HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Drury's Post Game Reaction

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2008, 05:03 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
This is a stupid, stupid thread. There are plenty of things to complain about with this team, this is not one of them.

Old
12-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Bury Your Head

Personally, I thought Redden should have been named Captain, but that's just my opinion.

Old
12-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Balej20*

Captain Duck and Cover must go.

Old
12-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
Personally, I thought Redden should have been named Captain, but that's just my opinion.
That's the best joke I've heard this year!

Old
12-24-2008, 05:10 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
Nice try... but anybody who steps in that troll trap deserves to have their posting rights revoked.

Old
12-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
I looked it up, and Mark Messier never once cancelled Christmas for the Rangers after a poor performance, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Old
12-24-2008, 05:54 PM
shoothepuck

Like it or not, this is the team we have. Drury is what he is, and Renney won't change. As long as the team makes the playoffs management is happy with the product they put out there.

Old
12-24-2008, 06:42 PM
eco's bones

Truthfully I'm less interested in what Drury's teammates think of him as a player or as a captain than what the team does on the ice. We might not have a disfunctional locker room but we do have a disfunctional product to watch that against a lot of odds has done much better than expected--(operative words)>>so far. I don't see it lasting. Neither Gomez nor Drury are capable of filling the void left by the 37 year old Jagr. As someone recently mentioned we are a team made of mostly 2nd and 3rd liners and at least 4 of them are vastly overpaid for their ability. Yes Chris and Scott were brought in to fill holes--one reason making that possible was the discount deal we were getting for Jaromir but our team does not have a forward who truly strikes fear into the opposition like he did unless you want to make an exception for Colton Orr's ability to punish other goons. I don't like how we're depending so much on Henrik keeping us in every game or that we're winning so much in the shootout. This team has shown for the last couple months anyway that they cannot close the deal in regulation time and it's worrying. Drury's offense and play in general going back even to last year has been IMO less than inspirational. He seems unable to lead the team offensively in any significant way. He's not the only one--still he's just not doing it.

Old
12-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Judging by his answers, he knows EXACTLY how to handle these situations. Being an incessant whiner and complainer is not the way to go.
Agree 100%. Theatrics like yelling, breaking sticks and flipping out in the media work...in Hollywood hockey movies and Rec Leagues. Kids' stuff.

Not the NHL.

You want leaders who do not lose their head when times get tough.

Think a professional athlete is going to respect a captain, a teammate who flips out publicly, during a game or in the media?

And some fans may not want to read this but no player should have his holiday ruined by a bad game (one of 82) that occured nights prior. Drury is spot on and his comment does not mean he doesn't care or has a bad attitude. That's ridiculous. It means he possesses the proper, mature perspective.

I'll defer to NYR fans as to what's wrong on the ice with NYR. But I know that it's not superficial crap like Chris Drury's or Renney's demeanor, facial expressions or post-game quotes.

Old
12-24-2008, 07:34 PM
egelband

the rangers need a guy who can blast from the point and a fast scoring winger. the attitude and demeanor are not really too bad.

Old
12-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
the rangers need a guy who can blast from the point and a fast scoring winger. the attitude and demeanor are not really too bad.
They can't get them because of Redden and Drury's contracts. It's a Sather and co. problem of course. However, Sather has an extremely low profile. Redden, Drury, Gomez will bear the brunt of the criticism. Always happens when players sign contracts far in excess of their ability. They were fully aware of it before coming to N.Y.

Old
12-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Nick00

How about if he goes out on the ice and leads by example instead of disappearing for 10+ games at a time. Then no one would get on this 7 million dollar player's case. A highly overpaid, underachieving "captain", who on top of all that shows no frustration or urgency after a loss like the last one? It's an insult to everyone who's bought Ranger tickets this season, and fans have every right to be angry.

Old
12-24-2008, 09:20 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
out of all the things people who to complain about especially from last night ,its chris drury's interview reaction?

Old
12-24-2008, 10:11 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
out of all the things people who to complain about especially from last night ,its chris drury's interview reaction?
its not his fault he had 3 points yet the team still blew a 4-0 lead

Old
12-24-2008, 10:19 PM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
its not his fault he had 3 points yet the team still blew a 4-0 lead
thats another thing , he had 3 pts in the game yet he gets the public enemy #1 sticker but of course nobody goes after guys like dubinsky

oh he threw a hit there or he blocked that shot oh he has bums for teamates , excuse me? you wanna talk about linemates? were talking about chris freakin "hey tom lets juggle him with 2331231 linemates" drury here.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Captain Monglobster

Sure Drury had 3 pts but if I remember correctly he was out there for the tying and winning goals against.

I don't expect him to blow a gasket to the media when things go sour, but as a fan its getting old hearing the same old generic answers from Renney and Drury. Of course what happens in the locker room is any of our guesses, but I highly doubt that a player/coach could be Jekyll and Hyde with the Media and with his team.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:28 PM
FromTheSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
Sure Drury had 3 pts but if I remember correctly he was out there for the tying and winning goals against.

I don't expect him to blow a gasket to the media when things go sour, but as a fan its getting old hearing the same old generic answers from Renney and Drury. Of course what happens in the locker room is any of our guesses, but I highly doubt that a player/coach could be Jekyll and Hyde with the Media and with his team.
you can say he was "out there" for the tieing goal but it was CLEAR AS DAY dawes's fault for his "fancy" pass right to ovechkin.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
you can say he was "out there" for the tieing goal but it was CLEAR AS DAY dawes's fault for his "fancy" pass right to ovechkin.
It hit Drury's stick first.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:33 PM
FromTheSide

Quote:
It hit Drury's stick first.
But the pass should have never been attempted to begin with.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

It is confirmed, Santa has passed up Chris Drury's house..Drury certainly doesn't have to ruin his own Christmas, but apparently the fat bearded man and his reindeers took it out on him after hearing his latest interview...

Old
12-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
But the pass should have never been attempted to begin with.
I think it's easy to blame the younger player in this situation, but what if the pass was Drury to Dawes?

Old
12-24-2008, 11:42 PM
FromTheSide

Quote:
I think it's easy to blame the younger player in this situation, but what if the pass was Drury to Dawes?
i'm not taking into account who's younger or who's a veteran the point is HE made the initial pass when there were plenty of options.

if it was drury so be it i would be saying the same thing.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
i'm not taking into account who's younger or who's a veteran the point is HE made the initial pass when there were plenty of options.

if it was drury so be it i would be saying the same thing.
I wasn't calling you out for discriminating against a younger player, but in general its easier for us to put the blame on an inexperienced player as opposed to a veteran.

The bottom line for me is that Ovechkin put the Caps on his back almost literally, and won the game, and Drury did nothing to stop his team from collapsing.

Old
12-24-2008, 11:49 PM
FromTheSide

Quote:
I wasn't calling you out for discriminating against a younger player, but in general its easier for us to put the blame on an inexperienced player as opposed to a veteran.

The bottom line for me is that Ovechkin put the Caps on his back almost literally, and won the game, and Drury did nothing to stop his team from collapsing.
Well what could he do? bad bounces and ridiculous penalties kind of limit a guy right?

Last edited by FromTheSide: 12-25-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old
12-25-2008, 12:18 AM
bones21212

when the rangers went up 4-0, washington used their time out and the coach ( and i will NOT attempt too spell his last name ) chastized his players for their lack of effort.
when it became 4-2, why didnt renney do the same? i never even saw a look of concern on renneys face.

as for drurys statement.....i remember a few years back when after a dramatic colorado loss, "captain" joe sakic said "its just another loss we can chalk up". THATS what your team captain should say?

please keep in mind gang......i live in baltimore and get to watch almost all of the crapitals games. im also a fan of the mis-fit toys from long island. so i pretty much enjoyed watching that game.......

Closed Thread