HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Possible Rental players at deadline. up-coming UFA's

Old
12-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Blazephr

vCash: 500
J.Lundqvist over Dubi? Jesus...Dubi is only a sophmore. Give him a break. Check out the first 3 year stats for Zetterberg & Datsyuk. It even took them a couple of years to catch on...as does with most players Dubi's age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
are you trying to say zetterberg is a gomez clone or something? he's a defensive forward not one of those guys that blazes up the ice and either scores or goes back down on a odd man rush.

Yes dubinsky to wing ,what is he doing thats so special on center right now? only reason i put J.lundqvist in there is obviously because it would benefit his brother to be on the same team.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 10:22 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
I'd rather move Betts to the 3rd line before the other Lundqvist.... there just isn't a spot for him right now. We need wingers and D.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 10:42 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Two things.

One- The organization has all but given up on Prucha. He is only here because they haven't found anyone to take his contract yet.

I like Prucha. I feel he can still have a good NHL career. It won't be with the Rangers, however.

Two- What is it with people talking about giving the young guys a chance. Have you looked at the roster? This is the YOUNGEST Rangers squad iced since the early 80's.

How old do people think these guys are?

Lundqvist- 26
Staal- 21
Girardi- 24
Zherdev- 24
Dubinsky- 22
Korpikoski- 22
Dawes- 23
Callahan- 23
Sjostrom- 25
Kalinin- 28
Mara- 29
Voros- 27
Orr- 26
Betts- 28
Gomez- 28

Those are the guys who are currently not healthy scratches. And are under 30. 8 of them are 25 or younger.

And there is NO ONE in Hartford to step up, other then Anisimov, Sanguinetti is not ready yet. And Anisimov is not ready yet either.

Guys like Weise, Soryal, Sudgen, Parenteau, etc.. have slim to no chance of being NHL players. Not for this team.

There are no young guys in Hartford or in Juniors that are ready.

And besides that, MOST of the guys in our lineup every night are in their EARLY 20's.
Won't know till we try. Girardi would have languished in the minors if it wasn't for an injury to have him called up. No reason not to TRY internally before going externally. He also went 9 months without scoring a point when he first came up...but they gave him a chance.

How much trouble would it be to give Sangs 3 games to see if he has learned anything so far. What happens if we see that he is a legit pp qb? Then that makes a move for Redden , Rosi or Kalinin more plausible and not a gamble to get something back for him.

How much trouble would it be to allow Ani a few shifts in the big game to see where he's at. Can't be worse than Dawes Fritche Prucha. And if he does well, it bolsters the center position to make someone like Gomez expendable. I think you could get a 1st or 2nd round draft pick for him. Or some good top 6 prospect talent to fill the stable.

How much could it hurt to sit Kalinin for 3 games to see how a dman from the Wuffpak works out.

You can't step up if you never get the opportunity to do so. And training camp is not an indication of if they can play. You gotta give them a few games, and some practices as part of the squad.

And let's put it this way, if you were to call up let's say Sangs, and he does show that he's got the skills and tenacity to stick. That makes people like Kalinin expendable. And alters the way the GM would look at any deal. He wouldn't trade for a dman if the position was ably covered. Then he could trade for something else the club needs, like a Right Wing...or a Physical Dman.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 11:01 AM
eco's bones

People should give up on the Joel Lundqvist thing. He is a 4th liner/spare at this point. The idea of uniting the twins is mostly just a feel good thing.

As for Sykora--been there, done that. He is a support scorer and he doesn't have the size or grit we need either. You can't rely on him when the chips are down.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
6 goals in 101 career games says he doesn't score against anyone, let alone his brother.

He would be absolutely pointless on this team.
scoring isn't a problem on this team. We need more 3rd-4th line grinders

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 11:53 AM
NYR Viper

ok, here are some options, if i were sather, that i would look into for the playoffs this season.

Laperriere(adds size and grit)
Cole
Tkachuk
JBo
O'donnel

On forward, they need to add size and grit with the ability to score.
On defense they need either someone who can shoot the puck or someone very physical.

Over the offseason I would like to see Sather persue one of these players.

Jbo
Franzen
Laperriere
Mara
Cole

IMO one of rozsival or redden need to be traded either this season or this offseason IF sather has a chance of signing JBO as he is much better than both of them.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 12:17 PM
ThirdEye

Hopefully Flordia continues their winning streak. Then dealing Bouwmeester would be out of the question at the deadline.

I still don't see how we could sign him without getting rid of Redden or Rozsival. Some teams will be throwing 7-8 million at him

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 12:18 PM
OneMinuteShift

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
ok, here are some options, if i were sather, that i would look into for the playoffs this season.

Laperriere(adds size and grit)
Cole
Tkachuk
JBo
O'donnel
Ian Laps would be great, but at his age, he's not the same, and he loves Colorado, he'll fight leaving all the way, and that doesn't make for a happy situation.

JBo is gonna come at a huge price compared to the others you listed. Rosy, prucha and a pick, i know, i know....

Quote:
On forward, they need to add size and grit with the ability to score.
Who doesn't need that?

Quote:
On defense they need either someone who can shoot the puck or someone very physical.
Who doesn't need that?

Quote:
IMO one of rozsival or redden need to be traded either this season or this offseason IF sather has a chance of signing JBO as he is much better than both of them.
If JBo makes it to free agency, its gonna take alot of money. Then you want to resign our restricted guys and Mara. Thats alot of space to fill.

OneMinuteShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 12:23 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Hey, I'll take Zubov for a few months...

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 12:50 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo23 View Post
Not if he can't stat healthy.

12-22-2008, 02:20 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

um...maybe you should add every player from the Ottawa roster.

There be good deals there soon.

FireSale...every player must go. Buy one today and get a free cupholder with your purchase.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 02:26 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
um...maybe you should add every player from the Ottawa roster.

There be good deals there soon.

FireSale...every player must go. Buy one today and get a free cupholder with your purchase.
Which players from that team with some of those contracts?Unless they want to swap contract for contract.The Rangers aren't in a position to add more signed players without shedding future money in the deal.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=OTT

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 02:28 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo23 View Post
Zubov is out for the season with hip surgery in January

Old
12-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Realistically, these are dmen I would consider pursuing:
Derek Morris, Jordan Leopold, Sean O'Donnell, Mathieu Schneider

Only looking at teams who will probably be out of the playoff race. Anybody even close won't be sellers.
Yes! Jordan Leopold, I see him as a replacement for Rosy in the off-season for some reason.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 02:29 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
Won't know till we try. Girardi would have languished in the minors if it wasn't for an injury to have him called up. .
Girardi was brought up and Kasparaitis was sent down.No injury was involved.

Old
12-22-2008, 02:35 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
That's true. But maybe we can take a risk on him. If he doesn't come back he wouldn't count against the cap right? Of course we have to get him here and I don't know what that would take but I like him and if we could improve our chances of getting him to sign here (with a good contract) the following year that would be amazing. We might be able to grab him cheap because of his injury.
You want to acquire a player who has not in nearly 2 years because of a bad back.

He only doesn't count against the cap if he is on long term IR and the Rangers use his money for a replacement(s).In other case,he counts against the cap.

Some people question the Rangers cap moves and come up with trading for a injured player on LTIR.

Old
12-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Bills09

Leaf Fan coming in Peace here.

What would you guys be willing to offer for Nik Antropov?
any interest..

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post

any interest..
Don't really think he'd fit in here. He's not a pure goal scorer, nor a great power forward.

Also, are you proud to be from Sean Avery's hometown?

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Don't really think he'd fit in here. He's not a pure goal scorer, nor a great power forward.
I disagree , he is one of the best fits since he is a big body and makes only 2 million..........he can be had for Sauer , Fritsche or Prucha and a descent pick............

It gives them balanced lines...........I am one of the few that also thinks they should get Joel Lundvist and move Drury to the Wing

Naslund, Dubinsky, Zherdev
Antropov, Gomez, Drury
Voros, Lundqvist, Callahan
Sjostrom, Betts, Orr, Dawes,Korpikoski

Draft picks , Prucha, Fritsche and descent propect like Sauer can get those 2 in the fold and balance the lines

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I'd rather move Betts to the 3rd line before the other Lundqvist.... there just isn't a spot for him right now. We need wingers and D.
Lundqvist is a bigger body and he won't disrupt the dressing room, it would actually bring alot of energy since he is Henriks Twin Bro

freaking no brainer people..............if he doesnt come this yr I can guarantee he is here next yr

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 02:54 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I disagree , he is one of the best fits since he is a big body and makes only 2 million..........he can be had for Sauer , Fritsche or Prucha and a descent pick............

It gives them balanced lines...........I am one of the few that also thinks they should get Joel Lundvist and move Drury to the Wing

Naslund, Dubinsky, Zherdev
Antropov, Gomez, Drury
Voros, Lundqvist, Callahan
Sjostrom, Betts, Orr, Dawes,Korpikoski

Draft picks , Prucha, Fritsche and descent propect like Sauer can get those 2 in the fold and balance the lines
No need for Lundqvist. Certainly not worth giving up assets for. And there's nothing to show he's a third line center.

Not to mention I don't see Burke taking that package.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 02:58 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Lundqvist is a bigger body and he won't disrupt the dressing room, it would actually bring alot of energy since he is Henriks Twin Bro
Based on what? And since when is being Henrik's brother worth more than production?

My god if his last name was Green, nobody would say word one about getting this guy.

Old
12-22-2008, 03:01 PM
OneMinuteShift

If I'm Lou Lams I trade for Joel Lundqvist. He's a perfect fit on that team, not to mention it could have an effect on Hank everytime Joel is on the ice. Plus the brothers get to be in the metro area.

OneMinuteShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post

any interest..
I like Antropov, but I'm leery of what Leafs fans seem to be asking for him. A lot of threads I've seen are asking for a 1st rounder, which I'm not quite sure is a good value for him.

I'd say Prucha + 2nd but with Burke taking the wheel in Toronto, he'd just think Sather was joking.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 03:06 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I like Antropov, but I'm leery of what Leafs fans seem to be asking for him. A lot of threads I've seen are asking for a 1st rounder, which I'm not quite sure is a good value for him.

I'd say Prucha + 2nd.
Not sure they would want Prucha. He's a RFA at the end of the season.