HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Renney/Zherdev

Old
12-28-2008, 05:46 AM
NYRSinceBirth

vCash: 500
Renney/Zherdev

Just looking for some thoughts on the notion, nothing really sparked the question, just curious:

Does Tom Renney like/dislike Nikolai Zherdev?

I read through Sam's most recent blog, and he's talking about players being, simply, accountable (Ironic, no?). We know he has his favorites, Rozsival, Drury, etc, but could he be calling out a player like Zherdev in that post game?

I only ask because Z is one of the only bright spots of this team, and we never hear from him. It's hard to gauge where he's at with this team. We know Renney disliked his play at one point this season, benching him and all, but am I over analyzing this? Guys like Mara, Hank, even Naslund really love it here, and it shows. But Zherdev is more obscure. Any thoughts?

Don't turn this into a doomsday thread, there are enough of those (Or save it for the GDT).

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 05:56 AM
Chimp

If Renney holds Zherdev accountable in any way before the golden boys, with his favo captain Drury included, who has done nothing more than lead his team to epic suckiness, he should lose his job. Because then he's not a professional coach.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 07:19 AM
FLYLine24*

Zherdev wants to be creative, that is his game...its not exactly the most safest style but that hows he puts up the #s.

Unfortunately that is not Renney's game, and thus, Zherdev is benched more then anyone, even though he is the leading scoring, because he does not play Renney's "safe/defensive" style all the time.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 07:41 AM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Zherdev wants to be creative, that is his game...its not exactly the most safest style but that hows he puts up the #s.

Unfortunately that is not Renney's game, and thus, Zherdev is benched more then anyone, even though he is the leading scoring, because he does not play Renney's "safe/defensive" style all the time.
I figured that, but where does that take the relationship the two have? The way he's been playing it's a given that he needs to be resigned, we haven't had hands this fun to watch in a while. Plus no one on the team can touch his style, but, when the summer comes is signing him going to become a lesser priority, because of Tom? I wish Z would say something, or someone would say something, give us some insight to what everyone's place is/point of view is.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 08:16 AM
92hatchattack

Its simple. Renney is too much of a ***** to bench the senior players. He doesnt have the balls. So he picks on our young players when they make 1 mistake, instead of growing a set and benching players for the continuing glaring mistakes they make.

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 08:44 AM
ScottishRanger

Someone like Zherdev is an undoubted talent - we know that and I am sure that Tom Renney is perfectly aware of that. However, it makes sense for him to bench the younger players now and again - be it to give them a rest, or to give them a kick in the butt if their performance has dropped. The experienced players have all gone through this earlier in their careers.

ScottishRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post

Exactly. I am pretty sure that is why is doesn't like Prucha either.

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 11:21 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Renney should be thanking Nik. No way do we have the record we have without him. Even with Henrik, we'd be a .500 team at best without Z.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote