HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tired of all the parade planning going on for leaf town!!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
Tired of all the parade planning going on for leaf town!!!

doesn't everyone have similar chance of advancing once playoff starts, thats what I'm noticing for past few years, so why is all the sports media getting biased and pretty much sure that Toronto has this in the bag, just watch any sports TV show, or any board, you'll see overwhelming support even from non leaf fan that no one can beat them, but all this for what, just go in main NHL forum even non leaf fans are setting parade for their hated team, I say why, this is sports and teams are way too close in east to give anyone free ride, I will say this it will be very sweet feeling when leafs get rooted out in first round and then all the media reporters looking like bunch of jokers, weren't this the professional columnist that said Habs couldn't make playoff this year.

Old
03-05-2004, 11:13 AM
markov`

Toronto will win the Stanley Cup, for sure. We all know that Sundin is better than Forsberg, Reichel better than Sakic, Mogilny better than Kariya, Nolan better than Hejduk, McCabe better than Blake.

Old
03-05-2004, 11:15 AM
hockey_nut

look on the bright side... you live in Montreal

I moved and I've been stuck in Leaf-land for about 10-years now... how about you feel my pain! huh!

Old
03-05-2004, 11:16 AM
BlueBlood17

I don't think anybody has said that the Leafs are the odds-on favourites to win the Cup, and anyone that does would be stupid to say so.

Our team has it's strengths and weaknesses, just as every other team does. This team has a very real chance, whether you like it or not. It is not unimaginable to see this team be the last one standing in June. Then again, we could just as easily go out in the first round for all anyone knows. There is a reason the games are played, and there's a reason why everyone loves the playoffs.

People are excited in all 16 playoff cities, and when you are a fan of a team that many people think has a real chance of going all the way, you get super-excited. That feeling is quadrupled when it is in a city that lives and breathes for it's hockey team, yet hasn't seen the Cup since 1967.

It doesn't mean parades are being planned, but there's no point in watching if you don't believe in your team.

Old
03-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Kirk Muller

No offense, but why do we have to waste Montreal board space every week it seems with Toronto stuff? People will post because TSN has a stupid headline, or Don Cherry, or whatever. We all know there is a bias, like in all media, but it is more widely spread because of Toronto's predominance. Deal with it, get info from somewhere else if it bothers you so much.

Old
03-05-2004, 12:04 PM
romain_jaime

Well, with all the old farts in the Leafs lineup, it's this year or never... imo

Old
03-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Garnet

Glen Healey

Actually Glen Healey was certain the Leafs with Leetch are easily the East favourites and are the team to beat. But then again Healey's an Idiot! Can't get his eyes past the Toronto city lights. The TO media does this every spring and it gets pretty lame after a while.

Old
03-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
doesn't everyone have similar chance of advancing once playoff starts, thats what I'm noticing for past few years, so why is all the sports media getting biased and pretty much sure that Toronto has this in the bag, just watch any sports TV show, or any board, you'll see overwhelming support even from non leaf fan that no one can beat them, but all this for what, just go in main NHL forum even non leaf fans are setting parade for their hated team, I say why, this is sports and teams are way too close in east to give anyone free ride, I will say this it will be very sweet feeling when leafs get rooted out in first round and then all the media reporters looking like bunch of jokers, weren't this the professional columnist that said Habs couldn't make playoff this year.
Blablabla whine whine whine boring

Old
03-05-2004, 05:53 PM
deandebean

Actually, guys, I do believe the Leafs have become the favorites in the East. Barring any injury (and with their lineup, you never know...), they have "a team made for the playoffs". Won't win the Cup, but they have a very solid team. Been watching them for a couple of weeks very closely and I must say I'm impressed.

The Wild Card in all this could be...the Lightning.

Old
03-05-2004, 06:40 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
The Wild Card in all this could be...the Lightning.
Not so ( because we'll be knocking them out in the first round)

Closed Thread