HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJC Thread

Old
12-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Just bought a new

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
WJC Thread

The Jackets have a couple of players playing this year.

Cody Goloubef-Canada
Tomas Kubliak-Czech Republic
Nikita Filatov-Russia
Teddy Ruth-USA

And...does anyone know why Mayorov got sent home so early?

12-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
The Jackets have a couple of players playing this year.

Cody Goloubef-Canada
Tomas Kubliak-Czech Republic
Nikita Filatov-Russia
Teddy Ruth-USA

And...does anyone know why Mayorov got sent home so early?
Hmm, I hadn't heard that at all... pretty surprising

Than again, with all the bizarre shenanigans that can get one kicked off a team in Russia, he probably accidentally coughed when someone mentioned the name of Viktor Tikhonov or something...

EDIT: Anywho... anybody know if any of these games will be televised, i.e. on our good friend http://atdhe.net/ ?

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Lsquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
Hmm, I hadn't heard that at all... pretty surprising

Than again, with all the bizarre shenanigans that can get one kicked off a team in Russia, he probably accidentally coughed when someone mentioned the name of Viktor Tikhonov or something...

EDIT: Anywho... anybody know if any of these games will be televised, i.e. on our good friend http://atdhe.net/ ?
I believe the NHL network is broadcasting the games.

Lsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Juneemoon

Article on Filatov....

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1359766

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:25 PM
BluejacketNut

Boy, sounds like we didnt communicate much with him when we sent him down....good thing he has a good head on his shoulders, but that concerns me about our management

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Matt

I understand Tyler Wright has been in close touch with him since he came to the USA. I would not be surprised if it was not Tyler that took him to Canada

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 02:48 PM
cbj21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Boy, sounds like we didnt communicate much with him when we sent him down....good thing he has a good head on his shoulders, but that concerns me about our management
Isn't that how it's always been in North American sport? No questions must be asked period? Thats my impression anyway.
Personally i would prefer a management who talk to the players on consistent basis and that is there to help you when needed. It's a matter of respect without fear and worry. I would not like to be treated as cattle.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Feicht

So does anybody know where I can watch online? I'll get some of them on CBC I think, but I don't have Centre Ice or whatever.

Should atdhe.net have the WJCs, or is there another site that'll have the games?

Old
12-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
So does anybody know where I can watch online? I'll get some of them on CBC I think, but I don't have Centre Ice or whatever.

Should atdhe.net have the WJCs, or is there another site that'll have the games?
http://www.myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Handyy

Quote:
Hockeystreams.com streams all the games that are televised. $9,99 for a monthly fee, and you'll get all the NHL games at the same time

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Feicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
Hockeystreams.com streams all the games that are televised. $9,99 for a monthly fee, and you'll get all the NHL games at the same time
I thought that site was free, I was just watching on there the other day...

Old
12-26-2008, 07:26 AM
Juneemoon

Filatov has been named captain of Team Russia...

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/316271

Old
12-26-2008, 07:53 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
Filatov has been named captain of Team Russia...

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/316271
Thanks for the link.
Here's the Babelfish translation:

Your correspondent rang Nikita [Filatov], when the youth team of Russia only arrived to Ottawa, where tournament will take place. Command was assembled by evening for the training, but in the hour of leisure Of [filatov] gave interview “Soviet sport”.

“MOLODEZHNAYA CHAMPIONSHIP BEATS OLYMPIAD”
- Easily whether command did let go you to the youth world championship? This solution did start in “Columbus” or in the pharm- club “Of [sirakyuz]” ([AKHL])?

- In “Columbus”, certainly. They let go me without the problems. Moreover, management greatly wanted I to participate in the tournament. World championship for the young people - cult event if not in entire North America, then in Canada it is accurate.

- You on Tuesday carried out comradely match against the team of the USA (1: 5) in the Canadian town Kingston. I astonished, which on the platforms was assembled 5,5 thousand spectators.

- That you, here such a madness is created! To us they told, that the youth world championship beats on the teles-rating in Canada not only the usual superiority of peace, but also even Olympiad.

Hockey in this country - as religion. At every turn it is possible to meet small rollers. About the game they speak at each angle. The journal “The Of hockey Of news” devotes entire number “to [molodezhke]”, and print run flies away on hurray. They nowhere in the world extol hockey to the skies in the manner that in Canada.

- You successfully made a debut in “Columbus”, whereas after driving in goal in the first encounter. They then you sent into the pharm- club. 17 (7+10) points in 23 matches - worthy statistics. But when you they will return back in [NKHL]?

- Openly about this they do not speak. Only they encourage: “Nothing, fellow, work further. And everything in you will be well!”. I hope, in this season still I will play a little for “Columbus”. But if not, I will remain in the pharm- club. Nothing terrible. To me only 18 years. Of time it is in front full.

“RUN THE BECOME BRUTALIZED PEOPLE…”
- Describe what [AKHL] is.

- Very rigid and rapid league. I conducted two control rooms and four official matches in [NKHL]. And I can compare, that on the hardness, the power fight, the aggression [AKHL] it is inferior in no way to the main hockey league of North America. On the area rush the become brutalized people, which beat all contract and they want to prove that they can play in [NKHL].

Of speeds are also very high. True, are sufficient errors. Hockey is here not such irreproachable - because the level of players is somewhat lower. But fellows from first two it is sectional any club [AKHL] completely they could appear in [NKHL]. Not the fact that immediately on the first roles. But they did not fall out from the game.

I assume rules and style [AKHL]. I add in “physics”, I play more rigidly. In me into “[Sirakyuz]” everything is added well. It transported with the trainers. They constantly prompt, at how it is precisely necessary to work, to what aspects of game to pay greater attention.

- You for sure watch [NKHL] the television set. Whose style does please more - the sniper- power figure Of [ovechkina] or [tekhnarya]- dispatcher [Malkin]?

- Both in own way own way unique players. How to select, who is better - Man- goal or Miracle- player? I think, this is impossible. Here I know that [Ovechkin] in the last match [s] “the Rangers” collected 3 (2+1) points, although its command was inferior 0: 4. into the lone person it speaking in general terms, took out game. Phenomenal forward!

“US IT WILL HELP… RUSSIAN NATURE”
- As they did declare, that [Filatov] he did become the captain “of [molodezhki]”?

- Day four before the occupation me back called to himself Sergey [Nemchinov]. Head coach said that in the staff of composite this decision is made. It explained how was caused selection… Honor is enormous. In that year I was captain in the [yuniorskoy] composite. But here level is above. I perceive the great responsibility.

- You will explain as captain, why our composite so largely did yield to Americans? Not only in the calculation (1: 5), but also on the thrusts (17: 40). We- that they thought that to Canada we can lose. But America to us on the teeth.

- This is comradely game. It is not worthwhile serious conclusions from it. Too many factors influenced… For example, the general readiness of command. We yet did not leave to the peak of form. First of all they yielded in the speed. Americans not at all stopped. In the first period simply they rumpled us, they took by pressure. But immediately game is not banal.

Of time is sufficient in order to collect motion. Calendar is comprised successfully. Let us go on that ascending: Latvia, Slovakia, Finland and the finally most terrible rival on the group - Swedes. To the matches play off they must be in full combat readiness.

- In another group will be encountered the USA and Canada. You on whom did place?

- I saw the comradely game of Swedes with Canada… You know, states seemed me more strongly. Americans are more powerful than Canadians.

- The main star of Canadians - John [Tavares]?

- Accurately. Everyone thinks that on the glass rod [NKHL] it they will select under the first number.

- I trainer is picturesque in Canada - experimental [Pet] Of [kuinn], which won from team Canada gold of Olympiad -2002. This nevertheless, that “[molodezhku]” would head 78- summer Victor Tikhonov.

- I understand, what all wait the finale Russia - Canada. Those more in the past year it was not it. Canadians are terrible, as always. The same Swedes they are higher by the head according to the class. In “maple leaves” the fixed majority, as the minimum two technical driving troikas. To beat them is difficult, but possibly.

- Pravda?

- I think, we must win this championship.

- I what we have trumps?

- Craftsmanship. Yes even Russian nature it is time to appear. Long ago we did not take gold at the youth level.

- The team of Russia in the past year obtained bronze, after conquering the USA in the match for the third place (4: 2). You collected three points. You do remember, from whose transfers?

- Cherepanov… In our composite there are many children, who knew well it. No one forgot about the tragedy. We will greatly try in order to win this championship into the memory about [Leshe].

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Juneemoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

- I saw the comradely game of Swedes with Canada… You know, states seemed me more strongly. Americans are more powerful than Canadians.
Nice one, Punkin'.....already stirring up a little....

Old
12-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Gotta love "Sirakyuz"

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Feicht

When I read "Pharm", for a split second I thought of the drug store by the same name

Good ole Cyrillic transliteration

Old
12-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Feicht

In other news, if you haven't seen, check out Tavares in an exhibition game vs Slovakia:

Sure makes tanking look appealing

Old
12-26-2008, 01:40 PM
ATHbuckeyes07

Send a message via AIM to ATHbuckeyes07 Send a message via Yahoo to ATHbuckeyes07
LINK

latvia v russia, thought you guys may want to see how nikita does...

ATHbuckeyes07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
USA vs Germany about to start.

GO USA

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Macster

Russia not looking as dominant as I thought they'd be. It is the first game, mind you. Filatov and Kugryshev are good together.

States are gonna be tough to beat, that top line is awesome. JVR reminds me so much of Nasher.

Macster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Matt

Russia ahead 2 to 0 end of second. Niki hasn't been in on any of the scoring

Old
12-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Saad Panda

that kid Schroeder knows what to do with the puck.

Saad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

From what I've seen of Tavaras, he seems to play like Heatley, is that a good comparable? Schroeder is a crafty player, watched him a few weeks ago on the Big Ten Network and I swear he shot the puck at a forward crashing the net to get the deflection on purpose.

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Matt

USA with an easy win over Germany

Old
12-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Feicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
USA with an easy win over Germany

Hehe... can't say I didn't see it coming

Oh BTW.... the other day in a GDT someone posted a link to like a European P2P forum that had basically every game anywhere, and you could request them, etc... I used it when the Jackets weren't playing on tv or any other online source.... anyone know which link I'm talking about? I can't find it

EDIT: Nm, I got it. Sorta...

Last edited by Feicht: 12-26-2008 at 06:13 PM.