HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

Spitfires to change logo?

Old
09-19-2008, 08:49 PM
nosl

vCash: 500
Spitfires to change logo?

I was listening to an OHL game between the Sault & Guelph. The second intermission had an interview with Bob Boughner of Windsor saying that the club was replacing the team's logo in a few weeks.

Why?

The logo is a classic. Hopefully this one doesn't become another cartoonish logo like so many other teams... (the Ottawa Puck, the Belleville Bull on steroids, the Sault Scooby-Doo Greyhound....).

Some teams need to understand that messing with "tradition" should be a no-no. Sudbury understands this & has kept their classic logo intact (aside from a few colour alterations - referencing the green & gold). The Sault learned & made the switch back to the classic Hound logo.

nosl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 12:50 PM
The Goaltending Guru

Send a message via AIM to The Goaltending Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosl View Post
I was listening to an OHL game between the Sault & Guelph. The second intermission had an interview with Bob Boughner of Windsor saying that the club was replacing the team's logo in a few weeks.

Why?

The logo is a classic. Hopefully this one doesn't become another cartoonish logo like so many other teams... (the Ottawa Puck, the Belleville Bull on steroids, the Sault Scooby-Doo Greyhound....).

Some teams need to understand that messing with "tradition" should be a no-no. Sudbury understands this & has kept their classic logo intact (aside from a few colour alterations - referencing the green & gold). The Sault learned & made the switch back to the classic Hound logo.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope there is some way that this is a joke or not true! I LOVE their current logo! Great, another team just about half an hour away changed their team name and logo this week and if Windsor totally changes to a new logo, that will make two jerseys in my closet that will have become obsolete within a month. Can anyone else confirm this?

The Goaltending Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 01:12 PM
nosl

Listen to it here.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/m...&sub=9&id=2718

It's archived here. He mentions it at the 5:30 mark.

nosl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Top Shelfer
Bingo Bango!

I am a Spits fan and go to their games and yes it's true! They changed to a cartoonish looking Spits plane
They are still wearing there throwback sweaters though which is cool I think for the rest of this season in honor of "The Barn" I believe.
The new arena is very nice but it'll never be as fun as going to games at the old barn downtown. Kinda of a drive for this American to go to games now and even the walk from the parking lot is very long. ..had to park in Lear's lot for the game which is a hike to get to the door

Top Shelfer is offline   Reply With Quote