HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/23/08 Washington Capitals at New York Rangers. Madison Square Garden. 7:00 PM

Old
12-23-2008, 06:39 PM
bottleCAPS

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bottleCAPS Send a message via MSN to bottleCAPS Send a message via Yahoo to bottleCAPS
atta boy johnny, next shot goes in.

bottleCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ovechkins Wodka

Great BJ is hurtin... do we put Theo back in

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

Bs offside call

TheFountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
txpd

This could be a double fail tonight. Theodore ruins his cred in the room and in the front office and Johnson is further injured by being forced to play.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack Herer

Who the **** is Nico? Nico Buys Cars? Sounds pretty shady.

Jack Herer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 06:40 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

3 goals spotted to Lundquist in the 1st. Glad BB had the team all prepped to play tonight. Nobody has shown up.

First little bit of momentum and Fehr kills a PP with a lazy ass play.

Pathetic effort.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Jack Herer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
Great BJ is hurtin... do we put Theo back in
Do we have a choice?

Jack Herer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 06:41 PM
txpd

What is also troubling is that the Caps had some chances to score and failed to do that.
A goal could change a lot. They need to be careful that the first period in Philadelphia is not a slump starter.

Old
12-23-2008, 06:41 PM
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

Terrible period. Jose + Ahlers equals 3-0 . I honestly think Theo is one of the worst three starting goalies in the league. Osgood isn't looking too hot, but Theo is flat out atrocious

Old
12-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Ovechkin

Best available is meaningless when one guy is pretty much it. Jose was "best" by default, and you don't compete based on that. There is a reason why everyone at HF was laughing at this signing and voted Threeormore most likely to be a fa bust in the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDC-RES View Post
Gimme a break! Try looking at those contracts in context please. Huet walked. If he hadn't signes anyone people would be calling for his head. he took a chance on the best goalie available. It isn't panning out but at least it's a short contract.

We got Nylander when we had a HUGE need for centers. no Feds and no Backs at that point. Nylander was fairly highly sought after.

A little context is key. GMGM is doing a great job with this team and I, for one, hope he stays.

The way people panic and point fingers at the drop of a hat really amazes me. Try being objective instead of just throwing out one of the oft-used "sky is falling" type of posts without even thinking about it.

Ovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 06:42 PM
bottleCAPS

Send a message via AIM to bottleCAPS Send a message via MSN to bottleCAPS Send a message via Yahoo to bottleCAPS
meh, i'm not going to get huffed up on fehr, that PP wasn't about to score any time soon.

they won't be drawing many penalties tonight anyways, they have the jimmy legs.

Old
12-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Darkproducer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2010 View Post
3 goals spotted to Lundquist in the 1st. Glad BB had the team all prepped to play tonight. Nobody has shown up.

First little bit of momentum and Fehr kills a PP with a lazy ass play.

Pathetic effort.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but is fehr ever going to step up offensively? Or is he another flash that will just take a long time to come into his own? I gave up on flash, and I see I was wrong...I was never impressed with fehr and to this day I am not.

Edit: This is not because of the lazy play, I have been wondering this for a while.

Darkproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin View Post
Best available is meaningless when one guy is pretty much it. Jose was "best" by default, and you don't compete based on that. There is a reason why everyone at HF was laughing at this signing and voted Threeormore most likely to be a fa bust in the offseason.
So you are arguing for 6 on 5 next game for the whole game? I'm still waiting for you to come up with anything beyond "GMGM SUX!!!!1"

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkin View Post

So you are honestly saying that if you were running things you would have come into this season having signed NO goaltender?

I'll stay with GMGM.

XDC-RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 06:44 PM
bottleCAPS

if Varlamov wasn't in NA and playing well, would we still be having this goalie argument?

Old
12-23-2008, 06:45 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Gimme a break! Try looking at those contracts in context please. Huet walked. If he hadn't signed anyone people would be calling for his head. He took a chance on the best goalie available. It isn't panning out but at least it's a short contract.

We got Nylander when we had a HUGE need for centers. No Feds and no Backs at that point. Nylander was fairly highly sought after.

A little context is key. GMGM is doing a great job with this team and I, for one, hope he stays.

The way people panic and point fingers at the drop of a hat really amazes me. Try being objective instead of just throwing out one of the oft-used "sky is falling" type of posts without even thinking about it.
+1 to this.

I would criticize GMGM for his signing of Erskine and his lack of creativity in trading for goalies/defensemen, but overall he's done a good job of putting together this core of players.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleCAPS View Post
meh, i'm not going to get huffed up on fehr, that PP wasn't about to score any time soon.

they won't be drawing many penalties tonight anyways, they have the jimmy legs.
When the coach lays into you for some effort and less then five minutes later you take on offensive zone hooking penalty on the power play, its not good.

Old
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
This could be a double fail tonight. Theodore ruins his cred in the room and in the front office and Johnson is further injured by being forced to play.
Reading the transcript to Kozlov's interview yesterday the other day, I would venture to guess that his "cred" is at its lowest possible ebb already.

Old
tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
Why do you feel terrible for him? He's one of the most over paid players in the league... no need to feel sorry, hes a lucky SOB.
There's a level of pride you carry in your play, and to go from Vezina/Hart to this... it's just sad to see.

tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Use the ignore lists people, or stop quoting the guy for those of us that are, please.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 06:46 PM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Quote:
if Varlamov wasn't in NA and playing well, would we still be having this goalie argument?
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, oh what a party we'd have!

XDC-RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkproducer View Post
I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but is fehr ever going to step up offensively? Or is he another flash that will just take a long time to come into his own? I gave up on flash, and I see I was wrong...I was never impressed with fehr and to this day I am not.

Edit: This is not because of the lazy play, I have been wondering this for a while.
I'm trying to stay off his back this season, but he's shown me a hell of a lot less skill this year than Flash did last year.

Flash would give you a glimpse or two each game where you could see the offensive skill just below the surface. Fehr gives you a glimpse or two each month if that.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ovechkin

I'd have gone with Jonhson for a year before wasting 4.5 million on a guy who looks done in the NHL for most of the time. Myabe even half a year and wait for a prospect to take over.

Think of it like this, you need a new car, but you can only find one guy selling a car in your price range, and its an overpriced piece of garbage.

Do you take the bus for a year until you can find another that you actually want, or do you spend all your money and end up still needing a car but no lack the ability to buy one?

Quote:
So you are honestly saying that if you were running things you would have come into this season having signed NO goaltender?

I'll stay with GMGM.

Ovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Ghoul

The Caps are like Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde this year. At home they are fantastic but on the road they are horrific. They have 40 minutes to turn this game around. With a few good bounces they can do it.

The Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 06:48 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Yes.

Olie was terrible last year, remember?

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote