HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

New York Times:LA,Dallas,St.Louis,Toronto and Vancouver are bidding on Rucinsky

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2004, 11:42 PM
  #1
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,783
vCash: 500
New York Times:LA,Dallas,St.Louis,Toronto and Vancouver are bidding on Rucinsky

According to a team official in the N.H.L., Sather listened to offers yesterday from Los Angeles, Dallas, St. Louis, Toronto and Vancouver for left wing Martin Rucinsky.

According to Bob McKenzie,Vancouver is hot after Rucinsky

According to another person familiar with the Rangers' discussions, Sather would be willing to accept a third-round draft choice for left wing Chris Simon.

Only a handful of players are likely to remain: Jaromir Jagr, Bobby Holik, Darius Kasparaitis, Mike Dunham and probably Greg de Vries all because of high-priced or long-term contracts. Every other player older than 25 Tom Poti, Dale Purinton, Simon, Vladimir Malakhov, Rucinsky, Boris Mironov, Matthew Barnaby, Jan Hlavac, Dan LaCouture and Eric Lindros could be gone.

Even Mark Messier could be gone

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/05/sp...ey/05RANG.html

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-04-2004, 11:45 PM
  #2
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
According to a team official in the N.H.L., Sather listened to offers yesterday from Los Angeles, Dallas, St. Louis, Toronto and Vancouver for left wing Martin Rucinsky.

According to Bob McKenzie,Vancouver is hot after Rucinsky

According to another person familiar with the Rangers' discussions, Sather would be willing to accept a third-round draft choice for left wing Chris Simon.

Only a handful of players are likely to remain: Jaromir Jagr, Bobby Holik, Darius Kasparaitis, Mike Dunham and probably Greg de Vries all because of high-priced or long-term contracts. Every other player older than 25 Tom Poti, Dale Purinton, Simon, Vladimir Malakhov, Rucinsky, Boris Mironov, Matthew Barnaby, Jan Hlavac, Dan LaCouture and Eric Lindros could be gone.

Even Mark Messier could be gone

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/05/sp...ey/05RANG.html
According to Sportsnet.ca,Eric Lindros could be done for the season with a shoulder injury.He will not be back next season anyway when the Rangers do not exercise his $10.25 million club option.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-04-2004, 11:54 PM
  #3
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,555
vCash: 500
sixth round pick from the Preds for Mironov.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
03-04-2004, 11:59 PM
  #4
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,723
vCash: 500
Pony up and Bring him back to STL Larry, he would still allow us to make another move if need be.

c-carp is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 12:06 AM
  #5
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,783
vCash: 500
Rangers GM Glen Sather worked the phones back at the Garden. Martin Rucinsky was being sought by the Stars, Blues and Kings. Greg de Vries also has drawn significant interest from Dallas, as has Vladimir Malakhov, about whom the Devils have also inquired. The Rangers are believed interested in Dallas' 6-4, 215-pound defenseman John Erskine, 23.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/15919.htm

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 01:02 AM
  #6
Burke's Evil Spirit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 15,802
vCash: 500
Erskine? Wow, if Sather can land Erskine for either of those guys (or even both) it'll be great.

Burke's Evil Spirit is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 01:17 AM
  #7
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,778
vCash: 500
2nd round pick in 2005 for Rucinsky. Final offer.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 01:29 AM
  #8
Big Bill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Land of milk & honey
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
2nd round pick in 2005 for Rucinsky. Final offer.
Brian Burke, is that you?

Big Bill is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 01:42 AM
  #9
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,778
vCash: 500
No, but it wouldn't suprise me if Burke is wasting his time on boards like this.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 03:03 AM
  #10
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,458
vCash: 50
I'd like Rucinsky here in Vancouver. McKenzie seems to think Vancouver's hot after him, and Dave Nonis was on the radio last night saying they'd made some offers and were awaiting offers, so who knows.

~Canucklehead~

__________________
Please visit my Official Facebook Page Mike Forward Writing for information on current and future releases.
Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 07:35 AM
  #11
ATG
Registered User
 
ATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country:
Posts: 9,661
vCash: 500
Wow Sather demanded Parise for Leetch you definately can't say that the leafs over paid when you look at that.Through that logic Sather should have asked for Steen or Stajan

ATG is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 10:22 AM
  #12
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
Wow Sather demanded Parise for Leetch you definately can't say that the leafs over paid when you look at that.Through that logic Sather should have asked for Steen or Stajan
you can't compare the 2 situations...the other (and much more reliable--ie not larry brooks) report out of ny was that when nj contact the rangers about leetch, sather simply told lameriello "sorry but i can't trade him to nj for pr reasons"

trading away a fan favorite and arguable the best player in franchise history is difficult enough, you can't send him to a crosstown rival on top of that...sather would have had to enter the witness protection program

NYR469 is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 10:50 AM
  #13
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
According to a team official in the N.H.L., Sather listened to offers yesterday from Los Angeles, Dallas, St. Louis, Toronto and Vancouver for left wing Martin Rucinsky.

