by the announcers. They also said him and Hedman were "rattled" on their keys to the game or w/e those three bullet points were.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:

Exactly, finally somebody said it. Canada was running him all game and not getting called, and pushing d-men into him and not getting called for it. Jacob had to fight back somehow. I have no problem with diving in that situation. Jacob's not a sucker, I love it! I loved his toughness......smacking Della Rovere in the face with his blocker, and he also squirted Benn with his water bottle as he skated by him after a stoppage. He's not going to be pushed around! I love you, Markstrom! Great game and congrats on Goalie of the Tournament!

I was wondering why it took so long for Sweden to finally run Tokarski. Great game, Sweden took some bad penalties though and it cost them.

Dread Clawz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

He exaggerated a lot, that's all I'm saying. I know why he's doing it. I know almost every goaltender that plays the game of hockey does it, I'm just not a fan of it is all.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
He exaggerated a lot, that's all I'm saying. I know why he's doing it. I know almost every goaltender that plays the game of hockey does it, I'm just not a fan of it is all.

-ghoste
I'm not a fan when it's unjustified, Ghoste. But the refs weren't calling the Canadians for running him, so he had no choice. I like that he wouldn't be a sucker and took matters into his own hands.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:18 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:

So your saying he NEVER added a little acting to his game? Give me a break. You would have thought he was drafted by the Hurricanes.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 11:21 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

I want PK Subban on the panthers. Talk about character!

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Laus723
Future Now

My comments about his flopping were when very early he did a backdive. He was being run, but there was some embellishment. The anouncers were ridiculous, though. Loved how chippy the game was and Marksstrom's fire.

01-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Jerkini

I thought his diving was embarrassing, to be quite honest. It's one thing to kind of go limb and just fall over if a player gently bumps you, but he clearly embellished. His helmet flying off and sliding half way down the ice sure didn't help his theatrics.

No bias or anything. He's obviously a good goalie, but the guy needs to grow up.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
So your saying he NEVER added a little acting to his game? Give me a break. You would have thought he was drafted by the Hurricanes.
Don't go overboard, he flopped a bit, but he was also being run and nothing happened. Loved Hedstrom (I think? #4) grabbing Espo and ragdolling him a bit. Also loved Canadians booing him, had the shoe been on the other foot, he'd have been a hero.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
I thought his diving was embarrassing, to be quite honest. It's one thing to kind of go limb and just fall over if a player gently bumps you, but he clearly embellished. His helmet flying off and sliding half way down the ice sure didn't help his theatrics.

No bias or anything. He's obviously a good goalie, but the guy needs to grow up.
lol, yeah...no bias. His helmet came off when he hit the ice, gimme a break.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Don't go overboard, he flopped a bit, but he was also being run and nothing happened. Loved Hedstrom (I think? #4) grabbing Espo and ragdolling him a bit. Also loved Canadians booing him, had the shoe been on the other foot, he'd have been a hero.
His name is Hedman. He's likely to go 2nd overall behind Tavares in the next entry draft. And had the shoe been on the other foot, Canada would have had a penalty on the play without a doubt.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Bottom line: Yes Markstrom embellished. But he was being run and it wasn't being called, so he fought back in the only way a goalie can. I doubt if he didn't embellish the Esposito run, it would have been called. If a Swedish forward had done that to Tokarski and he still dived, the building would have been torn apart. People are making way too big a deal out of it. All the Canadians are pissed about him diving but have no problem at all with him being run of course, or are just denying it ever happened.

He didn't dive because he likes falling on the ice. He did it to fight back. I fully support him on that.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:

Gently???? Oh my, now I've heard it all.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
lol, yeah...no bias. His helmet came off when he hit the ice, gimme a break.
And why did he hit the ice with such thundering force that his helmet flew off every time? Come on man, open your eyes. You see minor contact like that, sometimes worse, all over the NHL and the goalie never drops like that. He has much growing up to do.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
His name is Hedman. He's likely to go 2nd overall behind Tavares in the next entry draft. And had the shoe been on the other foot, Canada would have had a penalty on the play without a doubt.
Right, no bias.

I'll address these posts tomorrow, too much blind Canadian homerism tonight for my tastes.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Gently???? Oh my, now I've heard it all.
Well I know I won't convince you, "Markstrom Rules".

Old
01-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Right, no bias.

I'll address these posts tomorrow, too much blind Canadian homerism tonight for my tastes.
Blind Canadian homerism? I'm just calling it like it is. Hedman grabbed Esposito in a headlock and fed him a punch to the face. That's a penalty in the NHL let alone in an IIHF sanctioned tournament.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Right, no bias.

Agreed.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Agreed.
I just thought I'd come in here and let everyone know that Markstrom is very likely to be a great goalie. His diving is however embarrassing. And you can try to spin it anyway you want, he dove and he made himself look like a fool in the process.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I just thought I'd come in here and let everyone know that Markstrom is very likely to be a great goalie. His diving is however embarrassing. And you can try to spin it anyway you want, he dove and he made himself look like a fool in the process.
No bias, though. Dude, how do you say he embellished other than the first call? Minor contact? That's absurd, he was blindly run into. You just need to stop, and watch him in the Elite League.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Chain Attack

Quote:
Right, no bias.

Best to just ignore him.

PS: congrats to Markstrom for being awarded top goalie of the tournament.

Chain Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
No bias, though. Dude, how do you say he embellished other than the first call? Minor contact? That's absurd, he was blindly run into. You just need to stop, and watch him in the Elite League.
Does he flop all over the ice in the Elite league as well? The third incident was a penalty, and I do believe the Canadian player did get called for it, as did Markstrom for losing his cool afterward. The Canadian announcers weren't too far off when they said Markstrom was rattled.

Old
01-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Chain Attack

Quote:
I just thought I'd come in here and let everyone know that Markstrom is very likely to be a great goalie.
Then why couldn't you just leave it at that instead of trolling the panthers forum and making us canadian fans look bad?

And to answer your previous post, yes Markstrom has some growing up to do. (along with every other prospect.) How old is he...17? It's called junior hockey for a reason...

Chain Attack is offline   Reply With Quote