HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

bottleCAPS revamped WJHC Pool!

Old
12-23-2008, 12:45 AM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
thanks, it was fun; I wasted so much time on Sunday with the draft that stalled, but I feel bad slowing this one down; Bottle still had some names from me, but I said 1D 1F and there were no D left...
ok, I pick:

Drayson Bowman, F (I need an American on my team )
and
Voynov, D

next I think is Cerebral

edit: oh yeah and the combo name of Tyler Ennis and Ryan Ellis on the draft list had me very confused; I assume Back picked Ellis

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:46 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Does anyone know who the 3rd Russian top line forward is; I'm not sure among a few players; ?
The Russian lineup is a mystery to me (is Kugryshev even going to play? I haven't heard anything about the injury lately). Even my hardcore Russian friend couldnt give me much insight on the lineup, he had some projections for me on who he thought should play with who but it's Russia, they don't always go the obvious route. I haven't talk to him today though, so no clue on a box score from the Kazak game.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:52 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar View Post
The Russian lineup is a mystery to me (is Kugryshev even going to play? I haven't heard anything about the injury lately). Even my hardcore Russian friend couldnt give me much insight on the lineup, he had some projections for me on who he thought should play with who but it's Russia, they don't always go the obvious route. I haven't talk to him today though, so no clue on a box score from the Kazak game.
thanks, I know some of the names, but haven't figured much about the lines out; not sure about Kugryshev, but I assume we would have heard if he wasn't planning to play; I took a chance on one of the dmen, but it was a partial guess

Old
12-23-2008, 12:52 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
edit: oh yeah and the combo name of Tyler Ennis and Ryan Ellis on the draft list had me very confused; I assume Back picked Ellis
There is 2 Eberle's (1 canada and 1 czech) and 3 Eriksson's on Sweden.

Quote:
thanks, I know some of the names, but haven't figured much about the lines out; not sure about Kugryshev, but I assume we would have heard if he wasn't planning to play; I took a chance on one of the dmen, but it was a partial guess
I think you picked the right Dman as far as points go. My friend was pretty high on Khafizullin as far as defensive dman go, he even went as far to say that he wont be on the ice for a 5on5 goal against, probably got a little carried away but we'll see how he stacks up against the USA line tonight at the scrimmage.

Old
12-23-2008, 01:09 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Well I found a Russian boxscore, but typical Russia they only listed goal scorers and time of the goal.

2 the period
0-1 - Nikita [Klyukin] - the 1st minute
0-2 - Sergey [Ostapchuk] - 3- I is the minute
0-3 - Eugene [Grachev]- the 17th minute
3 the period
1-3 - Alexander treasurers - 5th minute *I translated it off Russia's site* I believe this is supposed to be Alexander Nurek of Kazakstan
1-4 - Pavel Chernov - the 18th minute

So without the assists we can't really know who played with who, but no goal from Kugryshev of Filatov makes me think one or both didn't play (as they should score against kazak for sure if paired together).

You guys all have goalies but me and bC, so it doesn't matter too much but it looks like Gayduchenko and Zhelobnyuk each played 30 minutes, doesn't say who let the goal in but I'm gonna go ahead and guess Zhelobnyuk, he's the one that prob won't see the ice in the tourney. I'd think Alistratov and Gayduchenko both play tonight vs USA.

Old
12-23-2008, 01:36 AM
bottleCAPS

Send a message via AIM to bottleCAPS Send a message via MSN to bottleCAPS Send a message via Yahoo to bottleCAPS
no problem sk8, that's why i wanted to wait since all the defensemen went, i figured you'd want to take one, maybe even two. i saw your list and the only name that stood out was Benn and he was taken.

hope you had fun tonight, don't feel sorry for us!!!

bottleCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Cerebral

I'll take Swedish forward Magnus Svensson-Pääjärvi. bC is up!

12-23-2008, 01:41 AM
bottleCAPS

Send a message via AIM to bottleCAPS Send a message via MSN to bottleCAPS Send a message via Yahoo to bottleCAPS
darn, feared you might take him

2 shakes.

Old
12-23-2008, 01:45 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
I'll take Swedish forward Magnus Svensson-Pääjärvi. bC is up!
Haha you swooped in just as he was picking for you (talking to him on MSN). Nice timing!