According to Bob McKenzie,Vancouver is hot after Rucinsky

According to another person familiar with the Rangers' discussions, Sather would be willing to accept a third-round draft choice for left wing Chris Simon.

Only a handful of players are likely to remain: Jaromir Jagr, Bobby Holik, Darius Kasparaitis, Mike Dunham and probably Greg de Vries all because of high-priced or long-term contracts. Every other player older than 25 Tom Poti, Dale Purinton, Simon, Vladimir Malakhov, Rucinsky, Boris Mironov, Matthew Barnaby, Jan Hlavac, Dan LaCouture and Eric Lindros could be gone.

Even Mark Messier could be gone

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/05/sp...ey/05RANG.html
Why are the high contract players untradeable? The Rags have basically an unlimited supply of money...why not pay the majority of the contracts if they could get back decent young players? What team wouldn't want to add a Jagr or Holik or DeVries if the Rags picked up the tab?

kasper11 is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 11:15 AM
  #14
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,592
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
you can't compare the 2 situations...the other (and much more reliable--ie not larry brooks) report out of ny was that when nj contact the rangers about leetch, sather simply told lameriello "sorry but i can't trade him to nj for pr reasons"

trading away a fan favorite and arguable the best player in franchise history is difficult enough, you can't send him to a crosstown rival on top of that...sather would have had to enter the witness protection program

Agreed. Sather would get killed even more than he has if he had dealt Leetch to the Devils.

So what happens? Lou asks what Glen would want and Sather responds with an offer that he knows that Lou would balk at or Lou would be crazy to accept.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 11:16 AM
  #15
ehc73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11
Why are the high contract players untradeable? The Rags have basically an unlimited supply of money...why not pay the majority of the contracts if they could get back decent young players? What team wouldn't want to add a Jagr or Holik or DeVries if the Rags picked up the tab?
Because owners think more of dollars instead of hockey sense so them paying most of a player's salary to play for another team doesn't make good financial sense. That is unless you're in financial trouble and have no other option(ie Washington with Jagr).

ehc73 is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 11:24 AM
  #16
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 40,366
vCash: 500
i dont see rucinsky as a leaf

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 01:28 PM
  #17
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
2nd round pick in 2005 for Rucinsky. Final offer.
I read elsewhere that Sather wanted Allen and a first for Rucinsky!

Huge pass.

Thalia is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 01:40 PM
  #18
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,712
vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
I read elsewhere that Sather wanted Allen and a first for Rucinsky!

Huge pass.
That just can't be true

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 07:31 PM
  #19
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,470
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I wonder what it'd take to land Rucinsky in L.A.?

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 07:34 PM
  #20
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I wonder what it'd take to land Rucinsky in L.A.?

how about Karlsson and a 3rd? Maybe we can expand the deal to get Kanko, maybe De Vries and Rucinsky for Karlsson and Kanko?

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 07:44 PM
  #21
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,164
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Kanko straight works for me, Kanko is a 3rd liner at best, but a damn good one I think he'll be

MisterUnspoken is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 08:39 PM
  #22
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,749
vCash: 500
No thanks. Kanko or Karlsson for Rucinsky is a crapy deal for LA

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 08:40 PM
  #23
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
Because owners think more of dollars instead of hockey sense so them paying most of a player's salary to play for another team doesn't make good financial sense. That is unless you're in financial trouble and have no other option(ie Washington with Jagr).
Maybe in most locals, not with the NY Rangers. If they wanted to think 'financial sense' over 'hockey sense' they'd have built this team properly, not by going on a 7 or 8 year spending spree.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 08:56 PM
  #24
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
No thanks. Kanko or Karlsson for Rucinsky is a crapy deal for LA
I totally agree. I'm not even sure we need a guy like rucinsky for the post season. We already have Straka. I'd rather we get another veteran D-man for depth and a top six forward with size that actually uses it, unlike Stumpel. Frolov just isn't enough and Klatt doesn't have the talent to finish enough.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 09:27 PM
  #25
ArtG
Registered User
 
ArtG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
I read elsewhere that Sather wanted Allen and a first for Rucinsky!

Huge pass.
Wasn't that for Rucinsky and DeVries?

ArtG is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.