HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

How about we start booing?

Old
12-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
How about we start booing?

We are all tired of Arnason and Clark, right? So how about we start booing them every time they touch the puck and chant resign for Granato? It might not effect them but it can't hurt right?

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 09:21 PM
quesosauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by svatos_the_great View Post
We are all tired of Arnason and Clark, right? So how about we start booing them every time they touch the puck and chant resign for Granato? It might not effect them but it can't hurt right?
no........

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Boooooo!

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
Boooooo!
How did I know that was coming?lol

Old
12-22-2008, 09:52 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Only way the fans can affect the team is to stop paying for it

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 11:46 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Only way the fans can affect the team is to stop paying for it
Were starting to see that already...it seems like management is ok with being mediocre...If I was in Denver I would boo everytime Clark touched the puck and everytime ...but chances are people would mistaken my "booooos" with "Budaj"

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 11:51 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Were starting to see that already...it seems like management is ok with being mediocre...If I was in Denver I would boo everytime Clark touched the puck and everytime ...but chances are people would mistaken my "booooos" with "Budaj"
And the reason they'd make that mistake is because everytime Clark is on the ice Budaj gets bombarded with shots as he (Clark) bumbles the puck, gives it away and lets people blow past him.

I think only the legitimate targeting of players with names identified would convince Avalanche management that these guys really shouldn't be getting paid. We should make an Arnason highlight video of him throwing the puck away the second he gets it, him floating around in negative space, and statistical anaylsis of his games. The same video package could be done with Clark. You know what the Avs would say? "Well, you know, there's nothing wrong, they're human, they're allowed to make mistakes." or something along those lines. We should all start chanting we want Tavares and we want Hedman. We can change it up from game to game, maybe that'll wake them up.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2008, 11:59 PM
boz
Altitude Fan

we're not montreal..

boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Mant*

The team does need to be booed at. Whenever they play a home game and give one of their sad little efforts where they barely try to win, they should be booed as they go into the locker room for each intermission and at the end of the game. However, I don't think any single player should be singled out and booed at... after all, they all need to take responsibility for their pathetic performances.

Personally, I won't waste money to go see this team when I can sit at home and be disappointed in them. Until they actually start putting out team efforts, rather than their typical style of taking 30-40 minutes per game off, I'm not going anywhere near Pepsi Center.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by boz View Post
we're not montreal..
congratulation great comment and a true comment , you have some courrage saying stuff like that. I was thinking the same thing but you beat me to it.

Some morons fans from Montreal were never scare of boing players that they doesnt like . Ask Brisebois and how he wanted to get out of Montreal at all cost , back then.

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Hercules Rockefeller

It's not Arnasons fault that he plays instead of Hensick. It's not Clark's fault that he isn't more than a mediocre bottom-pairing defensman.

Booing Granato makes no sense as well. It's not his fault being a bad coach. I mean...who would deny the coaching jobs with all the money and benefits if someone offers it to you?
Seriously, I can't blame Granato. He's definitely giving his best to improve this team. Problem is his "best" is barely good enough for uninspiring 0.50 hockey.

So if you really wanna boo someone out of the arena you have to boo the real decision-makers. With the Avs though, it's hard to figure out who they are.

Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Chileiceman

If I were going to games I'd be booing until I was blue in the face.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 04:57 PM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
It's not Arnasons fault that he plays instead of Hensick. It's not Clark's fault that he isn't more than a mediocre bottom-pairing defensman.

Booing Granato makes no sense as well. It's not his fault being a bad coach. I mean...who would deny the coaching jobs with all the money and benefits if someone offers it to you?
Seriously, I can't blame Granato. He's definitely giving his best to improve this team. Problem is his "best" is barely good enough for uninspiring 0.50 hockey.

So if you really wanna boo someone out of the arena you have to boo the real decision-makers. With the Avs though, it's hard to figure out who they are.
Look for the chubby dark haired, older fella, that sits way up top to the far left of the broadcast booth.

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 07:26 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
No.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post

But it is his fault that he plays lazy. If we boo clark he will start to hate playing in Colorado. It's Granato's fault that this team plays like the have no heart.

Old
12-24-2008, 03:22 AM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
congratulation great comment and a true comment , you have some courrage saying stuff like that. I was thinking the same thing but you beat me to it.

Some morons fans from Montreal were never scare of boing players that they doesnt like . Ask Brisebois and how he wanted to get out of Montreal at all cost , back then.

So, if we boo Clark and Arnason, they'll want out of Colorado at all costs? I fully agree that booing should be lift at the Bell Centre, but that makes it sound a little more tempting.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Carnell

I have alot of respect for Colorado's organization and you guys thier fans, but this is a rebuild, its the first one you guys have endured in Colorado but it wont be the last.

Remember how you got your team? Quebec tanked and nobody showed up so the team was moved, then first year in Colorado you take the cup with all the great draft picks from years of tanking.

Support the the team guys find things to cheer about!

Carnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Commander Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnell View Post
I have alot of respect for Colorado's organization and you guys thier fans, but this is a rebuild, its the first one you guys have endured in Colorado but it wont be the last.

Remember how you got your team? Quebec tanked and nobody showed up so the team was moved, then first year in Colorado you take the cup with all the great draft picks from years of tanking.

Unfortunately, it's not a rebuild. There have not been any firesales. No stockpiling of draft picks. Maybe that's all coming, but until it does, it's not a rebuild. The team was a final eight team last season. There is no indication anyone associated with the team felt that could not be duplicated this year. They signed Darcy Tucker. They changed coaches. The new coach is refusing to give a young talented player like TJ Hensick an expanded role because he feels Tyler Arnason is a better option. That's not how you rebuild.

And I can speak for the majority of Avs fans when I say, I'd take a true rebuild any day of the week over what we're getting now. Watching a team struggle because the players are young and inexperienced is easy to swallow. Watching young players develop is worthwhile. Watching a veteran team struggle because management wants a coach to develop, especially when said coach won't give young players a chance to develop, not so much.

Last edited by Commander Enigma: 12-24-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Mant*

Quote:

Sorry, but even rebuilding teams show a desire to win and play with heart and effort. This team is just lazy much of the time, content to do the bare minimum that it takes to stay in the lineup and collect their paycheck.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Golden Foppa

Booing is not the answer. That's a low class and non-loyal way to treat your team. We don't have to like certain players, but when they are wearing your team's colors you should support them. That doesn't mean cheer for them, but it certainly means don't boo them and make them feel like crap. I dislike Clark and Arnason as much as anybody, but I won't be booing them at the Pepsi Center. If some people are so frustrated with team that think it's justifiable to boo their own team maybe they could consider switching favorite teams? Nobody is forced to be an Avalanche fan. But those that choose to be Avs fans should support the team and not boo them.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 10:32 PM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:

Nope that is not how it went down at all. The Nordiques had a strong and supportive fanbase and a very good up and coming young team on the verge of taking it to the next level when the owner got greedy and wanted a new arena in order to expand his profit margin. He threatened to sell the team if he did not get his new arena and voila. The ownership group from Colorado bought the Nordiques and moved them here.

Halfway through that first season the Colorado Avalanche aquired the missing piece with the trade for an elite #1 goal tender in Patrick Roy from the Canadiens. (side note - Roy would never have been traded to the arch rival Nordiques.) That pushed them over the top and made them a Stanley Cup Winner.

So this situation that the Avs now find themselves in is not at all similar to the last year of the Nords.

bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:07 PM
ThisYearsModel

Stastny is now out with a broken arm? That makes Arnason your #1 C. Any interest in bringing Chris Drury back? The Rangers nwould probably take Brett Clark and another player (David Jones?) for him.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Golden Foppa

If we had a competent coach Arnason would still be #3 center or worse behind Hensick and Wolski.

I doubt the Avs want anything to do with Drury's $7M contract.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 09:19 AM
LTC Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by svatos_the_great View Post
Quad bag of hammers!

LTC Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 12:25 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Stastny is now out with a broken arm? That makes Arnason your #1 C. Any interest in bringing Chris Drury back? The Rangers nwould probably take Brett Clark and another player (David Jones?) for him.
switch Jones with arnason and you have a deal (we can move Wolski to center and have TJ, Lappy, and Guite be the other 3)

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote