HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros Done For The Year

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 11:06 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Lindros Done For The Year

Lindros Done For The Year Something must be up.

Old
03-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Barnaby

You have to be kidding...

Old
03-04-2004, 11:12 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
You have to be kidding...

Well I dont know what to say, well at least our other vets did not get hurt, Sather better trade them quick cause if they get hurt, then we are stuck with them.

Old
03-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Barnaby

Trade prediction: Malakhov to NJ for a 3rd

Lindros continues to be one of the biggest disasters in NYR history.... right behind Sather

Old
03-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Shadowtron

Please PM me the article. For some reason I can't access the site. the page keeps turning into an amazon.com advertisement link.

Old
03-04-2004, 11:18 PM
in the hall

i think this kind of injury requires surgery... hopefully this lowers his bargaining power when the rangers try to resign him....

Old
03-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
i think this kind of injury requires surgery... hopefully this lowers his bargaining power when the rangers try to resign him....
LoL, I hope that is sarcastic.... I dont want this guy anywheres near our prized prospects.

Old
03-05-2004, 09:41 AM
in the hall

Quote:
LoL, I hope that is sarcastic.... I dont want this guy anywheres near our prized prospects.
why is that?

Old
03-05-2004, 12:51 PM
BiLLY

The biggest disaster in NY Rangers history? Didn't this deal basicly shake out as Kim Johnsson for Lindros? Not exactly a disaster.

You don't want him near your prospects? Why? This is a guy who obviously loves to play the game MORE than money or perhaps even his health. From all accounts he is very respected inside the Rangers locker room. I don't get all of the animosity toward Lindros sometimes other than that he is linked to Sather.

Old
03-05-2004, 01:01 PM
anonymous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY
The biggest disaster in NY Rangers history? Didn't this deal basicly shake out as Kim Johnsson for Lindros? Not exactly a disaster.

You don't want him near your prospects? Why? This is a guy who obviously loves to play the game MORE than money or perhaps even his health. From all accounts he is very respected inside the Rangers locker room. I don't get all of the animosity toward Lindros sometimes other than that he is linked to Sather.
Well, Johnsson, Brashear, and Kapanen really. Either way, I'd still take Johnsson for Lindros. Any reports of respect should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not saying he isn't respected, just don't believe everything you hear about his behind the scene dealings.

Old
03-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Slewfoot

Quote:

'prized prospects' ???

Old
03-05-2004, 02:34 PM
BiLLY

What Philly ended up turning Brendl plus into is immaterial, the Rangers did not give Johnsson AND Brashear and Kapanen. Those are deals they won with other clubs.

Let's assume Lindros is at least a LITTLE respected. Why would you not want a guy around your prospects with that kind of love for the game? Especially in this day and age of athletes who put money first and foremost.

Old
03-05-2004, 02:36 PM
charliemurphy

Lindros is going to play and be packaged with someone else and be dealt by the deadline.

Old
03-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY
What Philly ended up turning Brendl plus into is immaterial, the Rangers did not give Johnsson AND Brashear and Kapanen. Those are deals they won with other clubs.

Let's assume Lindros is at least a LITTLE respected. Why would you not want a guy around your prospects with that kind of love for the game? Especially in this day and age of athletes who put money first and foremost.
seriously what is the point? you're gonna regulat moore or lundmark down in icetime for the sake of playing a guy whose got nowhere to go put to the hospital.

personally i'd rather watch a rookie and be "surprised" maybe, rather than watching lindros and waiting for the other shoe to drop (along with lindros himself).

the time has come to rebuild. we're already stuck with jagr and holik. lets get these kids out there, see what they've got and build as much as possible through the draft.

Eric lindros wont be on the ice long enough for the kids to learn anything of value and i'm not really crazy about spending several million dollars to sign an "Example of why you should keep your head up".

Old
03-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
'prized prospects' ???

We have some decent guys now and with a top pick this year we will add at least another big time guy. I dont see the point in signing Lindros.... not to mention I doubt he signs here anyway. He'll probably sign with DET or Tor so he gets a chance to win at least.

Old
03-05-2004, 03:07 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Sportsnet is a garbage web site. Last week they reported Brian Rafalski broke his leg and would be out 4 to 6 weeks. Two days ago he had 3 assists.

As for the Malakhov deal..

Malakhov to New Jersey for a 3rd?? no deal

Malakhov to New Jersey for Jiri Bicek and a 5th rounder??

Closed Thread