HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another bad game by the Rangers, swedish article(translated)

Old
12-28-2008, 05:07 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcz View Post
Yes, many of them are not as good as Lundqvist, but your previous posts are about defence, not abilities of goaltenders.

How can YOU back up that he has it the hardest?

I watch NHL games every day so I can get the idea, especially when a czech player is involved.

BTW, Lundqvist is not playing his best hockey either and is not the best goalie in the NHL at the time, not even closely. He is rather average. He is more talented than others, but he is not showing it.
To be clear - our goaltending is the least problematic position, but that doesn't mean perfect.
Would you like to show us all where I said "Henrik Lundqvist has it the hardest in the NHL"? Please show me. I'm dying to see it.

Lundqvist hasn't been invincible, you're right. They're losing right now. Lundqvist was invincible the first 20 games of the season. They were winning then. Am I supposed to believe that is a coincidence? This isn't something we haven't known. A game in which Lundqvist isn't playing like Vezina candidate Lundqvist is a game the Rangers lose. That's an issue.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 05:46 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Is that speculation? Or is that information gathered from inside sources?

I'm curious to know.

I honestly think it would be a big mistake to fire Renney.

You throw a new coach on the NHL bench, and it disrupts the entire organization. The staff in Hartford run the same systems. It makes it a hell of a lot easier for the young guys to step in and contribute in the NHL.

The real problem with this team begins and ends with Gomez, Redden, Naslund, Drury, and Kalinin. There is simply not enough consistent effort from those guys.
For the longest time I was of that same opinion. However, I've seen too many signs that this team is tuning out the coaching staff! The poor execution on the pp, the total lack of passion, the inability of the team leaders to lead this team. Is it a coincidence that Gomez and Drury both played their best hockey playing for coaches that were tough disciplinarians? Renney maybe too nice of a guy and the team is tuning him out. People closer to the team are probably aware if this is the case. If so then either you change the core of the team itself or you make a change at the coaching level.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Maybe, but i really would like to see some of these guys shipped out and replaced with younger, cheaper players.

I guess if you are looking for an attempt at a quick fix for the NHL roster, then a new coaching staff could in theory work. It doesn't always. Look at Tampa Bay. Sometimes it really is the players, and the fact that they have no heart, no guts. Which i think is the real problem with the Rangers. I think the leadership group has no heart.

The other problem is, if you replace Renney now mid season. You have to have an organizational meeting, including the AHL coaching staff and management, and all get on the same page. And that is not an easy task, either.

It may look like the quick fix, but in the long run it is the change that takes the longest to adjust to for the organization.

After all, i like to consider the overall health of the organization, Hartford and the other affiliates included, is more important then the immediate fix of the NHL squad. Long term health over short term fix.

Id rather see some of these overpaid, no heart players like Gomez and Redden shipped out for peanuts in return, and then go from there. Look toward the draft. Try to get a couple of extra picks.
Are we discussing an actual NHL team here, or a fantasy team?

Are we building a team to win this year, or hording prospects to possibly win some years down the line?

Sure, if the goal of the organisation is to emulate Tampa Bay. Then the it's obvious, sell off all older players, load up on prospects and picks and tank for Tavares/Hedman.

But I think Ranger do have their target set a bit higher than emulating Tampa.

And if the current team wants to achieve something this year, then this team will have do play better.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote