HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

bj's are short a center

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2008, 02:47 AM
  #26
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Dubinsky, Prucha, Redden, 2nd for Commodore, Modin, Filatov?

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 03:00 AM
  #27
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 10,073
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Gomez for a stale donut from the best donut shop in all of Columbus

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 03:04 AM
  #28
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Dubinsky, Prucha, Redden, 2nd for Commodore, Modin, Filatov?

Typical trade except you included Dubi.

1) There's always Prucha. Always. Never mind that Sather couldn't get a 7th rounder for him. If you just put down a name, it looks like you are giving up something, so there!

2) As usual, there's an overpaid player who's underperforming - Redden. Never mind that every other team decided that at his present salary, he's not worth taking for free (or else they'd have extended him the offer). Why consider this?! We'll just write his name. And we'll also say that he's a good defenseman. And then just pretend that nobody except you realizes that he's so overpaid, he's not worth anything. Again, if no other team wanted to pay him his present salary in order to get him for free, what makes you think people will give up assets for him?

3) Then we have a second round pick. The quickest way to know that the trade will be awful is to look for a second rounder.

When a person offers it, it's only because he is thinking to himself, "what I just proposed isn't enough." But instead of giving up something useful, he think, "a second rounder is a good asset. I don't mind losing it, but I am sure others want it, so that will make my trade proposal fair". But it won't. It never does.

4) You did give up Dubi, but most trade proposals are similar to that: you give up one assets for several others who are much more valuable.

And again, you are giving up more or less spare parts. We have Gomez and Drury on top 2 lines. Betts is on the 4th line. And the 3rd line can be held up by Korps or later Anisimov. So Dubi becomes expandable.


So just as 99% of the other trade proposals, yours is God awful.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 04:19 AM
  #29
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Typical trade except you included Dubi.

1) There's always Prucha. Always. Never mind that Sather couldn't get a 7th rounder for him. If you just put down a name, it looks like you are giving up something, so there!

2) As usual, there's an overpaid player who's underperforming - Redden. Never mind that every other team decided that at his present salary, he's not worth taking for free (or else they'd have extended him the offer). Why consider this?! We'll just write his name. And we'll also say that he's a good defenseman. And then just pretend that nobody except you realizes that he's so overpaid, he's not worth anything. Again, if no other team wanted to pay him his present salary in order to get him for free, what makes you think people will give up assets for him?

3) Then we have a second round pick. The quickest way to know that the trade will be awful is to look for a second rounder.

When a person offers it, it's only because he is thinking to himself, "what I just proposed isn't enough." But instead of giving up something useful, he think, "a second rounder is a good asset. I don't mind losing it, but I am sure others want it, so that will make my trade proposal fair". But it won't. It never does.

4) You did give up Dubi, but most trade proposals are similar to that: you give up one assets for several others who are much more valuable.

And again, you are giving up more or less spare parts. We have Gomez and Drury on top 2 lines. Betts is on the 4th line. And the 3rd line can be held up by Korps or later Anisimov. So Dubi becomes expandable.


So just as 99% of the other trade proposals, yours is God awful.
thank you for the enlightening information

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 04:58 AM
  #30
Entrancemperium
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Typical trade except you included Dubi.

1) There's always Prucha. Always. Never mind that Sather couldn't get a 7th rounder for him. If you just put down a name, it looks like you are giving up something, so there!

2) As usual, there's an overpaid player who's underperforming - Redden. Never mind that every other team decided that at his present salary, he's not worth taking for free (or else they'd have extended him the offer). Why consider this?! We'll just write his name. And we'll also say that he's a good defenseman. And then just pretend that nobody except you realizes that he's so overpaid, he's not worth anything. Again, if no other team wanted to pay him his present salary in order to get him for free, what makes you think people will give up assets for him?

3) Then we have a second round pick. The quickest way to know that the trade will be awful is to look for a second rounder.

When a person offers it, it's only because he is thinking to himself, "what I just proposed isn't enough." But instead of giving up something useful, he think, "a second rounder is a good asset. I don't mind losing it, but I am sure others want it, so that will make my trade proposal fair". But it won't. It never does.

4) You did give up Dubi, but most trade proposals are similar to that: you give up one assets for several others who are much more valuable.

And again, you are giving up more or less spare parts. We have Gomez and Drury on top 2 lines. Betts is on the 4th line. And the 3rd line can be held up by Korps or later Anisimov. So Dubi becomes expandable.


So just as 99% of the other trade proposals, yours is God awful.
Most of what you say is true yes, but I firmly believe that if you stick Gomez with Nash wyou'll get fireworks hence getting maybe Filatov for Gomez ain't that crazy of an idea for Columbus, it's more the rangers who are taking a chance on an unproven player

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 07:42 AM
  #31
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,553
vCash: 500
The Rangers and Columbus already made their trade.The Rangers loved Zherdev since his draft year.New GM in Columbus looking to make changes.Trade done.

