HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto/Edmonton/Florida

Old
12-21-2008, 09:07 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
Toronto/Edmonton/Florida

Toronto; Shremp, Bouwmeester, Roloson, Edmontons 2nd.
Florida; Kaberle, Nilsson, Tlustly
Edmonton; Antropov, Ponikerofski, Toskala
crack

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:12 PM
JeffYear92*

vCash: 500
in before the lock

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

JeffYear92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
Toronto; Shremp, Bouwmeester, Roloson, Edmontons 2nd.
Florida; Kaberle, Nilsson, Tlustly
Edmonton; Antropov, Ponikerofski, Toskala
crack
Is what you are on.

Edmonton says no.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:16 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Is what you are on.

Edmonton says no.
but they get crack.

Old
12-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Ponikerofski is pretty good. He might be worth that whole package alone.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Joey Moss

Roloson (UFA), EDM 2nd round pick 2009 , Nilsson , Schremp for Antropov , Ponikarovski , Toskala! DEAL

As great as Roli is playing hes a UFA at seasons end, old, and will not be back, Toskala is alot better than him. Antropov and Hemsky would play nice together hed be a lot easier to get rather than Spezza and Ponikarovski has been alright. Ponikarovski-Antropov-Hemsky
That could work.. Detroit has been succesful at finding ways to build a team with underrated players..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Ghostbuster
#FireEakins

vCash: 625
Oilers don't really get ripped off, but I still say no.
Toronto gets ripped off the hardest, more so if JBO doesn't resign.
Florida does alright.

Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Is what you are on.
Edmonton says no.
Why would Edmonton say NO?? we dont give up anyone of significance and get 2 guys who have 20+ points this season + a decent goalie.

I dont know what the contracts are like but Getting Antropov + Poni + Toskala for Roloson + Nilsson + Schremp+ 2nd is pretty darn good..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
Why would Edmonton say NO?? we dont give up anyone of significance and get 2 guys who have 20+ points this season + a decent goalie.

I dont know what the contracts are like but Getting Antropov + Poni + Toskala for Roloson + Nilsson + Schremp+ 2nd is pretty darn good..
lol, I agree I'd do this trade for sure.

Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky
Ponikarovsky-Cogliano-Antropov - would be hilarious to see little Cogliano in between these two towers
Pouliot-Gagner-Cole
Moreau-Brodziak-Pisani

Looks a hell of a lot better than what the Oilers currently have.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
LeafsAlive*

mmore like 1st round PICKSS

LeafsAlive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

A fairly good three team trade with J-Bo and the Leafs in it, its a miracle!
I've seen better but still pretty good, Leafs would need more, ecspecially if J-Bo didn't resign. Maybe a first rounder and a prospect, one from EDM, one from FLR

And by a rookie user with three posts, bravo.
Maybe i should have thought about it more before I said I wanted to have a 300 post limit before you could make a proposal. Didn't work, though

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:21 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

excellent,
fax it out then.

Old
12-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownking View Post
I've seen better but still pretty good, Leafs would need more, ecspecially if J-Bo didn't resign. Maybe a first rounder and a prospect, one from EDM, one from FLR

Maybe i should have thought about it more before I said I wanted to have a 300 post limit before you could make a proposal. Didn't work, though
Toskala + Antropov also become UFAs i believe .. so i dont think EDM would be adding a 1st rounder. FLA gives up the best player so I doubt they would be adding a big piece as a 1st rounder..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:24 PM
facey

i don't think its enough return for kabby ... needs a st rounder... the panthers in particular.

facey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
facey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
Toskala + Antropov also become UFAs i believe .. so i dont think EDM would be adding a 1st rounder. FLA gives up the best player so I doubt they would be adding a big piece as a 1st rounder..
poni is signed, 2mill
antro has never been expesnsive...likely ~3mill for 3 years is what he wants...

Jbo is UFA... and going to want a huge contract... FLA needs to add a 1st rounder to get that return.

facey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 10:51 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

not nearly enough coming back to Toronto especially since I personally don't really want the leafs pursuing Jay Bo. Edmonton's pick would definately need to be a first and a prospect like Petry. Florida would need to have a conditional first coming to the leafs at the very least. It's too many pieces leaving the leafs at once. Tlusty would definately be taken out of this deal. We could do better seperating them. We would potentially be trading all of our most valuable assets for Schremp and a 2nd. What good is that?

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2008, 11:18 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

I am personally not sure what antropov or kaberle will garner at this point, I suppose 1st round picks are in order....but one is ufa, and one is getting bouwmeester.

You're right though, the leafs dont need a young defenceman, even if it is j-bo. What of Horton, then?

Old
12-22-2008, 12:45 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
I am personally not sure what antropov or kaberle will garner at this point, I suppose 1st round picks are in order....but one is ufa, and one is getting bouwmeester.

You're right though, the leafs dont need a young defenceman, even if it is j-bo. What of Horton, then?
It's not that the leafs don't need a young defenceman I'm just personally not a huge fan of his. I'd like to add Horton but I just don't see us gutting our team for him. Look at it this way.

Tor going: Tlusty, Antropov, Poni, Tlusty, Toskala

Tor coming: Schremp, Horton (staying) a 2nd which is nothing special and a 38 year old ufa goalie. Wow that doesn't look very good to me. Change it from Garon to Deslauriers and it's getting better.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 02:31 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

is it just me or in the last few days or so the trades have been getting silly---these three ways are doing me head i

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 07:54 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Is what you are on.

Edmonton says no.
You must be there with him, the Oil jump on this deal

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 08:09 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Kaberle, Nilsson, and Tlustly for Bouwmeester...done for the Cats.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownking View Post

There's no way you'd coax either a 1st round pick or a higher rated prospect than Schremp for the likes of Atro and Poni. Toskala is at best a margnial upgrade on Garon and that's even iffy. There'd have to be something better coming back to Edmonton to give up it's first which by the look of it could be a lottery pick.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
not nearly enough coming back to Toronto especially since I personally don't really want the leafs pursuing Jay Bo. Edmonton's pick would definately need to be a first and a prospect like Petry. Florida would need to have a conditional first coming to the leafs at the very least. It's too many pieces leaving the leafs at once. Tlusty would definately be taken out of this deal. We could do better seperating them. We would potentially be trading all of our most valuable assets for Schremp and a 2nd. What good is that?
You honestly expect Edmonton to give up it's 1st and a top prospect like Petry in addition to one of our best goalie prospects in Deslaurier for two pluggers and Toskala? Wow...that's horridly overrating your players. Edmonton gives up a skilled winger, a goalie that's been playing well for us (Roloson) and 2nd rounder and a fan favorite prospect in Schremp for a marginal upgrade in net (still 3 goalies) and a couple 2nd/3rd liners and you want more?

Toskala isn't an upgrade over what Edmonton is currently running with. Here's a counter for you. How about you Pogge, Kulemin, and To 1st for Pouliot, Brodziak, and your choice of Garon or Deslaurier. Sounds like a good deal doesn't it? A goalie and 2 young but experienced 3rd liners with 2nd line upside for a young goalie not ready for the NHL, a forward prospect and a 1st to balance out the difference in experience.

Realistically the orignial proposal wasn't brutal for Edmonton or Toronto. Florida was definitely on the losing end, but not nearly as bad as what you suggest would be needed to get the deal done. In your version only TO prospers.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Edmonton says yes on the condition that Garon gets moved or waived as well. The trade is a gong show though.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Beef03

You guys are forgetting one big thing, do you think Burke is in any kind of hurry to deal with the Oilers? I know Tambelini is the "GM" right now, but any deal of this magnitude I'm sure would involve Lowe at some point, and well, I think we all know how Burke feels about dealing with Lowe and all.

As far as the rest of the deal, Edmonton is looking to lose a goalie, not get one in return, also, regardless of how I feel about Antropov (not a big fan), I don't think the Oilers give up both Schremp and Nilsson in the same deal, in my mind moving Nilsson makes space for Schremp full time. Almost addition by subtraction in that regard.

Beef03 is offline   Reply With Quote