Old
12-23-2008, 01:46 AM
bottleCAPS

eh, he screwed me last year, but i'm going with Boychuk 2 years straight. Backstrom has until sometime in the early afternoon to make his pick.

Old
12-23-2008, 07:34 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleCAPS View Post
no problem sk8, that's why i wanted to wait since all the defensemen went, i figured you'd want to take one, maybe even two. i saw your list and the only name that stood out was Benn and he was taken.

hope you had fun tonight, don't feel sorry for us!!!
thanks, yes, I wanted 1F/1D but in terms of names that stood out, I had MSP and Boychuk on my list, so there were other names there along with Bowman's. FWIW, I was debating between Bowman and Boychuk so I hope you are correct that he disappoints you again, lol. I'll send you another list if I have to go offline before my next turn.

and if you get a chance please fix the Ellis typo on the main tracking list, thanks

Old
12-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

I need a forward, and this might be a little of the board, but I'll choose, Eric Tangradi, USA

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:47 AM
bottleCAPS

Fehrsie takes Jacobsen and Hickey.

back to you.

Old
12-23-2008, 09:50 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Fehrsie takes Jacobsen and Hickey.

back to you.
Josefson?

Old
12-23-2008, 09:53 AM
bottleCAPS

that's the one, sorry. it's early.

Old
12-23-2008, 09:58 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
that's the one, sorry. it's early.
no problem, just looking for clarification

I'm trying to check in off and on to make one more set of picks and then I will send you a list.

Old
12-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

I should probably take another forward, Dmitri Kugryshev, Russia.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:10 AM
bottleCAPS

Ian Cole (USA) D

Cerebral is in the mountains so i assume we will wait for a bit.

Old
12-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Cerebral

I'll take American forward Mitch Wahl.

Cerebral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 05:45 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

we need to find a time we can all be one...keep getting stuck like this and we won't finish.

Old
12-23-2008, 05:47 PM
sk84fun_dc

I'm still kicking myself for not picking one of the top line USA players with that first pick, lol, but the other issue is the goalie. Too late now, but we really should have made this 2 goalies once we only had 5 players.

Anyway, have no idea, he is young, but I have read some good things about Panik and want a player from a different team.

So Panik, F, and Shattenkirk, D, are my picks.

Old
12-23-2008, 05:51 PM
bottleCAPS

we are going at a very nice pace right now, maybe we can pick it up a bit later but if we have to cut it down a few rounds we will do so. i think everyone has 3 d so if we have to cut it to 10 rounds or 9 we can do that.

edit: sk8 i'll post your picks when i get home from the office.

also what's the Ennis Ellis problem?

Old
12-23-2008, 05:51 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar View Post
we need to find a time we can all be one...keep getting stuck like this and we won't finish.
agree that was a long break, but it worked out for me since I was near the computer just now as my travel plans changed due to the weather...it would be great if we could finish this tonight...I assume a few of us will be watching the Caps game...

Old
12-23-2008, 05:55 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
we are going at a very nice pace right now, maybe we can pick it up a bit later but if we have to cut it down a few rounds we will do so. i think everyone has 3 d so if we have to cut it to 10 rounds or 9 we can do that.

edit: sk8 i'll post your picks when i get home from the office.

also what's the Ennis Ellis problem?
No everyone does not have 3D and 2 of you haven't selected a goalie yet since you can wait and pick later given there are only 2 of you left to pick 1; the plan right now is 11 rounds correct? I just kicked off round 7; IMO, it would be great if we could get this done tonight

You typed Tyler Ellis Tyler Ennis injured replaced; Ryan Ellis, dman that was selected in this draft

Old
12-23-2008, 06:05 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

We can still do 11 rounds, if we all logged on for 30 minutes at the same time this would be over.

I'll be on later then the rest so I won't set a time....I dunno whats a good time for the rest of you guys?

Hell we could probably knock this out during intermission...

Its just a bit fustrating to me cause I didn't know everyone was gonna put the draft off till later tonight and sat around for a couple hours..

Technically since I pick back to back and so does sk8 we only need to pick 3 more times (me) and 2 more times (her) each.

So its very finishable. We just gotta communicate a schedule we can all make.