HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbonneau has an epiphany!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2009, 05:49 AM
  #1
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,443
vCash: 500
Carbonneau has an epiphany!

"Je pense qu'Andrei lance davantage lorsqu'il ne joue pas avec (Alex) Kovalev", a fait valoir l'entraîneur.

This is refering to andrei kostitsyn

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/266372.html

Wow it took him 38 games to realize that Andrei is better without Kovy? Wasn't everyone on the board saying this 25 games ago?

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 06:12 AM
  #2
crystal ball
Registered User
 
crystal ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Ireland
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
"Je pense qu'Andrei lance davantage lorsqu'il ne joue pas avec (Alex) Kovalev", a fait valoir l'entraîneur.

This is refering to andrei kostitsyn

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/266372.html

Wow it took him 38 games to realize that Andrei is better without Kovy? Wasn't everyone on the board saying this 25 games ago?
The problem is, when Kovalev plays the kind of one-man-show game he's playing this year, everybody plays better without him. I actually pity Plekanec for getting stuck with him all year. It's just like two seasons ago, when Plekanec didn't start to put up points until he was freed from Kovalev and Samsonov. I think Kovalev is doing some good things, but he's certainly not using his linemates much.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 06:14 AM
  #3
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
HAHAHA. I can see it too. Kovalev doesn't pass it off when he should and doesn't shoot soooo Andrei probably gets frustrated on a line with Kovalev.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 07:20 AM
  #4
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,088
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
lmao, I knew this awhile ago.

A few more strides and he'll learn he's better on the RW and his shot will work on the point.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 07:23 AM
  #5
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
lmao, I knew this awhile ago.

A few more strides and he'll learn he's better on the RW and his shot will work on the point.
Actually Andrei had some point action on a 5 on 4 for the first time yesterday.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 08:23 AM
  #6
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Actually Andrei had some point action on a 5 on 4 for the first time yesterday.
I didn't see that? When was it. Did he actually get a shot?


Also, i think after 62 games, Carbo will say that Weber is the answer to our PP..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 08:26 AM
  #7
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,131
vCash: 256
Last week in Pittsburgh he scored 3 with Kovalev and Plekanec.Pretty funny

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 08:35 AM
  #8
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
I think Kovalev is doing some good things, but he's certainly not using his linemates much.
Yesterday, after he made the mistake that led to the 4th Panthers goal, he started passing the puck off quicker when put under pressure which was good to see. Wonder if that will carry over to the next game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Last week in Pittsburgh he scored 3 with Kovalev and Plekanec.Pretty funny
And that was one of the rare games this year where he got good passes in the slot from his linemates. Go figure.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 08:41 AM
  #9
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,762
vCash: 500
Let him keep playing with his brother, Sergei seems to always look to pass to Andrei.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 08:49 AM
  #10
Haddock
Registered User
 
Haddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moulinsart
Posts: 2,150
vCash: 500
Gainey should hire some fifteen years old internet warrior to coach the team instead of Carbo. He obviously doesn't know anything about his players.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 08:50 AM
  #11
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Gainey should hire some fifteen years old internet warrior to coach the team instead of Carbo. He obviously doesn't know anything about his players.
That'll work, fer shure, fer shure.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 08:52 AM
  #12
crystal ball
Registered User
 
crystal ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Ireland
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Last week in Pittsburgh he scored 3 with Kovalev and Plekanec.Pretty funny
Well, he happened to be on the line with Kovalev and Plekanec, but I saw Plekanec do the work to set him up for the first two goals...not Kovalev.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:03 AM
  #13
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
I think it's more likely that Carbo has opened the tap about a quarter turn with regard to calling Kovy out.

It has to be a lot more difficult to manage a team of individuals and personalities than most of us can imagine. Can't be any big secret that Kovy might be someone you'd have to be careful with, using the least possible amount of intervention, regardless of his level of play.

Kovy has to play with someone. At times last year and early this year he, Pleks and AKost looked like the best line in the league. It's the damned if you do/don't thing with the fans, because if you switch the lines you're an idiot and if you don't you are too.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:19 AM
  #14
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
The problem is, when Kovalev plays the kind of one-man-show game he's playing this year, everybody plays better without him. I actually pity Plekanec for getting stuck with him all year. It's just like two seasons ago, when Plekanec didn't start to put up points until he was freed from Kovalev and Samsonov. I think Kovalev is doing some good things, but he's certainly not using his linemates much.
I'm sorry but Plekanec has done very little to get out of his funk. We need a #1 center. Koivu is your perfect #2 Yes Plekanec did play well last year but he always had a hard time in the physical games
Lang is not a #1 center. That is why BG wanted Sundin. So we still need a #1 center.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:21 AM
  #15
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,689
vCash: 500
I just don't get why Carbo don't put

Tanguay - Koivu - D'Agos
AK46 - Plek - SK74
Pacioretty - Lang - Kovalev
Lats - Laps - Higgins


la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:23 AM
  #16
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,131
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
Well, he happened to be on the line with Kovalev and Plekanec, but I saw Plekanec do the work to set him up for the first two goals...not Kovalev.
Yup Pleks set him up but he still took the shot,on his 3rd goal when he entered the zone he didn't hesitate 1 second to take the shot,it's not like if he waited for Kovy and give him the puck..

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:40 AM
  #17
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
"Je pense qu'Andrei lance davantage lorsqu'il ne joue pas avec (Alex) Kovalev", a fait valoir l'entraîneur.

This is refering to andrei kostitsyn

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/266372.html

Wow it took him 38 games to realize that Andrei is better without Kovy? Wasn't everyone on the board saying this 25 games ago?
Before bashing the coach for no reasons, you should take some French lessons. He said that he shoots more when he's not on a line with Kovalev. YOU say that he plays better without Kovalev. Big difference!

Hard to argue that Kostitsyn played pretty darn well last year with Plekanec and Kovalev, no?

This infatuation in trying to make Carbonneau look bad at any price is truly overboard and old...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:42 AM
  #18
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
HAHAHA. I can see it too. Kovalev doesn't pass it off when he should and doesn't shoot soooo Andrei probably gets frustrated on a line with Kovalev.
actually when there was a stoppage in the play yesterday they showed a close up of Kovy talking to Andrei, and Andrei seemed pissed at him then he rolled his eyes in the back of his head as to say Kovy shut the **** up will ya !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 10:08 AM
  #19
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Gainey should hire some fifteen years old internet warrior to coach the team instead of Carbo. He obviously doesn't know anything about his players.
I would honestly like to have a NHL franchise only to try this kind of stuff. I would also let one of the big mouths from the media be the coach/gm. Just to prove how little they know... Useless! but funny

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 10:15 AM
  #20
Ape Clutch
Registered User
 
Ape Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Haiti
Posts: 3,071
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
actually when there was a stoppage in the play yesterday they showed a close up of Kovy talking to Andrei, and Andrei seemed pissed at him then he rolled his eyes in the back of his head as to say Kovy shut the **** up will ya !
Pretty much because everyone in the room thinks Kovalev is held to a different standard

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
  #21
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Before bashing the coach for no reasons, you should take some French lessons. He said that he shoots more when he's not on a line with Kovalev. YOU say that he plays better without Kovalev. Big difference!

Hard to argue that Kostitsyn played pretty darn well last year with Plekanec and Kovalev, no?

This infatuation in trying to defend Carbonneau at any price is truly overboard and old...
fixed

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 10:33 AM
  #22
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Last week in Pittsburgh he scored 3 with Kovalev and Plekanec.Pretty funny
I think Kovalev got an assist for only one of them

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 10:36 AM
  #23
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,131
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
I think Kovalev got an assist for only one of them
The point is he didn't hesitate to take the shot,didn't look for Kovy all the time

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 10:37 AM
  #24
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Let him keep playing with his brother, Sergei seems to always look to pass to Andrei.
I noticed that to, but thats not necessarily a good thing!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 10:41 AM
  #25
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I noticed that to, but thats not necessarily a good thing!
Or a bad thing.

Can't wait for:

AK46 - Plek - SK74
GLats - Lapierre - OLats

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.