If the Rangers look to create cap space in the summer,Columbus is one of the teams to target.They need a center and had significant interest in Wade Redden last summer.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 08:41 AM
  #32
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers and Columbus already made their trade.The Rangers loved Zherdev since his draft year.New GM in Columbus looking to make changes.Trade done.

If the Rangers look to create cap space in the summer,Columbus is one of the teams to target.They need a center and had significant interest in Wade Redden last summer.
I was thinking in this general direction as well. But I got to know it was "god awful". Whatever...

Add Dawes into this deal as well then. + substitute/or add a conditional 1st 2010 maybe. I am sure that one of Prucha/Dawes would start contributing nicely for another team outside this "funk" they are apparently trapped in here in NYC.

Redden = Commodore (disregarding the salary dump which we take back with Modin)
Dawes + Prucha > Modin (he is a risky player but with a short deal - as he has been injured quite a lot and not put up so many points - but might mesh well with Drury/Cally - I could imagine - on a 2nd line as a pure sniper)
Dubinsky + 2nd might get ?? Filatov (gives them a nr 2 center pronto - but we probably need to add some sweetener, maybe a first 2010? conditioned with that Dubinsky resigns there)

Näslund - Gomer - Zherdev
Modin - Drury - Cally
Korpedo - AA - Sjöström
Voros/Fritsche - Betts - Orr

Hell - we could even sign Shanny for cheap then if Sather wants to have another old guy around. But this would also be going for a instant "replacement" for AC (it hurts to write this) in Filatov to fill up the top 2 lines when Näslund (and probably Modin) leave in 2010 - or 2009 already. This would offer other cap possibilities in the offseason as well.
As most have stated, Drurys + Gomez contracts are basically unmoveable as is today. So we need to find parts around them. This would enable the 3rd line to be a project kid line, sort of a mini rebuild. Losing Dubinsky is a serious blow, but does not AA have a slightly higher possible upside? Add Filatov and I presume our (around) 20th overall pick in this draft or next years is somewhat expendable.

The positive cap implications of trading Commodore for Redden would imo really be useful at this given point.

Rozie - Staal
Commodore - Girardi
Mara - Potter

Kalinin (could maybe be dealt/waived at the deadline)

would not be a downgrade on D. Both short and long term. We have solid D prospects in MDZ, Sauer and Bobby Sangs on the way up as well. At least one of them should have a good possibility of becoming an NHL:er in 2009 or at least 2010.

Cap implications

Subtract contracts

W Redden 6,500 (signed through 2013/2014) 31 yo
B Dubinsky 633 (RFA 2009/2010) 22 yo
P Prucha 1,600 (RFA 2009/2010) 26 yo
N Dawes 588 (RFA 2009/2010) 23 yo
2nd round pick 2009
1st round (conditional) pick 2010
Total subtracted 9,323

Add
M Commodore 3,750 (signed through 2012/2013) 29 yo
F Modin 3,250 (signed through 2009/2010) 34 yo
(N Filatov) (2.225) 18 yo
TOTAL - 7,000

This would allow for Anisimov to come up and play (with the available space we have now), an eventual resigning of Shanny for cheap, perhaps bringing up Filatov after the deadline and maybe adding something useful there at the deadline (by maybe waiving/demoting/trading? Fritsche and/or Kalinin then - but I doubt there are takers in a trade...) if we are still within reach of a playoff position. Which we very well might not be if things continue like last night in particular - and the past 2 months in general. Imo not a bad way to deal with some real serious issues. I´m sure there are other ways as well. Btw - I have no idea what NHL 2009 is.
Oops - forgot..."God awful". Should we be saying this on his Sons birthday?


Last edited by BBKers: 12-24-2008 at 08:50 AM.
BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 08:43 AM
  #33
Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,946
vCash: 500
Howson is so poor at his job that anyone can outsmart him. He is the original "crapologist". He has accumulated a roster comprised of cheap AHL players and pans them off as "Hitch" type players. Most couldn't score a goal if their life depended on it.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:14 AM
  #34
FromDubiToZherdev*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
What's with the sudden Dubinsky hate on these boards? He is having a slump. Let him be.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 12:05 PM
  #35
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,360
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
with brassard out for the season.....is there anything we could want from them. I don't believe that chimera, Nash or Klesla are available but what could we get for Korpo/Prucha or Dawes package?
Why do they want any of these guys? Why do you want to give up Korpeedo or Dawes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
What's with the sudden Dubinsky hate on these boards? He is having a slump. Let him be.
Because on this board it's all about what the most recent (short)stat sheet is and nothing about what a player truly brings. It's the same reason why people are trashing on Eric Staal. I can't wait until they start trashing VL.


Last edited by vipernsx: 12-24-2008 at 03:22 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.