HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Party Time - w00t !!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2008, 08:14 PM
  #26
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 12,865
vCash: 500


And that is UNDER the cover of my patio


EDIT: So I ventured out to see how much as come down since I got home at 3:00ish and behind my car (where was plowed when I got home) is up to my knees and total accumulated snow is probably up to my hips and I'm 6"1'


Last edited by Mike McDermott: 12-21-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Mike McDermott is online now  
Old
12-21-2008, 09:25 PM
  #27
Penalty Killa
glitter skates
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 500
i am watching a charlie brown christmas thanks to the beauty of the internet!!

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 09:35 PM
  #28
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
i am watching a charlie brown christmas thanks to the beauty of the internet!!
That worked out for you, then, or did you find another source?

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 09:49 PM
  #29
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,592
vCash: 500
Sometimes I feel that I truly am a cunning linguist.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 09:51 PM
  #30
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 19,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
That worked out for you, then, or did you find another source?
She had another source, BGM.

Clock is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 09:55 PM
  #31
Penalty Killa
glitter skates
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
Sometimes I feel that I truly am a cunning linguist.


thats odd because sometimes i feel like a master debater. *rimshot*

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 09:56 PM
  #32
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
She had another source, BGM.
I'm not sure why, but that made me blush.

Actually, I know exactly why.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 09:58 PM
  #33
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 12,865
vCash: 500
So I downloaded the demo for Lego Batman on my PS3... the game, although aimed towards a younger generation is freaking amazing!!!

Mike McDermott is online now  
Old
12-21-2008, 09:59 PM
  #34
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
thats odd because sometimes i feel like a master debater. *rimshot*
<---- Won't go there.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 10:04 PM
  #35
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 17,773
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
Sometimes I feel that I truly am a cunning linguist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
thats odd because sometimes i feel like a master debater. *rimshot*
this thread blows

TehDoak is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 10:07 PM
  #36
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
this thread blows

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 10:10 PM
  #37
caniacgirl12
Registered User
 
caniacgirl12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,695
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Why are t-shirts on cafe press so expensive? I am not spending $25 on a t-shirt or $50+ for two. That just doesn't make sense.

__________________
....and nothing dims these stars.
caniacgirl12 is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 10:26 PM
  #38
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future
 
Burgmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orleans County
Country: United States
Posts: 4,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
this thread blows
That's what she said.

Speaking of blowing . . . .

That's what the wind is really doing here. Gusts up over 40 MPH . . . coming home from work, I found snowdrifts in my lane coming up to my headlights.


Last edited by Burgmania: 12-21-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Burgmania is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 10:27 PM
  #39
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,592
vCash: 500
So what's everybody doing right now? I'm downloading part 10 of 11 of GTA:VC for xbox [had it for PS2 before my PS2 broke] and zipping up my game backups. Exciting.

On a related note, 7Zip >>>>>>>>>>> Winrar >>>> Winzip.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 10:32 PM
  #40
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
So what's everybody doing right now? I'm downloading part 10 of 11 of GTA:VC for xbox [had it for PS2 before my PS2 broke] and zipping up my game backups. Exciting.

On a related note, 7Zip >>>>>>>>>>> Winrar >>>> Winzip.
I can't stand Winrar/.rar files.

Afino is offline  
Old
12-21-2008, 10:49 PM
  #41
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
I can't stand Winrar/.rar files.
Try 7zip. It takes a long time to compress, but I'm seriously saving about 500 MB per 2.2 GB xbox game by using 7zip. Plus it handles .rars and all the other potential types.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
12-22-2008, 12:54 AM
  #42
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 27,032
vCash: 500

jBuds is online now  
Old
12-22-2008, 06:30 AM
  #43
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,816
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
Try 7zip. It takes a long time to compress, but I'm seriously saving about 500 MB per 2.2 GB xbox game by using 7zip. Plus it handles .rars and all the other potential types.
Oh, I already have 7zip.

Was just stating the obvious

Afino is offline  
Old
12-22-2008, 08:24 AM
  #44
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,021
vCash: 500
Won my fantasy football championship...for the 4th year in a row! It's like my christmas bonus every year.

aceface33 is offline  
Old
12-22-2008, 08:42 AM
  #45
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
So what's everybody doing right now? I'm downloading part 10 of 11 of GTA:VC for xbox [had it for PS2 before my PS2 broke] and zipping up my game backups. Exciting.

On a related note, 7Zip >>>>>>>>>>> Winrar >>>> Winzip.
Well last night when you posted this I was snowblowing about 1-2ft drifts of snow off my driveway.

Right now I'm procrastinating going back out since their are 1-2ft drifts of snow on my driveway yet again. But with a special bonus of a 3-4ft wall at the end of the drive courtousy of the plows.

Funnny watching the Weather channel for updates and they are in Lowell. Its recived 13inches of snow. Then the reporter went through the various parts of the Northeast and mentioned Buffalo got a dusting but south of the city got some snow.

How are the folks in the city and surrounds dealing with our dusting?


Last edited by joshjull: 12-22-2008 at 12:56 PM.
joshjull is offline  
Old
12-22-2008, 08:55 AM
  #46
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,608
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Well last night when you ppoisted this I was snowblowing about 1-2ft drifts of snow off my driveway.

Right now I'm procrastinating going back out since their are 1-2ft drifts of snow on my driveway yet again. But with a special bonus of a 3-4ft wall at the end of the drive courteousy of the plows.

Funnny watching the Weather channel for updates and they are in Lowell. Its recived 13inches of snow. Then the reporter went through the various parts of the Northeast and mentioned Buffalo got a dusting but south of the city got some snow.

How are the folks in the city and surrounds dealing with our dusting?
When he posted this last night, I was sound asleep after two rounds of shovelling and a round-trip visit to my parents out in the town of Boston w/the kids. I slept the sleep of the exhausted and content. Granted, I had to shovel out the driveway again this morning just to get the garbage tote out to the curb.

I have the most empathy for my dog right now -- the back door where he usually heads out to the yard is nearly drifted closed (it's about 4.5 ' deep in the drift, so he literally has to step up to get out). Couple that with the snow being so damn soft in most places, he's sinking in while trying to use the canine head. I can't imagine how freakin' cold it would be to have one's bits hitting the snow when trying to go.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
12-22-2008, 09:10 AM
  #47
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
When he posted this last night, I was sound asleep after two rounds of shovelling and a round-trip visit to my parents out in the town of Boston w/the kids. I slept the sleep of the exhausted and content. Granted, I had to shovel out the driveway again this morning just to get the garbage tote out to the curb.

I have the most empathy for my dog right now -- the back door where he usually heads out to the yard is nearly drifted closed (it's about 4.5 ' deep in the drift, so he literally has to step up to get out). Couple that with the snow being so damn soft in most places, he's sinking in while trying to use the canine head. I can't imagine how freakin' cold it would be to have one's bits hitting the snow when trying to go.

Now that is an image. Poor thing

How were your parents making out snow wise? We have been pounded over here in neighboring Hamburg. I think this is it for the snow :

As can only happen in Buffalo it will be 40+ on Wednesday.

Now I'm off to attack the driveway.... and their was much rejoicing yeah

joshjull is offline  
Old
12-22-2008, 09:35 AM
  #48
jpb
Registered User
 
jpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Thebes
Posts: 4,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
So I downloaded the demo for Lego Batman on my PS3... the game, although aimed towards a younger generation is freaking amazing!!!
I tried the Indiana Jones lego demo on my 360, and while the concept is neat, the game play frustrated me something terrible.

jpb is offline  
Old
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
  #49
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,608
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Now that is an image. Poor thing

How were your parents making out snow wise? We have been pounded over here in neighboring Hamburg. I think this is it for the snow :

As can only happen in Buffalo it will be 40+ on Wednesday.

Now I'm off to attack the driveway.... and their was much rejoicing yeah
My parents had knee deep snow when we got there around 11:45 yesterday and didn't get much fresh accumlation while we were there. We left at around 5:00 and it had started in with a heavy lake effect band that last overnight. They had another 2' or so as of this morning.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
12-22-2008, 10:14 AM
  #50
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 12,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb View Post
I tried the Indiana Jones lego demo on my 360, and while the concept is neat, the game play frustrated me something terrible.
Grant you it was only the demo, but the game play I experienced didn't frustrate me

Mike McDermott is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.