HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

!EKLUND DISCLAIMER! "massive spezza deal being worked on"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2008, 04:09 PM
  #26
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Yes. Regehr and Langkow are huge leaders on this team. I really don't think the flames need to make a major move right now. We do face the Hawks and Sharks in the next week so it'll be interesting to see how we fare against them. Right now I think this flames team can play with them, but that may change after the games have been played.

And I actually don't really like your proposals either. First I don't see the point in bringing in Bouwmeester short term. If Sutter trades for him he better get him signed to an extension. With your proposal that's 5 guys (Iggy, Kipper, Spezza, Phaneuf and Bouwmeester) making big money. That's just to much of the cap spent on 5 players for a long time.
Infact, I would say Regehr - and I know I won't be popular with this statement - is a bigger leader in the dressing room than Iginla. Now, of course, I don't know what goes on amongst the players but Regehr always seems to be there calling out his team when things aren't looking so bright and sunny. Iginla's is a super nice guy so he won't always tell it like it is but Reggie's not like that.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 06:12 PM
  #27
saillias
Registered User
 
saillias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,937
vCash: 50
Time and time again Eklund's rumors and predictions are flat out wrong. For that reason Eklund is useful in determining what WON'T happen - guaranteed now that Regehr will never ever be traded for Spezza.

Also a good chance that neither Ottawa or Calgary are looking at Bouwmeester either.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
  #28
bam09
Registered User
 
bam09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Time and time again Eklund's rumors and predictions are flat out wrong. For that reason Eklund is useful in determining what WON'T happen - guaranteed now that Regehr will never ever be traded for Spezza.

Also a good chance that neither Ottawa or Calgary are looking at Bouwmeester either.
You need to stop looking at deals as if they are a given that it's going to happen.

Sutter quite possibly could have called about Spezza and Murray said Regehr and Lombo. Sutter rejects it, but a guy within the Sens says that's what was being discussed.

A lot of offers go under the table, we don't know about them.

I bet Sutter did call on a couple of players, but the price will be to high.

We are in the running for JayBo he's a Sutter type player from Alberta.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:20 PM
  #29
GoFlames
Registered User
 
GoFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
True enough but why does Eklund post this rumour three times... wierd. He posted again today kind of bizarre. If it was Heatley well that could be cool a Heatley - Cammy - Iginla line. Whatever just do not want to loose Regehr in the process and Ottawa needs a puck mover not a stay at home guy anyways it seems.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:55 PM
  #30
navarz
 
navarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/

navarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 01:02 AM
  #31
GoFlames
Registered User
 
GoFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by navarz View Post
Hahahah Lol!

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 04:05 AM
  #32
Johnny Canucker
Registered User
 
Johnny Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
As Per Eklund


Sundin to Rangers

Smyth resigns with Oilers

Gomez to Canucks

ALL ' E4 ' (which is basically a done deal)

WHY oh WHY do we still even look at his site? plus he's mentioned 5 teams that "may" be involved in this deal. I guess so, eventually someone has to be involved in this deal.

hes a joke. Its the equivalent of me making a website and just making stuff up.

Johnny Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 10:44 AM
  #33
GoFlames
Registered User
 
GoFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffCourtnall View Post
As Per Eklund


Sundin to Rangers

Smyth resigns with Oilers

Gomez to Canucks

ALL ' E4 ' (which is basically a done deal)

WHY oh WHY do we still even look at his site? plus he's mentioned 5 teams that "may" be involved in this deal. I guess so, eventually someone has to be involved in this deal.

hes a joke. Its the equivalent of me making a website and just making stuff up.

YEah he makes it all up, think I check it out from time to time cause maybe one day he might actually be onto something... how naive!

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 11:19 AM
  #34
Destroyko
Registered User
 
Destroyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Isn't Spezza exactly the type of player who Keenan repeatedly skull-****s, a la Tanguay?

Destroyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 11:23 AM
  #35
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyko View Post
Isn't Spezza exactly the type of player who Keenan repeatedly skull-****s, a la Tanguay?
Like him or hate him (Keenan) - he has shown the ability to get certain players to elevate their game to another level (ie., Roenick, Thornton, Jokinen, Naslund). That said, who really wants Spezza's contract?

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:05 AM
  #36
middletoe
Why am I me?
 
middletoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Like him or hate him (Keenan) - he has shown the ability to get certain players to elevate their game to another level (ie., Roenick, Thornton, Jokinen, Naslund). That said, who really wants Spezza's contract?
Agree on both accounts. As for getting Spezza to elevate his game, Keenan might not have enough time to get it done this year anyway. Some pretty bad habits to break in Spezza.


Last edited by middletoe: 01-14-2009 at 10:29 AM.
middletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 07:13 PM
  #37
BIGBADBLAINE
 
BIGBADBLAINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Spezza would definetly help out the Flames ES game which hasn't been great since their 2 top puck movers (Tangs and Juice) aren't around anymore. But if they can put up with one guy (Bert) with bad habits then why not one more!

BIGBADBLAINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 08:53 PM
  #38
jeremywilhelm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADBLAINE View Post
Spezza would definetly help out the Flames ES game which hasn't been great since their 2 top puck movers (Tangs and Juice) aren't around anymore. But if they can put up with one guy (Bert) with bad habits then why not one more!
uh, dont know where you've been for the last 2 months, but all we do is score at ES. Our PP isnt all that great.

jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 08:58 PM
  #39
mucca
Registered User
 
mucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
i personally want this rumour to die....

mucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 05:13 PM
  #40
BIGBADBLAINE
 
BIGBADBLAINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
uh, dont know where you've been for the last 2 months, but all we do is score at ES. Our PP isnt all that great.
My bad. I haven't been up to date on the stats lately.

BIGBADBLAINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.