HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time for Yannick Weber yet?

Old
12-28-2008, 10:47 PM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 1035
It's not uncommon for fans to look at a hole on the current squad and then look directly at the next best candidate to fill said hole. Weber has a booming point shot and would likely be an asset on the powerplay. On the other hand, that move would also likely hinder the young lad's development in all other facets of the game eventually shattering his confidence and usefulness in any way. That is why we watch and they manage.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreHab View Post
It's not uncommon for fans to look at a hole on the current squad and then look directly at the next best candidate to fill said hole. Weber has a booming point shot and would likely be an asset on the powerplay. On the other hand, that move would also likely hinder the young lad's development in all other facets of the game eventually shattering his confidence and usefulness in any way. That is why we watch and they manage.
I totally agree with you, but every player is different. When a young defenseman is hitting PPG ratio in the AHL in his rookie season, this means he might be able to be exposed to a higher level of play. I'm not saying right now, but a month or two more and he might be ready to for the big time.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
indeed in only recently started to feel what a good farm team with a good organisation can make to a kiddo, for exemple, all the call up seem to be doing fine when coming back from the AHL... why? is it because the system is better over there? is it because they are in full confidence and know what to do and when to do it? so manny things, but a the end.. the results are there.. we had Kostitsyns doing it we have dagostini, we had obyrne, we had chipchura, we had stewart i just hope that the problem is not on the way we work with our kids in the big club, maybe the best for Latendresse would have been to spent some time in the AHL..

I really ask myself that Question, if i say that is because i think after all the maybe its best for Weber to stay there at least a full season, so all those good habits IN A PRO league stick in him.. instead of vanishing with the big club after a great start... (i really feel he would be doing great first few games)

the talent is there.. i think its a perfect recipe of leaving him enough in the ahl but not too much.. as it could come delicious on the outside but raw inside after we have heating some slices.. or simply burned... with the permanent bad smell

I really like weber cant wait to see what he will do once full time with us.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Seems to be playing great. 9 points in his last 10 games including 4 goals and is +5 on the season.

Could help out the power play. Maybe replace Brisebois...
Points are not the issue with him, he needs to work on his defense and 1 on 1 coverage. No use bringing him up to only play 10-12 minutes a night mostly PP. He needs at least another half season AHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 01:46 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I totally agree with you, but every player is different. When a young defenseman is hitting PPG ratio in the AHL in his rookie season, this means he might be able to be exposed to a higher level of play. I'm not saying right now, but a month or two more and he might be ready to for the big time.
If you were to put together a list of success stories of first year pro defenseman at the NHL level, it's a short list.

There's a reason it's a short list.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 02:16 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Brisebois has been playing better than Bouillon..
what ?!

I think they are two difficult players to compare, because they are not playing the same role. Brisebois had a couple of good offensive moves on the pp since the start of the season, but nothing beyond what gorges could have done on the pp , imo.

The reason why brisebois has to play on the top 2 pair is because he can't tolerate the physical game, while being soft and very insecure defensively, which means that a donald brashear or any player with a bit of grit a a big ****ing ass laughs when brisebois comes over. Its not because he's a top 4 Dmen , we either play him on the 2nd pair and cross our fingers, or in the press box. He is a bargain at 700 k and serves his purpose relatively well (depth) since the start of the season, but he'd be an healthy scratch as soon as possible.

Now to say that because of that , he outplays bouillon ? in what aspects of the game exactly? offensively? yes , I admit , but please dont make it look as if brisebois was a vital part of the pp. On the other hand, in every defensive situation, I pick bouillon in a heartbeat over brisebois ... thats even without considering the hits, the grit and spirit he brings.

and the first pass ... oh lord Brisebois and his unconditionnal defense ... ''yes, he blows, but his first pass'' .... with all the tentative pseudo artistic horrible passes and decisions he makes all the time ... I don't know why one or two journalist and a couple of fans rate his first pass ala niedermayer. Its decent, but thats all .

bouillon can have a game or two where he's going to miss a couple of passes here and there, but his first pass is decent as well 95% of the time ... and he has something else to bring when he's not in his game, brisebois doesnt.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2008, 02:23 PM
smon

No point in bringing him up UNLESS the team is willing to live with his mistakes, of which there will be many.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote