HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dean Lombardi Talks About Khabibulin, Watching Quick, and Johnson Ahead of Scedule

Old
12-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Dean Lombardi Talks About Khabibulin, Watching Quick, and Johnson Ahead of Scedule

Dean Lombardi speaks out about the Khabibulin trade and the progress of Jack Johnson. Drew Doughty also talks about World Juniors at the end of the article.

LA Times Helene Elliot reports:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...0,408310.story

Quote:
There isn't much out there, anyway, Lombardi said. "You hear of any goalies available that I'm not hearing of?" he asked, joking.
Quote:
"I'm going to watch this guy here [referring to Quick]," Lombardi said during the morning skate. "The intention is to see where he's at."
Quote:
Lombardi said defenseman Jack Johnson is "a little ahead of schedule" and might make an early return from shoulder surgery.
Quote:
"If he can get that cleaned up, and then he starts doing the things that get you up ice, hopefully we get a little boost. Sometimes the good thing about injuries is when you get a guy back it's almost like making a trade without giving anything up."

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 10:31 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
So far so good, if Quick pans out, then it'll be just like Lombardi said, we acquired a good goalie for nothing. Seems like a product of a good stable and development system.

I am wondering how Zatkoff is doing though, I'm curious if he's handling the AHL duties as well as Quick is the NHL.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
So far so good, if Quick pans out, then it'll be just like Lombardi said, we acquired a good goalie for nothing. Seems like a product of a good stable and development system.

I am wondering how Zatkoff is doing though, I'm curious if he's handling the AHL duties as well as Quick is the NHL.
Zatkoff has only played 1 game in the AHL thus far, so it's hard to say how he's handling it.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Shaun_W_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Zatkoff has only played 1 game in the AHL thus far, so it's hard to say how he's handling it.
Did you see it? What was the score? I know you cannot really judge by one game but I'm just curious...

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_W_W View Post
Did you see it? What was the score? I know you cannot really judge by one game but I'm just curious...
I didn't see it.

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1005175

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote