HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Chicago/Toronto

Old
12-23-2008, 09:50 AM
number11

vCash: 500
Chicago/Toronto

To Toronto: Dustin Byfuglian and Kyle Beach

To Chicago: Tomas Kaberle

We saw how fast the window closed on Ottawa. Chicago has a lot of peices to do something now, pittsburgh did, now its chicago's chance, bringing in kaberle would be amazing for them and they part with some future for that cost. Considering that Chicago has an amazing core of prospects and the salaries match.

number11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Raging Bull

I'd do it on Torontos side. Don't know if Chicago would part with Beach already though.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:55 AM
sda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIntellect11 View Post

We saw how fast the window closed on Ottawa. Chicago has a lot of peices to do something now, pittsburgh did, now its chicago's chance, bringing in kaberle would be amazing for them and they part with some future for that cost. Considering that Chicago has an amazing core of prospects and the salaries match.
toronto might want something a little more certain. Beach could easily bust and Byfuglian could be a player that never scores like he did last year

sda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:58 AM
DougGilmour93

Too much of a risk for Toronto. Why does Chicago do this? What happened with Campbell?

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:02 AM
not dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Too much of a risk for Toronto. Why does Chicago do this? What happened with Campbell?
They don't since they don't need defense.

not dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Piffle

Quote:

The reason Ottawa's window closed so quickly is that they weren't built properly. Chicago is built right with fast, talented youngsters. Their window is just now opening and should be open for a long time.

Chicago is already top heavy at defense. Campbell, Keith, and Seabrook are all top pairing defensemen. We don't need another Campbell. It would not surprise me if Byfuglien was traded, but I doubt Beach is going anywhere. And really the only hole we are looking to shore up is a second line center.

Piffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

salary cap

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Zim

Chicago have one of the better defenses in the NHL, there is no need to for them to acquire another top-4 defence man and doing so would only reduce Barker's minutes which is stupid since he is developing nicely this season. Chicago also have more than enough offensive clout from the back end with Campbell and Barker and the rest of the d corps are also chipping in. This is before you even take into account that Chicago can't fit Kaberle's salary in under the cap so it's a total non-starter.

Last edited by Zim: 12-23-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Saw Jiris Tlusty

No need for Chicago to go up another d-man. They have Campbell to run the PP as well. I think the leafs would be looking for more then that for Kaberle.

Saw Jiris Tlusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 11:06 AM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

There are alot of teams in the NHL that would love to have Kaberle and would play a hefty price for him.
But the Hawks arent one of them.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 11:09 AM
All_blueandwhite

If we had any other GM, we wouldn't do this.

But with Burke at the helm, you know he would give this serious consideration.

Personall, I think it's not enough for Kaberle.

All_blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Flapjack*

Fail Tallon, the GM court jester of the NHL laughs at the thought of this proposal.

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

vCash: 50
Man, I really wanted the Leafs to get Beach at the draft...

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:19 PM
BigEyedPhish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffle View Post
The reason Ottawa's window closed so quickly is that they weren't built properly. Chicago is built right with fast, talented youngsters. Their window is just now opening and should be open for a long time.

Chicago is already top heavy at defense. Campbell, Keith, and Seabrook are all top pairing defensemen. We don't need another Campbell. It would not surprise me if Byfuglien was traded, but I doubt Beach is going anywhere. And really the only hole we are looking to shore up is a second line center.
WRONG the reason Ottawa's window closed so quickly (it will open back up next year btw) is because of the Salary cap..

The Salary cap ***** our team more than any other team in the League, all of our best players had their breakout seasons the year after a Salary cap was put into place... which means big contracts.. which means.. bye..

Also because Muckler let Chara go instead of Redden, the single worst decision this franchise has made..

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

No from Chicago. They have no need of Kaberle.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammitch View Post
WRONG the reason Ottawa's window closed so quickly (it will open back up next year btw) is because of the Salary cap..

The Salary cap ***** our team more than any other team in the League, all of our best players had their breakout seasons the year after a Salary cap was put into place... which means big contracts.. which means.. bye..

Also because Muckler let Chara go instead of Redden, the single worst decision this franchise has made..
What's going to change next year that will change the course of the Senator's franchise? Anything beyond Gerber's contract? Is that $3.7M of cap space spent on another goalie going to completely revitialize the franchise?

And for that trade to work, CHI would have to send a guy like Sopel in the trade. He's the only d-man that is making enough money to free the space required for Kaberle. If I was Tallon, I'd consider throwing in TOR's 2nd round we got from MON in the deal. Sopel's a decent 3rd pairing guy now and is probably overpaid by about $500-700K for 2 more years.

EDIT: And while the Hawks might not "NEED" Kaberle - he'd be a great guy to add IMO.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:31 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I love Kaberle's game and he's locked up at a very good price for a few more years, but a player like him would honestly be a luxury on our team. Antropov is the one player on the Leafs the Hawks could definitely use.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
EDIT: And while the Hawks might not "NEED" Kaberle - he'd be a great guy to add IMO.
Why? There is nothing Kaberle does that Campbell does not do better. The Hawks offense is something like 3rd in the league and they get plenty of offense from their defense.

Kaberle is not worth the assets it would take to get him for the Hawks, period.

Quote:
Antropov is the one player on the Leafs the Hawks could definitely use.
Not really. The way the Hawks team is set up I'd much rather get a center with speed and creativity.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:04 PM
HSF

Quote:

11 playoff years in a row is pretty damn slow

i would say chi town has quite some time

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:05 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffle View Post

11 playoff years... we were built fast and skilled AND defense heavy (Chara, Redden, Philips etc), hell we had goaltending issues just like you guys right now, i am not sure where ppl are saying our window closed fast when we have made the playoffs for 11 years now

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:38 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Why? There is nothing Kaberle does that Campbell does not do better. The Hawks offense is something like 3rd in the league and they get plenty of offense from their defense.

Kaberle is not worth the assets it would take to get him for the Hawks, period.

Not really. The way the Hawks team is set up I'd much rather get a center with speed and creativity.
Speed and creativity are great but you need a banger or 2 int the top 6 as well and thats what Antropov is.

Old
12-23-2008, 01:41 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
11 playoff years... we were built fast and skilled AND defense heavy (Chara, Redden, Philips etc), hell we had goaltending issues just like you guys right now, i am not sure where ppl are saying our window closed fast when we have made the playoffs for 11 years now
And will miss then this year. Its not that they wont make them again or be a competitive team but the window where Ottawa was a favorite is gone and now your best player is maybe 4 years from retirement, and this one will be wasted.

Old
12-23-2008, 01:56 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Chicago needs to save that cap space for a 2nd line center. With Campbell, Barker, Keith, and Seabrook already in the fold, Chicago' back-end is already pretty solid.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Yeah it sucks to have two goalies posting stats like this:
Khabibulin 16GP 10W 1L 2.44GAA .922SV% 1SO
Huet 16GP 8W 5L 2.39GAA .916SV% 1SO (Has let in 3 goals in his past 4 games)

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 02:01 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Yeah it sucks to have two goalies posting stats like this:
Khabibulin 16GP 10W 1L 2.44GAA .922SV% 1SO
Huet 16GP 8W 5L 2.39GAA .916SV% 1SO (Has let in 3 goals in his past 4 games)
Yea and for only about 12m a season