HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/21/08 "...Comin' Down The Mountain" - Avalanche VS. Panthers

View Poll Results: Who wins this game?
Panthers 17 100.00%
Avalanche 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Just coming in with a late Go Panthers!!!

Nice to see they're up 2-0 on the 'lanche. But losing a (potential) star after two periods reminds me of a legendary meltdown some years ago....

12-21-2008, 06:47 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
Just coming in with a late Go Panthers!!!

Nice to see they're up 2-0 on the 'lanche. But losing a (potential) star after two periods reminds me of a legendary meltdown some years ago....
I thought I saw Frolik back on the ice before the 2nd period was over.

Old
12-21-2008, 06:49 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Jets lost...Fins go from 1-15 to first in the division. One more game to go!

Frolik was back a few minutes later. Probably got a nasty bump on his head though.

Old
12-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Don't like our play here in the 3rd. Don't like sitting back playing prevent. We just need to do what we do and finish the game.

-ghoste

Old
12-21-2008, 07:10 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Damn, we need to get aggressive before we get burnt. Colorado is spending way to much time in our zone.

Old
12-21-2008, 07:15 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Anthonys little bro is looking good, think we could swap?

Old
12-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Way to pick up the play a little bit with 6 or 7 minutes remaining.

-ghoste

Old
12-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

McCabe empty-netter... game!

Now lets nail down the shutout for T-Vo.

EDIT: Final now. I think T-Vo deserves to face his old team.

-ghoste

Old
12-21-2008, 07:24 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Big win boys, great way to get back into the win column. This is a game we should have won and we did.

T-Vo came up big at some points. Great game by him.

Old
12-21-2008, 07:32 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Great win boys. Everyone looked pretty good. They came at us for a little bit, but I think we carried the play overall. Now...Go Habs Go!

Old
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Heimy

I just can't get over how solid all our guys played tonight. Every line contributing...no passengers. I'm starting to believe this coach is a real difference maker.

Old
12-21-2008, 07:43 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Great win and a must win. The ditzy reporter interviewing McCabe just called him Brett twice. You could tell he was a bit annoyed

Old
12-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
RT, sorry I didn't reply to your TXT. The HS team I coach had our championship celebration tonight at Tijuana Flats. I am watching the 2nd and 3rd periods I missed right now to see this clipping lol.

Old
12-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Jets lost...Fins go from 1-15 to first in the division. One more game to go!

Frolik was back a few minutes later. Probably got a nasty bump on his head though.
All we need to do now is take care of business in NY or hope the Bills take care of the Pats.

Old
12-21-2008, 08:39 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
All we need to do now is take care of business in NY or hope the Bills take care of the Pats.
There is no or. We must win next week to get in. If we lose, and NE wins, then they are division champs and we are watching the playoffs. Regardless, Sparano has to get SERIOUS consideration for coach of the year. Matter of fact you have him, Porter for defensive MVP, and Pennington for comeback player of the year. Anyways...GO CATS!

Old
12-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Great team effort tonight by the Cats. If we continue to limit shots especially in the 1st period like we did tonight we are going to be in most games. I'm calling it now. Frolik is on our 1st line full time starting next year!

Old
12-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
There is no or. We must win next week to get in. If we lose, and NE wins, then they are division champs and we are watching the playoffs. Regardless, Sparano has to get SERIOUS consideration for coach of the year. Matter of fact you have him, Porter for defensive MVP, and Pennington for comeback player of the year. Anyways...GO CATS!
So if both the Phins and Pats lose the Pats are in??? How???

Old
12-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
RT, sorry I didn't reply to your TXT. The HS team I coach had our championship celebration tonight at Tijuana Flats. I am watching the 2nd and 3rd periods I missed right now to see this clipping lol.
Yeah, I see how it is.

I figured you were playing or coaching. Congrats on the championship, Flats is a great place to celebrate, good food.

12-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yeah, I see how it is.

I figured you were playing or coaching. Congrats on the championship, Flats is a great place to celebrate, good food.
Yea man, the kids and parents gave me $45 and a Heineken mini-keg. I coach for the enjoyment of it and certainly don't expect a thing, but it was really nice of them.

