HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

kaberle

Old
12-26-2008, 09:22 AM
harv3317

vCash: 500
kaberle

seems like the laffs are offering kaberle. i would love to have him on this team!!!!!
could you imagine our d with bouw resigning!!!!!!! he would be a great addition. kubina would also be awsome!!!! i love kaberle and i think he would sign here especially with mc cabe already in the stable!!!
thoughts.

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 09:28 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
seems like the laffs are offering kaberle. i would love to have him on this team!!!!!
could you imagine our d with bouw resigning!!!!!!! he would be a great addition. kubina would also be awsome!!!! i love kaberle and i think he would sign here especially with mc cabe already in the stable!!!
thoughts.
Too expensive.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Acadmus
retired mod

And we're loaded on the blueline. At least for now.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 09:52 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
He is a good option if Bouw has to be moved. But even if Bouw is resigned, Kaberle is only at $4.25 million per for two more years, not an incredibly high number for one of the best offensive Dmen in the game. Just imagine:

With Bouw resigned:
Bouwmeester - Kaberle
Ballard - Boynton
McCabe - Skrastins

Next season:
Bouw - Kaberle
Ballard - Boynton/Allen
McCabe - Allen/Boynton

HAS to be top three defense in the league right there.

Even w/out Bouw, the defense still looks good with Ballard, Kaberle, McCabe, Boynton, Skrastins, and Cully.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 10:14 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Horton and a 2nd rounder.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
It might get this thread moved to the trade discussion thread, but I don't know how much that improves the team, unless Kaberle really likes the idea of playing on the wing.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 10:22 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
He is a good option if Bouw has to be moved. But even if Bouw is resigned, Kaberle is only at $4.25 million per for two more years, not an incredibly high number for one of the best offensive Dmen in the game. Just imagine:

With Bouw resigned:
Bouwmeester - Kaberle
Ballard - Boynton
McCabe - Skrastins

Next season:
Bouw - Kaberle
Ballard - Boynton/Allen
McCabe - Allen/Boynton

HAS to be top three defense in the league right there.

Even w/out Bouw, the defense still looks good with Ballard, Kaberle, McCabe, Boynton, Skrastins, and Cully.

The cap is expected to be relatively flat next season before dropping substantially the following season. Smart GMs are already manuevering to unload big contracts that extend beyond 2009-10. That is why Martin was rumored to be shopping Vokoun, despite the fact that the Panthers will be in pretty good cap shape next year with a large number of vet contracts coming off the books, including Boynton, Skrastins, Murphy and Cullimore on the D side.

If J-Bo is resigned, then that probably means that Boynton and Skarstins are gone unless one of the two is willing to take a sharp reduction in salary. No way that Martin adds Karbele. Even if J-Bo is traded, the Panthers are unlikely to be in the trade market for Kaberle, whose asking price will be quite high, because he will be in high demand.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

I thought Florida had room under the cap. Am I mistaken? (probably)

Either way, I've watched Kaberle for years. He's an excellent mover of the puck, great passer, great on the powerplay (except he refuses to shoot much--though this has improved quite a bit). My only knock on him is that he's kind of weak defensively and is pretty much guaranteed to lose the puck in any battle along the boards (keep in mind, I really like the guy).

That said, he appears to be sick of the situation in Florida. Wilson has humiliated him publicly and he, I think, would probably welcome a move. But lots of suitors are out there (Philadelphia, etc.). I'm not sure we could land him.

Maybe the Leafs would dump Kaberle the same way they dumped McCabe. What a treat that would be! McLean and a fourth rounder (theirs!)

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 10:50 AM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
No thanks. We already traded our last top scorer for a defenseman! We need some O and not more D at the expense of the O!

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 11:31 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
No thanks. We already traded our last top scorer for a defenseman! We need some O and not more D at the expense of the O!
Sorry but Horton is far from our top scorer.

Kaberle would bring back McCabe's shot, not to mention either give us an option to trade Bouwmeester for some talent up front (we'd land someone better then Horton), OR help us KEEP Bouwmeester (tell me adding another elite defenseman wouldn't entice Jaybo a little bit) and sign some FA forwards in the off-season. Our defense would immediately be the BEST in the NHL. Kaberle, Bouwmeester, McCabe, and Ballard! That would "technically" make Bryan Allen our FIFTH defensemand and Nick Boynton our SIXTH defenseman. That is one hell of a defensive core.

The cap hit wouldn't be much more since Kaberle makes a million more then Horton. Nate is a local boy in Toronto and the trade would probably work for both teams. Even if Nate eventually pans out into the elite PF he was touted to be (I hope he does), the trade will still be fair because Tomas is a top-5 defenseman in this league.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 01:24 PM
bobg1

kaberle

I think you'll have to give up some substantial in order to get Kaberle. Horton and a 1st? Weiss maybe?

bobg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

The Leafs have been getting roasted in the press (what else is new?) for giving away players and getting not much in return. I don't think we can steal anyone away from them, to be honest. Too bad...

Old
12-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobg1 View Post
I think you'll have to give up some substantial in order to get Kaberle. Horton and a 1st? Weiss maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
The Leafs have been getting roasted in the press (what else is new?) for giving away players and getting not much in return. I don't think we can steal anyone away from them, to be honest. Too bad...
True, especially with Burke there right now. Bryzgalov was one thing, if I remember correctly, part of that was cap reasons as well. Still, to also answer bobg, Kaberle has a NMC, he dictates where or if he goes.

12-26-2008, 02:05 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
True, especially with Burke there right now. Bryzgalov was one thing, if I remember correctly, part of that was cap reasons as well. Still, to also answer bobg, Kaberle has a NMC, he dictates where or if he goes.
There is a clause in his contract though. If they fail to make the playoffs this season, the NTC is removed from July to August I believe. So if he is moved, it might very well be in the offseason, even though it is waived after the draft I believe.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 02:22 PM
ShootIt

McCabe?

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

McCabe has a no-move clause in his contract...and I believe he has a brain. Would you ever leave what's building here for the train-wreck of Toronto?

Old
12-26-2008, 04:50 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
McCabe has a no-move clause in his contract...and I believe he has a brain. Would you ever leave what's building here for the train-wreck of Toronto?
But, I thought Toronto fans loved McCabe?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't trade for Kaberle. Would he be a nice addition to the team? Yes. However, we got 3 good offensive defensemen in Bouw, Ballard and McCabe and I do not see the point of trading away young talent/picks for someone we really don't need.
jmo

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 10:57 AM
harv3317

i think kberle on our d would be absolutely awsome. the ntc gives him the upper hand and i'd bet he would be willing to re-unite with mc cabe. i'd gice olesz and a
2nd!!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:20 AM
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

The leafs would ask for Horton, 1st and a prospect.
Plus I don't think Kaberle would waive his NTC to go to florida.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Sun. Girls. No Toronto media. (the sound of bags packing).

If it's Olesz, then it's a go! Heard last night that we have the highest scoring defense in the league? Can that be true?

Old
12-27-2008, 05:47 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Heard last night that we have the highest scoring defense in the league? Can that be true?
Depends on other games played last night, but I can guarantee that since we have so many goals scored by defensemen (at least close to leading the league) and so few goals overall, we lead the league by far at goal % from defense.

Crazy to think that we rely so much on our D for goals, but it helps Zero's argument, no doubt.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote