HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

mtl-cgy

Old
12-24-2008, 10:06 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
my point was more that Hamrlik's contract helped set the bar... you can't say Sarich is overpaid at 3.6 per and not complain about these other contracts as well. I was fortunate enough to watch Hamrlik play for the 2 season prior to him joining the Habs and he is a solid #2/3 defenseman... he brings some of every element to the table...

because Sarich was bascilly signed to fill the void left by Hamrlik its just the easiest comparison for me to make... Hamrlik is better offensively, at skating and moving the puck... while Sarich is slightly better defensively and makes a bigger physical impact... while there are differences and Hamrlik brings more to the table I think it is more than fair to say Hamrlik is not $1.9 million better than Sarich... for me if I were a GM i wouldn't pay more than $1 million extra to land Hamrlik over Sarich... I guess more than anything I am tired of people including Sarich in proposals just to have the others to say he is overpaid
That's a fair complaint. In the games I've seen thus far this season Sarich has been a steady presence on the blueline, hardly overpaid for what he brings to the table.

12-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
my point was more that Hamrlik's contract helped set the bar... you can't say Sarich is overpaid at 3.6 per and not complain about these other contracts as well. I was fortunate enough to watch Hamrlik play for the 2 season prior to him joining the Habs and he is a solid #2/3 defenseman... he brings some of every element to the table...

because Sarich was bascilly signed to fill the void left by Hamrlik its just the easiest comparison for me to make... Hamrlik is better offensively, at skating and moving the puck... while Sarich is slightly better defensively and makes a bigger physical impact... while there are differences and Hamrlik brings more to the table I think it is more than fair to say Hamrlik is not $1.9 million better than Sarich... for me if I were a GM i wouldn't pay more than $1 million extra to land Hamrlik over Sarich... I guess more than anything I am tired of people including Sarich in proposals just to have the others to say he is overpaid
He is overpaid. So is Hammer. Hammer should only make 4 mill and Sarich should only make 2-2.5 mill. Commodore sucks ass and he's a terrible defenseman and been one pretty much his enitre career.

Jeff Finger pops out of nowhere and dumb ass Fletcher pays him that much.

Volchenkov should probably make more than 2.5. The prices are skewed, because of the caps continuation in inclining.

Besides, Montreal needs a defenceman with offensive capabilities.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:06 PM
MaKi

Sarich is an awesome d-man and I would be happy if the habs got him, but I don't think he's what they're looking for.
I think they're looking for a more offesnive dman to pair with hamrlik, even though hamrlik has a little offesnive upside to his game himself.
Saying Lombardi is a speedy player and Kostitsyn is a plug is laughable.
The 26 year old who still hasn't managed to put hands to his speed and have the breakout year we've all been waiting for is much more a plug than a 21 year old sophmore who managed 27pts in 52 games his rookie year.
Not to mention Kostitsyn already has more points than Lombardi this season.
Weber has the bomb from the point that the Habs are having a hard time replacing so far this season, so I doubt they trade him anyways.

All in all, and im trying to give a non homer view, I have to say:
Yes please to Cory Sarich.
Good luck with Lombardi
Sergei Kostitsyn a plug? lol sure
Weber, we'll keep him.
And 2nd rounder is pointless because S.Kost wont be traded, and either will Sarich, end of story.

MaKi is offline   Reply With Quote