HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gonchar jumps ahead of Komisarik in ASG Voting

Old
12-27-2008, 05:44 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

vCash: 500
Gonchar jumps ahead of Komisarik in ASG Voting

As it stands at the moment, Gonchar is beating out Komisarek and is about 70,000 votes behind Markov.

http://fanballoting.nhl.com/leaders

Is this pretty stupid? Yes. But I'd be glad to see Mike Komisarek get bumped off the starting line-up. It's a bit of a moot point, because even if say Gonchar and Whitney were voted in as starters, neither of them would be eligible, and Markov is going to make it on the team in any case because he's been playing great.

Looking at the West:
Forwards: Kane, Toews, and Getzlaf (Glad to see the kids there)
Defensemen: Campbell and Lidstrom
Goaltender: Luongo and Giguere have been flip-flopping

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 05:48 PM
SticksnGolves*

Even as a Pens fans that seems wrong.

SticksnGolves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Komisarek as an ASG starter is absolutely disgusting but this isn't any better.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 06:20 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandinho View Post
Komisarek as an ASG starter is absolutely disgusting but this isn't any better.
Atleast though, if Gonchar is voted in and isn't elligible, then Markov will be voted in then all the other spots will be selected by the NHL. If that's the case, then I think they should send a different Penguins defenseman, why not Brooks Orpik? Leading the league in hits should count for something, right?

Old
12-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Being Gene Malkovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
Atleast though, if Gonchar is voted in and isn't elligible, then Markov will be voted in then all the other spots will be selected by the NHL. If that's the case, then I think they should send a different Penguins defenseman, why not Brooks Orpik? Leading the league in hits should count for something, right?
Markov and Streit should start. Other than that:

Timonen, Kaberle, Green and Kuba.

Goligoski will be at the YoungStars game (I'm guessing they will continue that) but he has done an amazing job so far (coughtradebaitcough).

Being Gene Malkovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Well. FUUUUUUUU-

Fordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

I guess from the standpoint that more worthy defensemen should get in, this is good.

Stupid, but good.

Jag68Sid87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 10:06 PM
AquaticBirdman

I'm personally not in favour of this at all. Granted, Komisarek definitely doesn't deserve to be there, but to me it's just embarrassing to see a guy that hasn't even played one game yet this season, and won't even be back in time for the ASG for that matter, end up getting voted to the starting line. What's worse is that the fools that actually voted for Sergei don't even realize that even if he does ended up winning he still won't be eligible to play in the game simply because you have to have played at least 20 games in order to be eligible!

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Being Gene Malkovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
I'm personally not in favour of this at all. Granted, Komisarek definitely doesn't deserve to be there, but to me it's just embarrassing to see a guy that hasn't even played one game yet this season, and won't even be back in time for the ASG for that matter, end up getting voted to the starting line. What's worse is that the fools that actually voted for Sergei don't even realize that even if he does ended up winning he still won't be eligible to play in the game simply because you have to have played at least 20 games in order to be eligible!
That is exactly the reason why I think voting for Gonchar/Whitney is a good idea.

They shouldn't have been on the ballot in the first place, so the NHL needs to learn a lesson.

Being Gene Malkovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Actually, EVERYBODY should be on the ballot nowadays. Everybody who was on a team's 23-man roster on opening night. Why not. These aren't physical ballots anymore. The ballot is cyberspace. Why not have everybody on there.

Write-in votes could be anyone called up since opening night.

Seems silly to me that if you're in a fantasy hockey league on just about any web-site, you could draft or pick up any player in the AHL, CHL, Europe, etc. but the all-star ballot has to be limited to a few players per position. Actually, forget silly. It's archaic.

Jag68Sid87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-skank View Post
That is exactly the reason why I think voting for Gonchar/Whitney is a good idea.

They shouldn't have been on the ballot in the first place, so the NHL needs to learn a lesson.
As a hab fan i cannot be more pissed obviously you guys, or some crazy nerds in pittsburgh probably voted like 250 000 times.. i would not be surprised at all.. but anyway.. as you said the NHL needs a lesson.. but i dont think they want a lesson, as most people in USA wouldnt be aware of that situation, at the end, i think the NHL doesnt care about the result of voting, other than promoting the Crosby vote record.. wich imo was a marketing technique.. but it is discusting to have Gonchar and Whitney probably getting in.. i mean come on.. shouldnt the NHL already block votes for those players.. why keep them in? i mean someone in the NHL must know how to count.. I mean it was stupid to put Komisarek there but at least he played all games required, is a fan favorite and know around the NHL being a speciality player with tremendous leadership..

anyway, congrats to you as it is clear the NHL wont make any changes to your votes, yet anaheim and montreal have cheated....

the problem with all this Montreal fans will make sure the NHL knows about the situation when they will call up the starters january 24th.

btw good game tonight, price played great better than Fleury

but crosby and malkin outplayed Kovy, Koivu and tanguay.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Midnight

Quote:
What's worse is that the fools that actually voted for Sergei don't even realize that even if he does ended up winning he still won't be eligible to play in the game simply because you have to have played at least 20 games in order to be eligible!
Actually, the fact that Gonchar isn't eligible is the main reason why people should vote for him. If he ends up as one of the top 2 vote getters on defense, then the league will select a replacement for him... and presumably they'd make a slightly more reasonable choice than all the ballot-stuffing fans.

Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2008, 11:52 PM
AK

I think I'd rather see Gonch out there with a cast on his arm than Komisarek.

But this really doesn't reflect well on us as Pens fans.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 12:17 AM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
As a hab fan i cannot be more pissed obviously you guys, or some crazy nerds in pittsburgh probably voted like 250 000 times.. i would not be surprised at all.. but anyway.. as you said the NHL needs a lesson.. but i dont think they want a lesson, as most people in USA wouldnt be aware of that situation, at the end, i think the NHL doesnt care about the result of voting, other than promoting the Crosby vote record.. which imo was a marketing technique.. but it is discusting to have Gonchar and Whitney probably getting in.. i mean come on.. shouldnt the NHL already block votes for those players.. why keep them in? i mean someone in the NHL must know how to count.. I mean it was stupid to put Komisarek there but at least he played all games required, is a fan favorite and know around the NHL being a speciality player with tremendous leadership..
This offends me. Not because of the dimwitted notion that the NHL bends the rules for Crosby but rather, as a marketer, because you think you know how marketing works.

Is say good day to you, sir. *throws cape*

Old
12-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Gooch

why cant people just grasp that this is because of the stupid text messaging vote and is in no way some dumb conspiracy where people are purposely selecting injured players to vote for...

For those who don't understand how the text vote works..

When you text "pens" to whatever number they give you it automatically casts a vote for all penguins players on the ballot, which include Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Whitney, and Gonchar.

That is the reason why you are seeing those with as many votes as they are getting, they are riding the Crosby and Malkin wave.

Gooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Ugene Malkin
Pens Bohemian Rhaps

Quote:
His play from last year, and getting ripped off all these years for not even being metioned in some of the top awards for what he is. at least in my mind makes it right! even if he does not make it what if he did play and still got rubbed out of the start up...or even go at all. Gonchar is not getting his due in my eyes...

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 12:14 PM
ej_pens

Send a message via AIM to ej_pens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
As a hab fan i cannot be more pissed obviously you guys, or some crazy nerds in pittsburgh probably voted like 250 000 times..
How the hell do you think Markov and Komisarek were there in the first place?

ej_pens is offline   Reply With Quote