HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/26/08: "The Circus Comes to Town" Lightning @ Panthers

View Poll Results: Tonights Winner:
PANTHERS 14 82.35%
lightning 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-26-2008, 10:02 PM
  #76
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,707
vCash: 500
Can someone describe the McCabe goal?

bishop12 is online now  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:03 PM
  #77
Panthers/Leafs fan
 
Panthers/Leafs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: Belgium
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
"How predictable is McCabe, seriously? Ridiculous. He really hasn't done much lately after starting pretty hot in terms of the goal scoring department."

PanthersRule96...you've got to be looking at your post and just dying inside! (We've all been there, and your posting timing couldn't have been more...perfect. That's hilarious! Perhaps we could get you to say bad things about a player (soon to score) whenever we're down. You could be worth your weight in gold! (said with affection, by the way)

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:04 PM
  #78
RoadDoggFL
Registered User
 
RoadDoggFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: Colombia
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Can someone describe the McCabe goal?
The Panthers had the puck when it was outside of the net, and then McCabe made it go inside of the net.

RoadDoggFL is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:07 PM
  #79
Gaebriel
Registered User
 
Gaebriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 830
vCash: 500
I'd put Vokoun back in for the shootout. He's usually lights out.

Gaebriel is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:07 PM
  #80
JonnyCash
Registered User
 
JonnyCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
What happened to vokoun? Hurt or pulled (only 3 goals on 27 shots?)

JonnyCash is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:08 PM
  #81
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Put Vokoun back in!

Egblad is online now  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:09 PM
  #82
sinDer
Registered User
 
sinDer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drummondville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCash View Post
What happened to vokoun? Hurt or pulled (only 3 goals on 27 shots?)
2 very soft goals and he looked shaky

sinDer is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:13 PM
  #83
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Anderson sucks in the shootout, he has demonstrated it before, why not just put vokoun back in?!?! Gaahhhh

Egblad is online now  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:14 PM
  #84
Gaebriel
Registered User
 
Gaebriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 830
vCash: 500
Ugh... Andy just doesn't do well in shootouts. Should have put Vokoun back in.

Gaebriel is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:15 PM
  #85
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,207
vCash: 500
Andy's horrible in the SO, should've put T-Vo back in. 3 of 4? Oh well, at least we got the point, though, I wanted two.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:17 PM
  #86
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,897
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Its ok boys, we got a point out of a game that we SUCKED in. This was the best thing that could of happened to them, other than a win. Sure they won it in the SO, but the momentum from the end of the 3rd and OT will surely give us some energy tomorrow. The Cats from the past few years would not of came back and do what they did, so a lot of credit has to go to them for at least battling back, he!! of an effort.

Nate looked good tonight too. I thought he played another good-effort game, and all he really needs to do is get some confidence back, and he will be fine. That move on the PK was sick too, dragging it and nearly getting it in far side.

pb1300 is online now  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:18 PM
  #87
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 10,765
vCash: 814
Crap play from Panthers 10mins into to 53 mins. I dont understand why DeBoer didnt go with Vokoun in SO. Big mistake

Mogo is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:18 PM
  #88
sinDer
Registered User
 
sinDer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drummondville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Andy's horrible in the SO, should've put T-Vo back in. 3 of 4? Oh well, at least we got the point, though, I wanted two.
3 for 4, without St-Louis and Lecavalier

Should have put Vokoun or Ballard

sinDer is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:21 PM
  #89
jal2155
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Germany
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
That's absolutely fine with me. I'll eat crow all night and enjoy it. McCABEEEEEE OH MAN. AWESOME. lol we got so lucky because Weiss just threw it in front and thankfully Ranger botched the clear right to McCabe. I love this team.
I just want to add, though, that on any other day I would have agreed that McCabe's play is predictable. But it is his ability to put up points through sheer power and will (despite his predictability) that is impressive and makes him a great physical example.

jal2155 is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:22 PM
  #90
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Crap play from Panthers 10mins into to 53 mins. I dont understand why DeBoer didnt go with Vokoun in SO. Big mistake
Completely agree, I mean it's not the first time its happened, either. I mean he got picked apart in his last shootout too. I just don't understand why. Probably out of respect for Anderson, but what do you want more, to move into 8th or give a player respect?

Egblad is online now  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:22 PM
  #91
jal2155
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Germany
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
3 for 4, without St-Louis and Lecavalier

Should have put Vokoun or Ballard
I would have even considered putting in McCabe.

jal2155 is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:22 PM
  #92
blackpanthers
Registered User
 
blackpanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
The Panthers had the puck when it was outside of the net, and then McCabe made it go inside of the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
I'm just saying that it's annoying when the forum you frequent for hockey talk is populated by some people who make teenage girls seem like mature, rational people.

blackpanthers is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:23 PM
  #93
Panthers/Leafs fan
 
Panthers/Leafs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: Belgium
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Good teams walk away with a point...even when they don't deserve one. Thank you, Santa.

