Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2010 Olympic team

Old
03-17-2008, 04:01 PM
cska78

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
I dunno what you people are talking about....Canada anywhere, and at home especially is a favorite by a landslide. We can't even dream off having so much talent as them...Our d and our g's are suspect, and our big guns don't shoot when it matters. I hope we get silver/bronze, but with US up'n'coming and playing almost at home, swedes a perrenial Olympics overachiever I don't see an easy path to the medal.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Dima87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I dunno what you people are talking about....Canada anywhere, and at home especially is a favorite by a landslide. We can't even dream off having so much talent as them...Our d and our g's are suspect, and our big guns don't shoot when it matters. I hope we get silver/bronze, but with US up'n'coming and playing almost at home, swedes a perrenial Olympics overachiever I don't see an easy path to the medal.

We have and always will be better than them. Where does this idea of Canada being a favourite by a landslide come from? Seriously. We've always had better talent, what was the last time Canada beat us with skill instead of intimidation?

I'm tired of this new attitude Russian hockey fans have developed.

We're the best, and we'll always be the best...period.

Dima87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Kostik20

Quote:
Must be the mot ridiculis post on here i have read in a while.

Kostik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Kostik20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dima87 View Post

We have and always will be better than them. Where does this idea of Canada being a favourite by a landslide come from? Seriously. We've always had better talent, what was the last time Canada beat us with skill instead of intimidation?

I'm tired of this new attitude Russian hockey fans have developed.

We're the best, and we'll always be the best...period.

Coulnt agree more with you Dima87. Cant wait till 2010 for us to prove it, so all the non believers can finaly stop all the BS

Kostik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Pushkin*

Csk78 once again talking nonsense!!! Yeah Canada favorite by a landslide...The same team that lost 2-0 to Swiss 2-0 to Finland and 2-0 to Russia... They have one medal in 3 olympics WOW !!! USA hockey is dead right now they went 1W 5L in Torino and now they have one guy in top 30 nhl scoring...We have 4 in top 8...

Torino= Canada 7th Usa 8th

The only place where Canada is better is in depth but that's logical since they have about 600 000 hockey players and Russia 75 000...But this isn't about building 5 teams it's about building one team and in that Canada have sucked a lot lately. One medal in 3 Olympics thanks to Belarus beating Sweden...

In the 3 Olympics Russia was in the final four the only team who did that.

We will finally have great goaltending we have 2 of the 3 best D in nhl now and well up front it's gonna be Lemieux-Gretzky X2.

Russia Sweden Canada Finland Slovakia Czech Belarus USA the top 8 in Vancouver.

Pushkin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Pushkin*

The ONLY time Team Usa is to be taken seriously in Olympics it's when it's played in their country. 1960-1980-2002 wondery why... Apart from that they suck big time.And for people with no memory Vancouver isn't a second home for the americans.They got booed out of the rink in the JR 1/2 Russia5 Usa1 in 2006... When your top player is Scott Gomez #27 or so in nhl scoring that's nothing to get worried about. They suck at every World Championships(well never had one at home) and at every Olympics outside just like 98 and 2006... Their 2010 would be decent for a World Championship maybe but for the Olympics I won't be surprise if the only team they beat is Kazakhstan again!!!

Old
03-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Pushkin*

3 Keys to Russian Victory= Decent Refs Good Goalie Good Coach if we have that it will be like Holland Total Football team of 1974 but unlike them no fall at the final hurdle ! This will be another 198-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushkin View Post
Csk78 once again talking nonsense!!! Yeah Canada favorite by a landslide...The same team that lost 2-0 to Swiss 2-0 to Finland and 2-0 to Russia... They have one medal in 3 olympics WOW !!! USA hockey is dead right now they went 1W 5L in Torino and now they have one guy in top 30 nhl scoring...We have 4 in top 8...

Torino= Canada 7th Usa 8th

The only place where Canada is better is in depth but that's logical since they have about 600 000 hockey players and Russia 75 000...But this isn't about building 5 teams it's about building one team and in that Canada have sucked a lot lately. One medal in 3 Olympics thanks to Belarus beating Sweden...

In the 3 Olympics Russia was in the final four the only team who did that.

We will finally have great goaltending we have 2 of the 3 best D in nhl now and well up front it's gonna be Lemieux-Gretzky X2.

Russia Sweden Canada Finland Slovakia Czech Belarus USA the top 8 in Vancouver.
2 of the best 3 defensmen? Lidstrom, Niedermayer, Pronger, Chara, Phaneuf and Bouwmeester are not Russian.

Jason MacIsaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
2 of the best 3 defensmen? Lidstrom, Niedermayer, Pronger, Chara, Phaneuf and Bouwmeester are not Russian.
Lidstriev, Niederov, Prongov, Charov, Phaeufsky, and Boewmeesterievovich

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Pushkin*

Lidstrom Gonchar Markov www.nhl.com for the stats. Bouwmeester???? This guy is a major flop please watch some games. Pronger would be suspended for life in an intelligent league and we saw how nad he was in Torino... Nidermayer won't be there in 2010. Chara and Phaneuf I have them in top 5 though. Since you're not a Russian fan go to a Canada Forum and join in the discussion about Crosby and Staal beeing left out for Draper and Bertuzzi. I've heard something like this will happen again in 2010 and that will be your excuses..."We can send 3-4 teams and win but oh wait with our best we finished 7th well we must have chosen the wrong players we can't lose to Swiss can we" Yes you can and your Luongo doesn't scare us we've already beaten him before for Gold !

Old
03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Pushkin*

Rattlehead who is your national team doing? I understand where you are there's not much hockey so I understand why you don't know hockey...

Old
03-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Pushkin*

Yashin on fire for Yaroslavl!!! Could we have a line with our heroes of 98??? Yashin-Fedorov-Morozov in Quebec City why not !!!

Old
03-17-2008, 10:16 PM
MaxV

Take it from a Pens fan, Gonchar is a good offensive-minded D-man, but he's not reliable enough on D to be a top 5.

Markov, on the other hand, is among the best.

Overall, our D-men aren't as good as Canada's, but our forwards are just as good, if not better.

I expect our goaltending to be good.

I think we have the talent to beat ANYBODY, but in these tournaments anything can happen.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
Rattlehead who is your national team doing? I understand where you are there's not much hockey so I understand why you don't know hockey...
The flag in my profile is for the Kovalchuk Army, not Vietnam

but anyways....just because gonch' and markov are the top offensively doesn't mean russia has 2 of the 3 best defenders in the league. to think so is assinine.

we'd have a badass powerplay but even-strength and PK are far more important to securing gold.

Quote:
Yashin on fire for Yaroslavl!!! Could we have a line with our heroes of 98??? Yashin-Fedorov-Morozov in Quebec City why not !!!
did he do well today? my feed crapped out after the 1st period

Last edited by Metallian*: 03-17-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old
03-18-2008, 07:07 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
some of you guys drink way too much homer cool-aid. When I see our team being able to play as a team, we will talk. Canadian D is great, they got best goalies in the world, they will be playing at home, they gonna get ref's help if needed, and we gonna counter that with inconsistent goalie and Grebeshkov and the likes on D? I hope it will work.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Pushkin*

Inconsistant goalies. Do you talk about Nabokov who has the most wins this year??? Actually if you watch the +- Gonchar is + and Markov is - but I know this isn't telling much. Volchenkov and D.Markov are good defense no??? Grebeshkov please get serious this guy will never play at Olympics. We have Tyutin Atyushov and young guys like Valentenko maybe Emelin Nikulin maybe Zubov. Up front if were are not better then let's close this forum no point of discussing....

Lecavalier Thornton Heatley their top guys have been a disaster in Torino. Who's gonna be their leader Iginla ? Will they make Crosby captain? 2 years before it's too far to discuss this we never know what will happen. But I think we should agree than the Czechs will not be contender then ...

Playing at home in international competition( not WWF like fixed "Canada" cup) has + and - we've seen it many times in many sports.

I'm not sure this Canadian group will have the leaders to do it at home that easily. And the selection process will spark debates about that guy that guy.

Actually you may not find it that important but Russia winning the Worlds this year would do a world of good for the team.

Old
03-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Pushkin*

Finally for those who say we couldn't win with Grebeshkov playing...Well would be interested to know what those same persons said here before Russia dumped Canada out 2-0 with SERGEI ZHUKOV and Vitaly Vishnevsky playing a regular shift in that game.............................................. ..... In a one off game everything can happen look how Belarus beat Sweden how we beat the same Golden Swedes 5-0...The biggest problem with Olympics actually is the format. Too many irrelevant(nhl style format) games. The best format would be the world JR one. In this format every game matters. 2X5teams. 1A 1B = Semis 2vs3 3vs2 crossover = PERFECT FORMAT.

Please people let's enjoy the record breaking Russians in the nhl this year(2/2 in scoring 3/5 in scoring 4/8 in scoring 2/3 in scoring D Nabokov #1 in wins) the great RSL playoffs and the World Championship....

Old
03-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
Inconsistant goalies. Do you talk about Nabokov who has the most wins this year??? Actually if you watch the +- Gonchar is + and Markov is - but I know this isn't telling much. Volchenkov and D.Markov are good defense no??? Grebeshkov please get serious this guy will never play at Olympics. We have Tyutin Atyushov and young guys like Valentenko maybe Emelin Nikulin maybe Zubov. Up front if were are not better then let's close this forum no point of discussing....

Lecavalier Thornton Heatley their top guys have been a disaster in Torino. Who's gonna be their leader Iginla ? Will they make Crosby captain? 2 years before it's too far to discuss this we never know what will happen. But I think we should agree than the Czechs will not be contender then ...

volchenkov and markov are alright....but not good enough compared to the 3 pairings canada would roll out. look at the picks this year, i think ONE of doughty, pietrangelo, and schenn should be ready by then so you've got

Phaneuf - Pronger
Campbell - Redden
Green - Burns
x: Bouwmeester

that kills what we could roll out. outside of markov and volvechkov (and an older gonchar by then) what do we have? are we going to cross our fingers and hope viktor alexandrov is the next coming?

but for the sake of it:
Markov - Gonchar
Tyutin - Volchenkov
Grebeshkov - Kalinin
x: Vishnevsky

russian D absolutely lacks depth and unless some of the prospects out there turn it up bigtime in 2 years then we're in trouble

Quote:
some of you guys drink way too much homer cool-aid.
drinking it right from his big open head

Old
03-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Pushkin*

Well how come our suspect D blanked Canada in Turin then???

Redden my friend is finished everyone in Ottawa wants him out. Please put Philips there instead to show some knowledge. Bouwmeester is their Viktor Kozlov of defence...Unlimited potential but never turned out great...Pronger will be suspended for life by that time. Campbell is not as good as Gonchar Markov in offense and worst in defense...The only duo that would sacre me is Phaneuf Niedermayer. Since Scott will be retired and Dion making is FIRST big apparition for Canada I'm not that concerned.

Gonchar Volchenkov
Markov Markov
Zubov Tyutin
Atyushov Valentenko very good actually nothing to be ashamed of.

Since it's in two years this thread is irrelevant. By then some guys could have come out of nowhere and some retired or their play fallen to new lows...Like Redden !

Finally with a decent coach we would play 6D and not 8D so not problem of depth there...And finally answer me please before Turin did you expect a defense with Sergei Zhukov playing regularly blanking Canada ????

Old
03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Pushkin*

Redden my friend is finished everyone in Ottawa wants him out. Please put Philips there instead to show some knowledge. Bouwmeester is their Viktor Kozlov of defence...Unlimited potential but never turned out great...Pronger will be suspended for life by that time. Campbell is not as good as Gonchar Markov in offense and worst in defense...The only duo that would scare me is Phaneuf Niedermayer. Since Scott will be retired and Dion making is FIRST big apparition for Canada I'm not that concerned.

Gonchar Volchenkov
Markov Markov
Zubov Tyutin

Since it's in two years this thread is irrelevant. By then some guys could have come out of nowhere and some retired or their play fallen to new lows...Like Redden !

Finally with a decent coach we would play 6D and not 8D so no problem of depth there...And finally answer me please before Turin did you expect a defense with Sergei Zhukov playing regularly blanking Canada ????

Old
03-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
who cares? we're talking about next olympics. canada's offense was flat in torino anyway and was poorly coached. they wont waste their talent again next time.

Quote:
Redden my friend is finished everyone in Ottawa wants him out. Please put Philips there instead to show some knowledge. Bouwmeester is their Viktor Kozlov of defence...Unlimited potential but never turned out great...Pronger will be suspended for life by that time. Campbell is not as good as Gonchar Markov in offense and worst in defense...The only duo that would sacre me is Phaneuf Niedermayer. Since Scott will be retired and Dion making is FIRST big apparition for Canada I'm not that concerned.
Redden is far from finished. He may not be a norris candidate at this point in time but he's still better than most of what we have.

ive been one to call bouwmeester "blow-meester" at times but cummon now, you're not given him enough credit. hes another that would easily make our top pairing on D.

pronger suspended? quit making up rubbish and stick to reality

oh, and campbell >>> gonchar by 2010

Old
03-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
Gonchar Volchenkov
Markov Markov
Zubov Tyutin
volchenkov is good but would be hard pressed to make canada's D at all. as our top pairing guy im worried.

danny markov?!

zubov will be retired by then, tyutin is good as well but nothing great.

now relying on atyu and volentenko? yet you knock Phaneuf for not having international experience??

Old
03-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Dima87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
who cares? we're talking about next olympics. canada's offense was flat in torino anyway and was poorly coached. they wont waste their talent again next time.

Redden is far from finished. He may not be a norris candidate at this point in time but he's still better than most of what we have.

ive been one to call bouwmeester "blow-meester" at times but cummon now, you're not given him enough credit. hes another that would easily make our top pairing on D.

pronger suspended? quit making up rubbish and stick to reality

oh, and campbell >>> gonchar by 2010
When is Canada's offense not flat? They always play poorly and manage to win somehow. Bad coaching? That's their excuse? Yea I forgot, Russia has the best coaches in the world.

Dima87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Pushkin*

Since you don't know nhl hockey right now. In Ottawa the top pair is Volchenkov-Philips. Oh yeah Zubov at 39 couldn't play and Chelios can at 46??? Atyushov-Valentenko = 4th pair. Pronger always sucked at Olympics just look at the games please. Bouwmeester doesn't have enough points for an offensive D man who plays the full 2min. PP it's simple and defensively he doesn't use his size. Yeah Canada was badly coached in 2006 then you sure make my point that 2002 Belarus give them the Gold because they had the same coaching...

You are clueless about nhl players right now and it shows. We blanked them in 2006 and in 2010 it's gonna be no different.

Old
03-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
Oh yeah Zubov at 39 couldn't play and Chelios can at 46???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I believe Zubov said he will not play for Russia.

Not even going to respond to the rest, you have no idea what you're talking about. The fact that you're pumping Danny Markov and bashing Pronger says enough.