HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Saturday Dec 20 - Stars @ Senators - 7 pm - Radio only?

Old
12-21-2008, 08:44 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post

Looks like it could be a separated shoulder? He tried to push himself up once and collapsed back down again just lying flat. Trainer had to come out and help him off.
I'm thinking more..bruised ribs or something like that. but maybe it's the shoulder. He would of wore something to hold his shoulder in place during the interview he gave after the game if his shoulder was badly injured.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Bloggins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Way to be Jason Smith, great to see him score the winner!

He only had one goal with us, but it was an empty net goal, so this is the first time he beat a goalie since he was with the Oilers.
I like Smith and it's great that he got that goal. He pays the price so often and it rarely gets noticed. It's nice to see him get some positive attention.

Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:05 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogoalof View Post

Someone PLEASE tell me how Gerber is on this team? From what I saw and from highlights I don't understand how he is an NHL goalie? I don't ****ing care if nobody wants him. The time has come to waive him. End of discussion.

ELLIOT

He looked shakky yesterday but it's normal and So did Auld in his last 3 starts. It's normal for a goaltender to be shakky when his team is not playing well. Gerber got another win even though it was not the prettiest and in the end of the day it's the win that matters. Maybe i'm in the minority but I say go with Gerbs.

Last 3 starts

Gerber 2-1-0 4 points
Auld 0-2-1 1 point

If Gerber can find his game and go on a hot streak maybe we can showcase him to other teams to get something at the trade deadline for him instead of nothing in Free Agency.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Urkie

I don't want to take anything away from the win because it was one of the more exciting games of the year but lets remember that the Stars are like the west's version of the Sens. Against a better defense I think our defense would show how inept it is at moving the puck out of the zone as they have done for most of the season. This is obviously a step in the right direction but every time the Sens have done something good this season, they precede to go on a cold streak for the next 2 weeks. The team can't afford that anymore if they want to play in the playoffs.

Urkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 11:18 AM
KingKarlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
He looked shakky yesterday but it's normal and So did Auld in his last 3 starts. It's normal for a goaltender to be shakky when his team is not playing well. Gerber got another win even though it was not the prettiest and in the end of the day it's the win that matters. Maybe i'm in the minority but I say go with Gerbs.

Last 3 starts

Gerber 2-1-0 4 points
Auld 0-2-1 1 point

If Gerber can find his game and go on a hot streak maybe we can showcase him to other teams to get something at the trade deadline for him instead of nothing in Free Agency.
I realize you're a Gerber fan, but there were at least 2, maybe 3 goals he just has to stop. If we go back with Gerber, we're playing the win and you're in system again, which last year proved to be a bad idea. Hartsburg mentioned at the beginning of the year that it would be more of a "play well and you're in", and going by that, Gerber shouldn't be playing the next game.

KingKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 11:40 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKarlsson View Post
I realize you're a Gerber fan, but there were at least 2, maybe 3 goals he just has to stop. If we go back with Gerber, we're playing the win and you're in system again, which last year proved to be a bad idea. Hartsburg mentioned at the beginning of the year that it would be more of a "play well and you're in", and going by that, Gerber shouldn't be playing the next game.
Yeah, I prefer the "play well" and youre in system as well.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Nestea

What were the lines last night? Who was Zubov playing with?

Nestea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 11:58 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

We won in spite of Gerber. Gotta go Auld, who beat the Flyers earlier this year.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 12:00 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestea View Post
starting line up was

Zubov - Fisher - Alfie
Foligno -Kelly- Heatley
Vermette - Spezza - Donovan
Ruutu - Bass - Neil

not sure after Alfie went down

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 12:01 PM
BigEyedPhish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestea View Post
Fisher and Alfy, although i think I saw less and less Zubov as the night went on. He looked kind of confused at some times out there, which I don't blame him because the Defense first system in Ottawa is a COMPLETE 180' from the system in Binghamton.

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Rickers

I was at starbucks this morning and Alfie came in to get some food/coffee and he looked ok so that is definitely re-assuring. Hope he'll be back on his skates soon

Rickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickers View Post
I was at starbucks this morning and Alfie came in to get some food/coffee and he looked ok so that is definitely re-assuring. Hope he'll be back on his skates soon
Did you talk to him?

Make it look like your in pain and ask the team to win for you.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 01:19 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickers View Post
Did you say hi? I assume you never asked how his well being is!! Selfish fan.

I'm just kidding with you. That's great if he looked alright! Hoping it's just minor, or a scare tactic to motivate his team to actually work hard for a full 60! Gerber doesn't count, he's been consumed by the dark side.

RedWhiteBlackGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 03:54 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
I completely agree with you...But you got to say Auld hasn't been playing very either lately.

Old
12-21-2008, 04:22 PM
pt_mck

Quote:
Best goalie gets the start?

Last 3 games:

gerber 2-1-0 GAA 2.54 SV%0.897

Auld 0-2-1 GAA 4.54 SV%0.860

pt_mck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Alfredsson11

Alfie will be back for tuesday night's game..mark it down...

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Tubby Tuke
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyTea View Post
The bipolarity of the sens board has never been moar evident then nao
Your avatar is hot. I wet my keyboard on accident.

Tubby Tuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Great game to be at, place was rockin' pretty good..good to see Zoobie and Bass have pretty decent game, Folgino was on and was great..

Man, what a snow storm to travel home through this morning, we finally got a break on I81 in Syracuse but it was tough goings for a while..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Great game to be at, place was rockin' pretty good..good to see Zoobie and Bass have pretty decent game, Folgino was on and was great..

Man, what a snow storm to travel home through this morning, we finally got a break on I81 in Syracuse but it was tough goings for a while..
You picked a good weekend to go on a road trip. Glad to hear you pulled through and had a good time!

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Sensfanman

I just got home from Ottawa, crazy weather!, and that game was awesome. It was nice to see secondary scoring for once as well as some adversity overcome. I was right behind clan Ribeiro in section 102, it was great, WAY better than the ACC.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
KingKarlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt_mck View Post
Best goalie gets the start?

Last 3 games:

gerber 2-1-0 GAA 2.54 SV%0.897

Auld 0-2-1 GAA 4.54 SV%0.860
When the team is playing poorly, like we have been recently, stats are misleading. Gerber also probably looked the worst I've ever seen a goalie look when getting a shutout against Tampa. It's not as if Gerber's numbers are ridiculous, they're actually pretty bad, and Auld's numbers this entire year have been miles ahead of Gerber.

There's alot you can tell from watching the game that stats won't tell you. Auld's probably let in less weak goals all year than Gerber did against Dallas.

KingKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 12:35 PM
pt_mck

Quote:
When the team is playing poorly, like we have been recently, stats are misleading. Gerber also probably looked the worst I've ever seen a goalie look when getting a shutout against Tampa. It's not as if Gerber's numbers are ridiculous, they're actually pretty bad, and Auld's numbers this entire year have been miles ahead of Gerber.

There's alot you can tell from watching the game that stats won't tell you. Auld's probably let in less weak goals all year than Gerber did against Dallas.
or you are just a gerber hater and only use statistics when it suits you to bash him and when stats don't support your case against gerber you just say stats don't really apply here.

pt_mck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 12:41 PM
ben3001

Quote:
or you are just a gerber hater and only use statistics when it suits you to bash him and when stats don't support your case against gerber you just say stats don't really apply here.

Gerber was horrible in nets against Dallas. There shouldn't even be a debate about this. Most of the goals that went in where in direct relation to Gerber making fundemental technical mistakes.

ben3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:

Well Gerber's statistics are way better than his play in real life...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote