HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Game

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Plager05

vCash: 500
Oilers Game

The Blues played really well. They still didn't score, it seems like they've been coming close but getting bad breaks lately, it was the same way tonight. The forechecking was amazing tonight, it created a ton of chances. Backman played amazing, he was all over the ice in overtime. Ozzy played great too. Sejna looked better than he did early in the season.

My 3 Stars for the Blues
Osgood-Kept us alive, made big saves
Backman-Played great. Tons of energy
Khavanov-Actually didn't completely suck, scored the goal.

Old
03-04-2004, 10:08 PM
rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05
The Blues played really well. They still didn't score, it seems like they've been coming close but getting bad breaks lately, it was the same way tonight. The forechecking was amazing tonight, it created a ton of chances. Backman played amazing, he was all over the ice in overtime. Ozzy played great too. Sejna looked better than he did early in the season.

My 3 Stars for the Blues

backman gets more impressive every game. i cant wait to watch him develop.

Old
03-04-2004, 11:08 PM
bluebleeder38

I also thought Sejna played very well, and Osgood was great.

Old
03-05-2004, 12:03 AM
c-carp

Quote:

My 3 Stars for the Blues
Those would have been my three as well.

Old
03-05-2004, 02:29 AM
SneakerPimp82

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:

My 3 Stars for the Blues
Bad breaks or a lack of finishers? I'd say the latter. Who else besides Demitra has any finishing touch on a shot? Tkachuk to some degree, though he's not a pick the 4 corners of the net kibda scorer. Not Weight, not Mellanby, and the rest, well, yea. As the saying goes, you create your own luck. The Bleus don't have the talent to manufacture any good luck right now.

"Can't buy a bucket."

Old
03-05-2004, 02:53 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82
Bad breaks or a lack of finishers? I'd say the latter. Who else besides Demitra has any finishing touch on a shot? Tkachuk to some degree, though he's not a pick the 4 corners of the net kibda scorer. Not Weight, not Mellanby, and the rest, well, yea. As the saying goes, you create your own luck. The Bleus don't have the talent to manufacture any good luck right now.

"Can't buy a bucket."
There is some validity to what you are saying, I also think that they have been having trouble scoring goals for so long that some of the guys are pressing to the point that they are making it worse.

Old
03-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Frenzy1

Does anyone else think that it looks like the Blues are waiting for Pleau to bring in a scorer?

Also, I like watching mayers play, but he doens't belong on the 2nd line. These lines just mystify me. Mel looks out of place and has screwed up a number of scoring chances for the 1st line last night. We had 5 Centers in the line up not, why not mess w/ the lines a little. Move some people around to create a 2nd Scoring line.

They had Sejna up and he had a decent game, why wasn't he playing w/ Weight or why wasn't Mayers centering the 3rd line w Cajanek - who also played well, moving to Weights wing or up to Center Walt and the geezer. Either way, we would create a 2nd line.

Old
03-05-2004, 03:08 PM
SneakerPimp82

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
Does anyone else think that it looks like the Blues are waiting for Pleau to bring in a scorer?

Also, I like watching mayers play, but he doens't belong on the 2nd line. These lines just mystify me. Mel looks out of place and has screwed up a number of scoring chances for the 1st line last night. We had 5 Centers in the line up not, why not mess w/ the lines a little. Move some people around to create a 2nd Scoring line.

They had Sejna up and he had a decent game, why wasn't he playing w/ Weight or why wasn't Mayers centering the 3rd line w Cajanek - who also played well, moving to Weights wing or up to Center Walt and the geezer. Either way, we would create a 2nd line.
This whole team just mystifies me, management all the way down to the players. With basically the same squad we won games earlier this season, and now we're lucky to get a tie.

Old
03-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82
This whole team just mystifies me, management all the way down to the players. With basically the same squad we won games earlier this season, and now we're lucky to get a tie.
At the beginning of the season we were able to score two goals, now we can only score 1 if lucky.

Closed Thread