HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

The Biggest Goal of Your Career

Old
12-19-2008, 05:39 PM
AK

vCash: 500
The Biggest Goal of Your Career

What is the biggest goal you have ever scored in a game?

Mine came last night.

We were down 4-3 with 8 seconds left. I won the draw pretty cleanly back to my teammate (a center playing the point), and he moved it over to his fellow point man. He fired it on net, a pretty solid slapper, and I knocked the rebound through the goalie's 5-hole to tie it 4-4 with .5 seconds left.

I have never scored an OT goal, so that was the biggest.

Yours?

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 06:05 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 450
Well, I was playing in an adult league tournament once, and it was the C league. Virtually every other team had added ringers to the point where they should have been in the C+ or B league. The team we were playing was the only other team who brought a C level team, so it was the only game we had a real shot at.

Third Period. Tied 5-5 with about 5 minutes to play. I'm playing on the left wing, at the blue line skating in towards a defenseman on the forecheck. As he skates, the puck flips over his blade. It take it, his partner rushes back, and skate in to in between the hash marks. I stop and glide laterally, with him there trying to get in my way. As the goalie is moving with me, I shoot against the grain, top shelf. Very, very nice goal to score.

Best thing about it was my teamate on the bench. While I'm waiting the situation out, he's yelling "Shoot the puck! SHOOT IT" And when it goes in, he says "Oh! That works too!"

The other really important one (relatively speaking) Was the GWG that clinched the playoffs for our team. Got the puck, fed a really nice cross ice pass to a teammate, about halfway to the blue line, he shoots, rebound comes to me, and I take a wrister from the top of the circle and it goes in.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 09:45 PM
noobman

Overtime goal to win the championship!

It wasn't pretty by any stretch of the imagination. There was a bit of a scrum in front of the net and the puck happened to pop up in my view. I took a wild swing at it and the puck somehow flew into the net.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Reckless Abandon*

Scored against the Bruins Alumni team in a game. It was off a rebound, I was coming in towards the near post, got the rebound on my backhand and popped it over the goalies pad.

Reckless Abandon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 10:09 PM
GraveyTrain9

scored the game winner with 1.3 seconds left with a slapshot from the top of the circle...

GraveyTrain9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 10:35 PM
spjon25

I have two that come to mind as memorable.

1) We were down 8-3 in the playoffs, and I got my first deflection goal by bouncing the puck off my stick while screening the goalie (while the puck was in mid air)

2) Team is losing 9-0 and I get a 2 on 1 with my left wing, give and go play, and sink it 5 hole on the goalie ruining his almost first ever shutout

spjon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 11:14 PM
qwertysac

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
Overtime goal to win the championship!

same here, definitely a great feeling
but that was a while ago

if i had to pick a recent one, id go with scoring 2 goals in the final 3 minutes to tie the game 4-4

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2008, 11:29 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Scored with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd to break a 2-2 tie in the game that sent my team to nationals. Not a pretty one, a "GET THE ***** IN" triple rebound jam sort of goal. But a goal's a goal. To be fair, I had a pretty one earlier that game.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Jeussu

Biggest save:

Tourny game tied 3-3, one minute left, when my defence trips a guy on a breakaway, they get a penalty shot. Guy comes in shoots glove side, made the glove save!

Jeussu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Gallagbi
Formerly Eazy_B97

Scored to win the championship in a shoot-out.

Gallagbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i had a shutout in a championship game, dont hate on tghe goalies

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 11:21 PM
nullterm

vCash: 800
My first one. Beer league. Pass from the center to near the left face off dot, wrister over glove side. TING! Hit the upper right corner of the net and in.

I'm the proverbial rookie of the team and it was our first goal in a game we were already down. The rest of the team was celebrating more than me for getting my first and in full sniper style, as I was still in a bit of happy shock. I was told I had to work on my celebrations.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 01:51 AM
PIMking

in our "a" league championship series best of three we won the first game pretty easy 4-1 I think and the second game we were losing with about a min to go and we pulled our goalie I jumped on the ice cross the blue line as soon as I do my teammate takes a slapper with a HUGE rebound came right to me at the top of the circles and I buried it. that wasnt the best one. We played a 5 min overtime with no one scoring so we went on to a shootout.

