HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester and Horton to Montreal

Old
12-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Rattrick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I love the trades people come up with.

Hey Penguins, how about this:

Zednik, Kreps, Stewart, Matthias, 1st, 2nd, Conditional 3rd, 4th and 6th for Crosby

I mean come one, we're offering 9 pieces (6 of which pretty much suck) for your one!

Whoever said Markov would have to come to Florida is dead on right. If you want Bouwmeester and Horton, it starts with Markov and add something else to it.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 10:36 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
Florida is playing well, but it hasn't been long enough that I'd consider it a turn around rather than a hot streak. That first alone could be better than both Kostitsyns. I don't see the risk being worth it at this point.
Draft picks overrated much?

12-24-2008, 10:38 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post

Zednik, Kreps, Stewart, Matthias, 1st, 2nd, Conditional 3rd, 4th and 6th for Crosby

I mean come one, we're offering 9 pieces (6 of which pretty much suck) for your one!

Whoever said Markov would have to come to Florida is dead on right. If you want Bouwmeester and Horton, it starts with Markov and add something else to it.
The package offered is more than good enough for Bouwmeester, an impending UFA, and said offer blows away what Atlanta got for Hossa last year. It's not enough to include Horton as well, but certainly not as far off as is being suggested.

And frankly, given the contract situations and respective production levels, Montreal would be stupid to offer Markov alone for Bouwmeester and Horton. Over the next 2 seasons Markov will likely be getting paid 2/3 of Bouwmeester -- a marginal improvement, giving the benefit of the doubt -- who's no lock to sign in Montreal long-term.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 10:56 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Here is my proposal :

Bouwmeester and Horton
for
Higgins, Plekanek, McDonaugh and a 1st

I've been thinking about it and I'm wondering what fans from both teams think. I think it could help both teams, but what would I need to add or take out ?
This is horrible.

You're really overrating those MTL guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Horton is on pace for 35 whole points and Bouwmeester is on pace for 45............these guys are just lighting it up!!!

I don't know what Florida fans are thinking they will get for these guys, but with Horton making $4M and producing close to diddly and Bouwmeester not exactly the #1 D-man offensively and a pending UFA, I think the package that Florida does get will surprise many......

And some can argue about potential and all that, well the same argument can be applied to the players from Montreal.........Plecanec is potentially a 70 point center, Higgins is potenitally a 35 goal man, McDonaugh is potentially a #1 D-man.........

My offer from Montreal...

To MTL: Horton, 1st rd pick
To FLA: A.Kostitsyn, S.Kostitsyn
No.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
The package offered is more than good enough for Bouwmeester, an impending UFA, and said offer blows away what Atlanta got for Hossa last year. It's not enough to include Horton as well, but certainly not as far off as is being suggested.

And frankly, given the contract situations and respective production levels, Montreal would be stupid to offer Markov alone for Bouwmeester and Horton. Over the next 2 seasons Markov will likely be getting paid 2/3 of Bouwmeester -- a marginal improvement, giving the benefit of the doubt -- who's no lock to sign in Montreal long-term.
I agree that the package would be plenty for Bouwmeester, but to add Horton is nothing short of retarded.

Bouwmeester and Horton at say a combined 10.5 million is greater than Markov alone at 5.75 IMO, but that's certainly just a matter of opinion.

Horton is pretty much always going to be a 60 point guy with the potential to be an 80 point guy. Go look at guys like Hartnell at 4.2 and Lupul at 4.25 and Horton's contract isn't bad at all.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:07 AM
SufferingCatFan

This is an unrealistic proposal.

The Cats have turned their season around, despite injuries, and have a genuine chance to make the playoffs and, even dare I say it, resign J-Bo. There is no way, under these circumstances, that they now trade their top scoring forward and best D-man, especially for the package being offered where Higgins is the centerpiece

The Habs are currently not playing as well as hoped. They have a ton of UFAs at the end of the season and need to keep their lower priced talent and prospects in order to manage the cap.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:14 AM
duncanmac12

Quote:
Here is my proposal :

Bouwmeester and Horton
for
Higgins, Plekanek(Plekanec), McDonaugh and a 1st

I've been thinking about it and I'm wondering what fans from both teams think. I think it could help both teams, but what would I need to add or take out ?
my only question mark one this is can Horton play center cause if he cant i'd say make the trade this(so Horton can play with Plekanec):

Bouwmeester, Horton
for
Higgins, Lang, McDonaugh, G. Latendresse, Pavel Valentenko

duncanmac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:38 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanmac12 View Post
my only question mark one this is can Horton play center cause if he cant i'd say make the trade this(so Horton can play with Plekanec):

Bouwmeester, Horton
for
Higgins, Lang, McDonaugh, G. Latendresse, Pavel Valentenko
I am sure you would...

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsKing View Post
Florida fans calling mtl fans homers is like a sumo wrestler saying they're athletic. Anyways who do you think horton is? Crosby?
NO Florida fan called Montrealers anything, noob. Nio Florida fans responded before your post, which makes no sense at all anyway.

Not nearly enough for both.

12-24-2008, 11:50 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I agree that the package would be plenty for Bouwmeester, but to add Horton is nothing short of retarded.

Bouwmeester and Horton at say a combined 10.5 million is greater than Markov alone at 5.75 IMO, but that's certainly just a matter of opinion.

Horton is pretty much always going to be a 60 point guy with the potential to be an 80 point guy. Go look at guys like Hartnell at 4.2 and Lupul at 4.25 and Horton's contract isn't bad at all.
Nice!

I totally expected to be flamed. This is HF, after all.

Just wanted to say I liked your post, though I disagree with saying Horton will "always"be a 60-80 point forward (I just hate using that term, or projecting the future), I don't think your assessment of his talent is that far off.

It's definitely a matter of opinion when it comes to players. I am not really a Bouwmeester fan, I find his icetime tends to skew what people think of him. It's hard to find a happy medium in proposals that involve the more talented players on a team.

Old
12-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Nice!

Just wanted to say I liked your post, though I disagree with saying Horton will "always"be a 60-80 point forward (I just hate using that term, or projecting the future), I don't think your assessment of his talent is that far off.

It's definitely a matter of opinion when it comes to players. I am not really a Bouwmeester fan, I find his icetime tends to skew what people think of him. It's hard to find a happy medium in proposals that involve the more talented players on a team.
Don't understand that statement at all, why post here if you really feel that way?

Your post was pretty right anyway, I saw no reason why you would get flamed.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Nice!

He's scored 60 each of the past two years. I said he COULD become an 80 point guy.

Old
12-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Did I miss how we would fit both Bouwmeester and Horton under the cap?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
Florida is playing well, but it hasn't been long enough that I'd consider it a turn around rather than a hot streak. That first alone could be better than both Kostitsyns. I don't see the risk being worth it at this point.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL. OMG THANKS FOR MAKING MY NIGHT COMPLETE.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 06:27 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Here is my proposal :

Bouwmeester and Horton
for
Higgins, Plekanek, McDonaugh and a 1st

I actually don't think it's that bad, considering Bouwmeester's contract status. Add a conditional pick, and perhaps something else, and the value is closer, IMO, than people are freaking out about. I'm not sure if it's the right fit, though. I don't really pay attention to Florida.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Crimson Devil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
I don't think so

Bouwmeester can barely support the media pressure in Florida LOL

imagine what it would be in Montreal

Bouwmeester is scared of cameras and fears the microphones

Florida is actually the best place for him to play...as long as there's a winning team there
He'll find a warm home in New Jersey, then.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 09:50 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusious View Post
He'll find a warm home in New Jersey, then.
Because hockey gets no attention

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Horton is on pace for 35 whole points and Bouwmeester is on pace for 45............these guys are just lighting it up!!!
You do realize that's very good for a defenseman?

Komisarek + D'Agostini is fair enough that neither fanbase will like it.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 10:00 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Just to clarify, Horton, having and off year and playing at center, not his natural position was actually on pace for about 48 points, not the 35 someone threw around before.

Horton is usually a lock for 60, but nothing more so far in his career. He frustrates me every year I take him in the hockey pool.

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 10:16 PM
TheGoalJudge

Same thing happens with every player. Someone makes an offer for them, the entire other fanbase shoots it down no matter what. Then the player gets traded for something much worse. And if any fans should know this..

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 10:37 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
Same thing happens with every player. Someone makes an offer for them, the entire other fanbase shoots it down no matter what. Then the player gets traded for something much worse. And if any fans should know this..
I lol'd. Nice.

Old
12-24-2008, 10:38 PM
AK

Quote:

You'd have to let us throw in Malkin, or else I wouldn't even consider that.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:

I don't know what Florida fans are thinking they will get for these guys, but with Horton making $4M and producing close to diddly and Bouwmeester not exactly the #1 D-man offensively and a pending UFA, I think the package that Florida does get will surprise many......

And some can argue about potential and all that, well the same argument can be applied to the players from Montreal.........Plecanec is potentially a 70 point center, Higgins is potenitally a 35 goal man, McDonaugh is potentially a #1 D-man.........

My offer from Montreal...

To MTL: Horton, 1st rd pick
To FLA: A.Kostitsyn, S.Kostitsyn

Okay,talking about Horton is one thing,because we Panther fans are disapointed with his play,but Bo not being a #1 deman offensively? Really?? He leads the team in points! He is on a points streak! 2nd in NHL with ice time, I mean what else do you want from the guy? Is he a fighter?NO,or a huge checker? NO, but that doesn't make him a bad player. I honestly would love for the Panthers to re-sign Bo and trade Horton because I think we could get enough offensive talent from that trade and have a great team!

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 11:32 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
You'd have to let us throw in Malkin, or else I wouldn't even consider that.
Nobody's going to take his gigantic contract. You'd have to add two firsts and Staal.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Most would say that Bouw is the best defenseman on Florida. If he's flipped to Montreal, you should expect a top defenseman coming the other way. Florida is breaking out of their building phase and doesn't need all solid prospects (e.g. McDonaugh; although Patrioretty is unbelievable!) as much as they need players that are really coming along nicely (e.g. Komisarek). I think it's a safe bet that any trade between those two for Bouw should include Komisarek going to Florida.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote