HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clement

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Clement

Adam (Montreal, Que): Bill, do you think Kovalev can turn his game up a notch in Montreal? Also, is this just a rental, or does that depend on how he plays?

Bill Clement: First of all, speaking of notches, there's only one direction Kovalev can go in. He's been that bad this season. Bob Gainey has rolled the dice here. If he performs well for Montreal, it will look like a good deal. It would also give Gainey a chance to move him if he decides he wants to. What I haven't found out yet about this deal is how much, if any, of Kovalev's remaining $16+ million for the next two years was picked up by the Rangers. Bottom line is, if Kovalev plays like a Penguin, Montreal is in business. If he plays like a Ranger, it's a disaster.

It's annoying that these guys are always gushing over a new player whether it be a Burke one game, or Gonchar the next, but at least get the facts straight being that its your job. Every NYR fan on this board knows Kovy is a FA after this year so I believe Clement should have figured it out by now being that the deal went down a few days ago. You cany expect him to know everything, but you should have a handle on a very popular player when he's just been traded!!

Old
03-04-2004, 10:31 PM
NJDevs430

Melrose also mentioned that Raflaski is out for the Devils.
Gee Barry, he only had three flippin' assists in the game LAST NIGHT. Could you at least check last night's boxscores before you walk into the studio?
}:-(>

Old
03-04-2004, 10:47 PM
rickyrod

ESPN has to be the worst hockey broadcaster's in the world.

if i was dale purrington, i'd punch gary thorne in the face.

Closed Thread