I have no clue how they called that one clipping but what a great game by the Panthers tonight. I can't say enough about the play of Frolik. He's the most impressive rookie I've seen on the Panthers.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Random thoughts:

1. If they had lost this game 3-0 there would be ten pages in this thread by now.

2. Vokoun > Andy. Sorry, but that's how it is.

3. I'm still really, really glad to have Andy as a backup.

4. Horton needs to get his head out of his ****. When Frolik is on the ice, you notice him. That's what you expect out of a top flight forward. Horton is invisible - listlessly floating about while the game goes on around him. Injury is no excuse - this is not new. I was disappointed he got an assist on that last goal. He doesn't deserve it. DeBoer had better find the 'on' switch, because right now Horton is useless.

5. McLean scored a goal. To some around here that means he had a good game. Whatever.

6. There will be a lot of Frolik jerseys in the BAC next year.

7. Weak call on Ballard. Looked like that hit was well above the knees.

8. I don't think teams enjoy coming down to South Florida to play the Panthers anymore.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Random thoughts:

1. If they had lost this game 3-0 there would be ten pages in this thread by now.

4. Horton needs to get his head out of his ****. When Frolik is on the ice, you notice him. That's what you expect out of a top flight forward. Horton is invisible - listlessly floating about while the game goes on around him. Injury is no excuse - this is not new. I was disappointed he got an assist on that last goal. He doesn't deserve it. DeBoer had better find the 'on' switch, because right now Horton is useless.

5. McLean scored a goal. To some around here that means he had a good game. Whatever.

8. I don't think teams enjoy coming down to South Florida to play the Panthers anymore.
HE'S BACK!!!

I was just saying to my roommate that if I were buying a Panthers jersey right now, it would be Frolik's.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Huge win... we played really well... Ballard is awesome.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Random thoughts:
Horton will be fine. He was grinding away like everyone else. On one of his shifts, we were stuck in our zone for a pretty long time and he was down deep playing physical and not letting up. Doesn't he have a small fracture in his foot? You guys got to give him a break. And were you being sarcastic about the assist? Because he was the one who fed McCabe.

Quote:
Well, hopefully he starts putting them in more often because I don't see him taken out of the lineup anytime soon, especially since scoring tonight.

Quote:
Very weak call. It's real funny because there shouldn't have been a call in the first place, and we ended up being shorthanded.

Not really liking how we're getting roughed up a bit. Granted, Boynton came in to help Ballard the first time, but I wish we had someone to go after Foote for trying to mess with Ballard the second time. Same thing with Campbell having to fight O'Brien and Gleason the last two games, two guys Soup has no business going against. It's too bad we don't have a good middleweight to step in for some of these guys and even the playing field a little bit.

BTW, Lappy's fight with Tarnasky really turned things around for them. I think that goal they almost scored at the end of the 2nd period give them a bit of a jump as well.

-ghoste

Old
12-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Agreed on all eight points.

Peltonen played a super solid game in the background doing all the important stuff that gets you a win. I realize it's easy to miss him, but he's important to this team.

And did you notice, late in the third, when McCabe cleared that puck out of the goal crease? First, he makes sure that he's not going to bat it in. Then, he takes a look--then another--to make sure that he has the lane and can pop the puck off the glass so there's no delay of game penalty coming. Pretty nice play, but LOL, give me a break!

Old
12-21-2008, 11:12 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Random thoughts:

regarding goal - this is a great scenario. two guys playing at a very high level, fighting for playing time but supporting one another (it would seem). boston's got the same thing going on right now. hard to say how things will shake out but it's great to see vokie back to his old self.

re: mclean - the people who thought he finally had a good game are probably in the same group as those who think peltonen (and dvo, etc.) magically became a good player when he started scoring. mclean's been working his *** off and he's been part of this turnaround, whether you like him or not. it's great to see him have a chance to wet his beak. same goes for zeds. the more guys you get going with some confidence, the better. those guys can contribute, i don't care what anybody here says. speaking of contributing, i really thought peltonen had a fantastic game. *tonight*, he was on - he seemed to have really good jump and looked really confident with the puck. CPR in general looked very good.

frolik and horton are different players, atf. i agree we need more from him but i won't go so far as to call him listless. he's just not in gear offensively right now. remember, he's been thrust into a different role, then back to an old role and worked with different linemates, etc. let's give him a couple of weeks back with weiss and booth and see where we're at. disappointed to hear you express disappointment about that assist. you should know better. the smallest things can help with confidence. if we want horton to play better, we shouldn't be upset about anything that might help his confidence and an assist of any kind fits the bill. in fact, let's keep an eye on his play and see if we see an uptick, see if he looks a little more confident and involved next game.

oh, and i think tarnasky won a few more games from stewie with that assist.

Closed Thread