HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

At this point

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2004, 12:25 PM
punchy1

vCash: 500
At this point

With Andy having made a shambles of our line combos and proving that he is going to continue with this foolishness for the rest of the season, why shouldn't we, at this point in time, bring in Squid and start using our younger lads in a more dominant role as well.

Cams has 23 points in 56 regular season games. He has accomplished this while receiving 13 mins a game. Everytime he is given a shot on the top lines, he produces. If he IS going to be "our future' it will have to be next season or bust. He is not only ready but has proven so every time he is here. Of course, Andy doesn't like him and why should he? He is the anti Murray player in that he plays with emotion and fire and won't be a robot that is willing to go from producing on the top lines (with almost no ice time to speak of) to even less time on the back markers without saying "thank you sir, may I have another".

I want lads on my team that want the puck all of the time. I want that passion. That leadership. Not Andy.

Barney has proven he too is a big body who produces when given the chance. He should be there as well.

Brownie, well, he simply were rushed into the NHL and wasn't ready. He has done a very great job at doing what he can but, at this point, I would be ashamed if I were Andy and Dave on what has happened with him. There is naught left to do but PLAY the lad.

Modry is a UFA and could end up leaving for more money (I doubt the Kings will let this "prize" get away though unfortunately), he should sit the rest of the year.

Dempsey should be given more ice time and used in every situation possible. We have to make a decision on him this offseason and so far my answer would be no thank you. He may just need time to adjust so, I would make certain he has it to learn if I want him back.

Miller has been rubbish and should be dealt off season to the highest bidder for what we can get. Package him with Ebell and Rosa to the Caps for Kolzig and one of their players who will go UFA this coming season that they want to move or a mid rounder.

Give the ice time to,

Corvo/Gleason/Grebeshkov/Visnovsky/Dempsey/Matty and Zizka as a back up(#7)

Lets see what we have at the ready.

Either put Roman in for the rest of the season OR SIT HIM and call up Choinard and let him get the rest of the starts with Huet at the ready. If it is an issue of not wanting to lose him to waivers by sending him down, then LET IT HAPPEN. (it wouldn't)

At this point, that is what I would do if I were Andy Murray.

Of course, if I were Andy, I would NEVER have messed our successful lines up to begin with !

Lines

Frolov/Squid/Barney (grit, speed creativity, Net Banger)

Luc/Army/Brownie

Cowan/Avery/Lappy

Straka/Stumpel/Carter (or, if you are certain you won't go after Stumpel again, sit him in favour of Pirnes)

We are going to have Straka next year as he is under contract. Carter was dealt for one of our top three so he will be here as well. I have gone from "I CAN'T BLOODY WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR" to "WTF IS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN WE START NEXT YEAR"?

Thoughts?

Old
03-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Good post.

Miller has not only been rubbish (although I don't agree he doesn't hit anymore) but he's also 33. I agree, trade him when people still think he has value. Together with Belanger he could bring you a nice player, not sure the answer is Kolzig. It wouldn't surprise me we get a situation like we had with Fuhr. However, it's time The Kings are going to draft a couple of goalies in this year's draft because we have no goalie prospects or whatsoever.

About Cammalleri...I've always been a Cam fan, so of course I agree. Where do you find players with 23 points in 56 regular season games who don't have a regular spot ? It's not because he plays bad defense, so I don't get it.

Old
03-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Fat Elvis

I like what you have to say. I'm not sure I would have Cams at center, I think that he would be a more productive winger. IF we lose the next 2, in the last 5 games I say it is try-out, win/lose job time. I do not think that Andy deals with young players well, and hopefully he communicates with them so they know why they're not playing. God knows that there are players in the lineup night after night not producing and it kills me to see them out on the ice shift after shift.
What I'd like to see:
Kings resign Palffy,Stumple for 2nd line, Lappy, Huet, Vis long term, Barney, Fro long term.
Kings not resign Modry, Carter(you just gotta cut your loses), Tripp, Chartrand, Holland, Kuz, and a host of their Manchester career AHL'rs.
Play Clarke, Cammy, Gleason, Grebs, Barney, and Brown and leave them the F$%! alone, let them play.
Find out what we have in Steckel, Hogeboom, Rome, Kanko, Petiot, Gabinet, and even Tambs.
We have too much potential talent to have guys like Kuz, Chartrand, and Tripp to take ice away from these kids. Let's see them play these last 5 games. The magical 94 points is gone.

Old
03-23-2004, 02:26 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
I like what you have to say. I'm not sure I would have Cams at center, I think that he would be a more productive winger. IF we lose the next 2, in the last 5 games I say it is try-out, win/lose job time. I do not think that Andy deals with young players well, and hopefully he communicates with them so they know why they're not playing. God knows that there are players in the lineup night after night not producing and it kills me to see them out on the ice shift after shift.
What I'd like to see:
Kings resign Palffy,Stumple for 2nd line, Lappy, Huet, Vis long term, Barney, Fro long term.
Kings not resign Modry, Carter(you just gotta cut your loses), Tripp, Chartrand, Holland, Kuz, and a host of their Manchester career AHL'rs.
Play Clarke, Cammy, Gleason, Grebs, Barney, and Brown and leave them the F$%! alone, let them play.
Find out what we have in Steckel, Hogeboom, Rome, Kanko, Petiot, Gabinet, and even Tambs.
We have too much potential talent to have guys like Kuz, Chartrand, and Tripp to take ice away from these kids. Let's see them play these last 5 games. The magical 94 points is gone.
don't forget to hang onto pirnes. he's a valuable player. i would also keep chartrand around, even if he's just a perrenial healthy scratch. he's got a good attitude, works hard, and can fill in briefly in any situation. i wouldn't use him instead of developing youth, but he can be a valuable depth player and he's dirt cheap.

as for goalies, i think dealing for kolzig would be a huge mistake. the guy is what, mid thirties? and how much does he make, six million? no thanks. we might as well keep cechmanek around as our number 1; he's not completely terrible, and we don't have to trade team assets to get him.

Old
03-23-2004, 02:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Carter(you just gotta cut your loses)
While Carter has sucked, it is unfair to say cut your losses when he has only been with the team for like 6 games. We traded damaged goods to get him. What losses are to be cut? The fact he is an RFA? He'd be sitting for 2 years because you don't get compensation for not qualifying a RFA.

Old
03-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Fat Elvis

I forgot about Pirnes, and infact I would incert him in Ebel's spot. I agree that Kolzig is not our answer for a goalie. We did draft 2 goalies last year and Munce was touted to have some good potential (like 99% of goalies drafted in the first 3 rounds). Zaba has impressed even Oiler Chick, and Chournard was a former 1st rounder and has been inconsistant but has good numbers. If we draft a 1st round goalie this year they may not be any better than what we've got. I haven't heard the same can't miss we heard with Fluery with any of them.
I say "cut our losses with Carter" because his game is no better than any of our wings we have right now including Chartrand. Tripp and Carter are equally useless except Tripp is willing to get physical. Most if not all the names I stated in my previous post would be an improvement IF given the chance than Carter has been in his 8 games with us. Look at Barney's #s and even Clarke. Even Tripp.
Oh, and fair has nothing to do with it.

Old
03-23-2004, 04:53 PM
punchy1

I agree on Kolzig but, here is why I suggested him. Firstly he is a great goalie with at least another season or two in him, maybe more. But, if he is brought in for next year with an option (I think he has a year and a team option on his contract left) and we bring up Choinard or obtain even keep Huet at BU, we give Zaba/Munce/Montoya(orShwantz)/Choinard another year or two to develope into starters while still reamaining competitive.

Kolzig is a big game goalie but it doesn't have to be him, as long as it is a true Number One then that would be good with me. If I were able to chose any that would be available, Gerber would be my pick. He though, is more of a long term situation.

If we are talking on next season then at this point I would say,

Pirnes/Cowan/Barney/--Cowan/Steckle/Karlson/Kanko would all be great fourth liners next year. I would like to see us rank them and then put them in order. Keep the top three on the team and then use the others as call ups.

Avery/Lappy/Klatt (now that would be one dandy corker of a line)

Frolov/?//Straka/Ziggy (Wanted, first line center, must be capable of scoring and passing, only gritty need apply)

Luc/Army/Carter (if he is to be with the team which I have to believe he will. If not, SQUID IS THE MAN!!!)

Packaging the following of Straka or Carter (depending on how Carters contract goes) Miller, Belanger and Rosa as well. Like I said, I reckon that Miller/Belanger/and Rosa will garner lots of interest and might land us a fine goalie and a pick. We have more than enough better replacements on D and on defencive center and Rosa is arguably the best winger in the AHL. He has also proven he can score readily in the NHL. I want to see him either play for us or go to a team that will give him a chance. I hope he goes on to become a great player in the game, it would teach Andy a couple of things that is for certain.

All of you lads insights are right interesting and I have learned from reading them. Cheers for taking the time and keep em coming!

Old
03-23-2004, 06:12 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
While Carter has sucked, it is unfair to say cut your losses when he has only been with the team for like 6 games. We traded damaged goods to get him. What losses are to be cut? The fact he is an RFA? He'd be sitting for 2 years because you don't get compensation for not qualifying a RFA.
I don't really agree that Aulin is damaged goods. He's barely 22, and has a long career ahead of him. This move may as well be the clone of Alex Zhitnik.........Long prosperous career, and after two years we won't have d*ck to show for. He was a top prospect in my book! This year is now done in my eyes, but some players seriously need to wake the ***** up!............or get out! Everybody on this board pretty much has the same list of players on the out! Modry especially........this guy has been taunted year after year by fans, but he usually just ends up getting more time the next game.

Old
03-23-2004, 07:00 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
What is all this let the young kids play? Come on guys you act like we are out of the playoff picture.

Old
03-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Fat Elvis

The thing with Rosa is that he is not signed for next season. Before we start packaging deals for next season I would wait to see what the new rules are if there is a next season. We may be able to get a free agent or two that would fill the voids we had this year. And I said IF we lose the next 2 games we should play the kids for the last 5, IF we lose the next 2 there is no chance of even reaching 90 points.

Old
03-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
The thing with Rosa is that he is not signed for next season. Before we start packaging deals for next season I would wait to see what the new rules are if there is a next season. We may be able to get a free agent or two that would fill the voids we had this year. And I said IF we lose the next 2 games we should play the kids for the last 5, IF we lose the next 2 there is no chance of even reaching 90 points.
link
Rosa mentions in this article about returning to Europe if he didn't make the NHL this season
I think Rosa is a goner

Old
03-23-2004, 08:41 PM
zeppelin97

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
I don't really agree that Aulin is damaged goods. He's barely 22, and has a long career ahead of him. This move may as well be the clone of Alex Zhitnik.........Long prosperous career, and after two years we won't have d*ck to show for. He was a top prospect in my book!
Just to add to that, say what you will about Aulin's prospects of becoming a top 6 forward. Fact is Aulin has (and still has) GOOD trade value! We package our pick + aulin and move up 4-7 spots in the 04' draft to pick the next 'Brodeur'. Or at least *could have* packaged Aulin + something to acquire Garon or Noronen. (all in hindsight).

At this point, Carter and Straka have proved 'veteran experience' is not enduring. Its overrated. I wouldn't mind seeing cammy play over Carter.

Closed Thread