Perhaps next time, PDB will put Vokoun in. But as for now, I think he has to reward the goalie that came in and settled things down. Maybe next, however. H e's given Anderson his chances.

Should be a good game tomorrow. I don't believe that Tampa can bring this kind of energy two games in a row.

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:23 PM
  #94
sinDer
Registered User
 
sinDer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drummondville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Its ok boys, we got a point out of a game that we SUCKED in. This was the best thing that could of happened to them, other than a win. Sure they won it in the SO, but the momentum from the end of the 3rd and OT will surely give us some energy tomorrow. The Cats from the past few years would not of came back and do what they did, so a lot of credit has to go to them for at least battling back, he!! of an effort.
To me, we didn't get a big point...we lost it. battleing for a playoffs spot, we can't lose game like this. Keep this for teams like Boston, Rangers or Philly. Against Tampa-Bay, you have to win

I'm expecting a big win tomorrow though, they'll bounce back

sinDer is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:24 PM
  #95
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
"How predictable is McCabe, seriously? Ridiculous. He really hasn't done much lately after starting pretty hot in terms of the goal scoring department."

PanthersRule96...you've got to be looking at your post and just dying inside! (We've all been there, and your posting timing couldn't have been more...perfect. That's hilarious! Perhaps we could get you to say bad things about a player (soon to score) whenever we're down. You could be worth your weight in gold! (said with affection, by the way)
lol That's great, I was dying inside as soon as I saw it go back to him and then he blasted it through. It was the first thing I thought about haha. I did that earlier this year when I wrote something negative about someone (I think it was Bouwmeester), and then he scored his first of the year or something like that and went on his little offensive streak.

PanthersRule96 is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:25 PM
  #96
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,271
vCash: 500
Definitely agree about T-Vo in the shootout. But for at least this game, Pete went with Andy as he came in and shut the door on Tampa and allowed us to get back in it. But yeah, I don't think Pete will make that shootout mistake again.

The team that doesn't score on a 5-on-3 deserves to lose more times than not and that holds true tonight. Great to get a point though.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:25 PM
  #97
jal2155
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Germany
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Good teams walk away with a point...even when they don't deserve one. Thank you, Santa.

Perhaps next time, PDB will put Vokoun in. But as for now, I think he has to reward the goalie that came in and settled things down. Maybe next, however. H e's given Anderson his chances.

Should be a good game tomorrow. I don't believe that Tampa can bring this kind of energy two games in a row.
My only concern is Artyukhin. Someone needs to deliver him a colossal (yet clean and not injury inducing) hit. Maybe Ballard will throw in a hip-check. Maybe McCabe will give him some nasty stuff along the boards.

Also, if Artyukhin is going to fight, he should have the class to at least take off his face-shielding helmet. But maybe common decency just isn't his strength.

jal2155 is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:28 PM
  #98
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
lol That's great, I was dying inside as soon as I saw it go back to him and then he blasted it through. It was the first thing I thought about haha. I did that earlier this year when I wrote something negative about someone (I think it was Bouwmeester), and then he scored his first of the year or something like that and went on his little offensive streak.
Say something about Horton!

Egblad is online now  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:28 PM
  #99
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,033
vCash: 500
I question pulling Vokie. Who's to say that Andy sparked them? We play horribly in the third until 7 minutes left when Stillman put that in. Then we tied it later on. We didn't give up a ton of shots in the third at all and Anderson scared me a bit. Vokie should have had the first one but it happens. Also, the Recchi goal was tipped. Artyukin's goal was a bit weak as well but backhands are hard to read, especially in close when he could have made a pass there too. As long as Vokoun doesn't collapse in the third there, we probably win that shootout.

I feel like the guys would have wanted to bounce back for Vokie in the third and also, Vokoun would have obviously wanted to go back in there and make amends. It's all what-ifs, but I don't really agree with putting Andy in there and having him in the shootout cost us a point (then again we maybe wouldn't have gotten to that without him in but I don't think it played a big role)

PanthersRule96 is offline  
Old
12-26-2008, 10:30 PM
  #100
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Say something about Horton!
I really liked him tonight and that shot in the shootout was great. Weiss and Booth were relatively non-existant (surprising to say about Booth), but Horton was the only reason that line didn't look like our 4th line tonight IMO.

PanthersRule96 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.