HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/26/08: "The Circus Comes to Town" Lightning @ Panthers

View Poll Results: Tonights Winner:
PANTHERS 14 82.35%
lightning 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2008, 10:02 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

vCash: 500
Can someone describe the McCabe goal?

Old
12-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

"How predictable is McCabe, seriously? Ridiculous. He really hasn't done much lately after starting pretty hot in terms of the goal scoring department."

PanthersRule96...you've got to be looking at your post and just dying inside! (We've all been there, and your posting timing couldn't have been more...perfect. That's hilarious! Perhaps we could get you to say bad things about a player (soon to score) whenever we're down. You could be worth your weight in gold! (said with affection, by the way)

Old
12-26-2008, 10:04 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Can someone describe the McCabe goal?
The Panthers had the puck when it was outside of the net, and then McCabe made it go inside of the net.

Old
12-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Gaebriel

I'd put Vokoun back in for the shootout. He's usually lights out.

Old
12-26-2008, 10:07 PM
JonnyCash

What happened to vokoun? Hurt or pulled (only 3 goals on 27 shots?)

Old
12-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Put Vokoun back in!

Old
12-26-2008, 10:09 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCash View Post
What happened to vokoun? Hurt or pulled (only 3 goals on 27 shots?)
2 very soft goals and he looked shaky

Old
12-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Anderson sucks in the shootout, he has demonstrated it before, why not just put vokoun back in?!?! Gaahhhh

Old
12-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Gaebriel

Ugh... Andy just doesn't do well in shootouts. Should have put Vokoun back in.

Old
12-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Andy's horrible in the SO, should've put T-Vo back in. 3 of 4? Oh well, at least we got the point, though, I wanted two.

12-26-2008, 10:17 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Its ok boys, we got a point out of a game that we SUCKED in. This was the best thing that could of happened to them, other than a win. Sure they won it in the SO, but the momentum from the end of the 3rd and OT will surely give us some energy tomorrow. The Cats from the past few years would not of came back and do what they did, so a lot of credit has to go to them for at least battling back, he!! of an effort.

Nate looked good tonight too. I thought he played another good-effort game, and all he really needs to do is get some confidence back, and he will be fine. That move on the PK was sick too, dragging it and nearly getting it in far side.

Old
12-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Crap play from Panthers 10mins into to 53 mins. I dont understand why DeBoer didnt go with Vokoun in SO. Big mistake

Old
12-26-2008, 10:18 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Andy's horrible in the SO, should've put T-Vo back in. 3 of 4? Oh well, at least we got the point, though, I wanted two.
3 for 4, without St-Louis and Lecavalier

Should have put Vokoun or Ballard

Old
12-26-2008, 10:21 PM
jal2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
That's absolutely fine with me. I'll eat crow all night and enjoy it. McCABEEEEEE OH MAN. AWESOME. lol we got so lucky because Weiss just threw it in front and thankfully Ranger botched the clear right to McCabe. I love this team.
I just want to add, though, that on any other day I would have agreed that McCabe's play is predictable. But it is his ability to put up points through sheer power and will (despite his predictability) that is impressive and makes him a great physical example.

Old
12-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Crap play from Panthers 10mins into to 53 mins. I dont understand why DeBoer didnt go with Vokoun in SO. Big mistake
Completely agree, I mean it's not the first time its happened, either. I mean he got picked apart in his last shootout too. I just don't understand why. Probably out of respect for Anderson, but what do you want more, to move into 8th or give a player respect?

Old
jal2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
3 for 4, without St-Louis and Lecavalier

Should have put Vokoun or Ballard
I would have even considered putting in McCabe.

Old
blackpanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
The Panthers had the puck when it was outside of the net, and then McCabe made it go inside of the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
I'm just saying that it's annoying when the forum you frequent for hockey talk is populated by some people who make teenage girls seem like mature, rational people.

Old
12-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Good teams walk away with a point...even when they don't deserve one. Thank you, Santa.

Perhaps next time, PDB will put Vokoun in. But as for now, I think he has to reward the goalie that came in and settled things down. Maybe next, however. H e's given Anderson his chances.

Should be a good game tomorrow. I don't believe that Tampa can bring this kind of energy two games in a row.

Old
12-26-2008, 10:23 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Its ok boys, we got a point out of a game that we SUCKED in. This was the best thing that could of happened to them, other than a win. Sure they won it in the SO, but the momentum from the end of the 3rd and OT will surely give us some energy tomorrow. The Cats from the past few years would not of came back and do what they did, so a lot of credit has to go to them for at least battling back, he!! of an effort.
To me, we didn't get a big point...we lost it. battleing for a playoffs spot, we can't lose game like this. Keep this for teams like Boston, Rangers or Philly. Against Tampa-Bay, you have to win

I'm expecting a big win tomorrow though, they'll bounce back

Old
12-26-2008, 10:24 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
"How predictable is McCabe, seriously? Ridiculous. He really hasn't done much lately after starting pretty hot in terms of the goal scoring department."

PanthersRule96...you've got to be looking at your post and just dying inside! (We've all been there, and your posting timing couldn't have been more...perfect. That's hilarious! Perhaps we could get you to say bad things about a player (soon to score) whenever we're down. You could be worth your weight in gold! (said with affection, by the way)
lol That's great, I was dying inside as soon as I saw it go back to him and then he blasted it through. It was the first thing I thought about haha. I did that earlier this year when I wrote something negative about someone (I think it was Bouwmeester), and then he scored his first of the year or something like that and went on his little offensive streak.

Old
12-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Definitely agree about T-Vo in the shootout. But for at least this game, Pete went with Andy as he came in and shut the door on Tampa and allowed us to get back in it. But yeah, I don't think Pete will make that shootout mistake again.

The team that doesn't score on a 5-on-3 deserves to lose more times than not and that holds true tonight. Great to get a point though.

-ghoste

Old
12-26-2008, 10:25 PM
jal2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Good teams walk away with a point...even when they don't deserve one. Thank you, Santa.

Perhaps next time, PDB will put Vokoun in. But as for now, I think he has to reward the goalie that came in and settled things down. Maybe next, however. H e's given Anderson his chances.

Should be a good game tomorrow. I don't believe that Tampa can bring this kind of energy two games in a row.
My only concern is Artyukhin. Someone needs to deliver him a colossal (yet clean and not injury inducing) hit. Maybe Ballard will throw in a hip-check. Maybe McCabe will give him some nasty stuff along the boards.

Also, if Artyukhin is going to fight, he should have the class to at least take off his face-shielding helmet. But maybe common decency just isn't his strength.

Old
12-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
lol That's great, I was dying inside as soon as I saw it go back to him and then he blasted it through. It was the first thing I thought about haha. I did that earlier this year when I wrote something negative about someone (I think it was Bouwmeester), and then he scored his first of the year or something like that and went on his little offensive streak.
Say something about Horton!

Old
12-26-2008, 10:28 PM
PanthersRule96

I question pulling Vokie. Who's to say that Andy sparked them? We play horribly in the third until 7 minutes left when Stillman put that in. Then we tied it later on. We didn't give up a ton of shots in the third at all and Anderson scared me a bit. Vokie should have had the first one but it happens. Also, the Recchi goal was tipped. Artyukin's goal was a bit weak as well but backhands are hard to read, especially in close when he could have made a pass there too. As long as Vokoun doesn't collapse in the third there, we probably win that shootout.

I feel like the guys would have wanted to bounce back for Vokie in the third and also, Vokoun would have obviously wanted to go back in there and make amends. It's all what-ifs, but I don't really agree with putting Andy in there and having him in the shootout cost us a point (then again we maybe wouldn't have gotten to that without him in but I don't think it played a big role)

Old
12-26-2008, 10:30 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Say something about Horton!
I really liked him tonight and that shot in the shootout was great. Weiss and Booth were relatively non-existant (surprising to say about Booth), but Horton was the only reason that line didn't look like our 4th line tonight IMO.

Closed Thread