I shot 3rd and I made the goalie lose his jock and I lost control of the puck so I was p*ssed. Well we went thru the whole roster and it was my turn agian so I skated in real hard hit the brakes took a monster slapper glove side *ting* post and in! I instantly threw my helmet and gloves in the air the whole team was jumping on the bench and I crushed my goalie as he came out to celibrate. Oh well it was the winner the last shot of the season.

The reason why that was so special is I have never one a championship in anything. 2 years in a row I went to the city championship in base ball lost them both. Lost championship game in football ( I was the kicker down by two and slipped my plant foot and shanked the ball) So that was my first championship ever. I was stoked!

then I go into the locker room get mugged taped so I cant move and everyone pours their water and gatorade on me that wasnt to fun though.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 01:58 AM
Mountain Dew

The one i scored...

Mountain Dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 02:27 AM
Sportacus
:)

None of mine were ever particularily important, except to ruin a goalie's shutout streak (he had 3 full games, and was about a minute away from his fourth) in a tournament, to make the score 9-1. Pretty sweet move, considering I wasn't much of a scorer.

Sportacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 07:43 AM
vivianmb

triple OT to win a tournament. 2 on 1 i faked the pass and roofed it.

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

Tourny.

I tied it up on a scramble with our net empty and 19 seconds on the clock. Coach kept me on the ice in OT and my centreman moved the puck up i was going in 1 on 2 quick little dangle i split the d and sniped one top cheese. Durty game for me.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
NYRSinceBirth

The first one.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 08:12 PM
SLAPSHOT723
QU! Bobcats!

my team was down 5-2 with about 7 minutes left in the game

with about a minute left my dad (who's the coach) called a time out and put all of the defenseman out there. since it's 4 on 4 hockey defenseman are generally the most skilled.

i get a nice pass from my usual defense partner and score five-hole on the goalie about 4 feet away from him with about 14 seconds left.

we won the game in overtime

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Down 1-0 in the final regular season game going into the 3 period against the 1st place team. I scored 2 in the last 5 mins to win 2-1 those 2 goals were probably the biggest clutch play of my career up until that point i scored the 1st one we were being much out played our goalie just kept us in it. the 1st one brought us momentum and on my next shift i got the 2nd.

Cappy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 11:37 PM
ryan41
LETS GO RANGERS

probably in the championship of a tournament

we were down 2-0 after the first period thanks to some bad penalties (even our goalie got a roughing penalty ). had a two on one about eight minutes into the second..made a few passes back and forth until my fellow winger threw it back to me..it sort of surprised me but i was able to bury it to make it 2-1. then we ended up winning the game 4-2....other kid on the team had a natural hat trick but hey i did good too ha.

also had a game tying goal with about 50 seconds left..but this was during the regular season

ryan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 05:47 PM
getzforfighting*

Send a message via MSN to getzforfighting*
i once scored on tugnutt, clapper

getzforfighting* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 07:23 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

1-1 in a hard fought game. I crash the net and am to the left of the net, my friend shoots from the right boards at about the faceoff circle, it bounces off the goalie and (I'm a lefty) right onto my forehand, I cut inside and deke back hand around the goalie and stuff it in backhand. There was about 4 minutes left and we won 2-1. Simple goal, but it was big, and I was on a 4 game pointless streak at the time so it was a great goal for our team and for myself.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 07:44 PM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
It was 0-0 in the 3rd with a minute left. opposite goalie has gone to the bench. I take a pass from a d-man, and shot it across the ice and it goes it. Bam. A only goal in my hockey lifetime.

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 07:46 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
It was 0-0 in the 3rd with a minute left. opposite goalie has gone to the bench. I take a pass from a d-man, and shot it across the ice and it goes it. Bam. A only goal in my hockey lifetime.
Just curious, do you know why the goalie was going to the bench?

Awesome goal none the less. SNIPER!

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote