HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time To Get Back On Track, Eh! Canadiens Vs. Panthers

View Poll Results: Who will win tonight's Game, Eh?
Florida Panthers 14 35.00%
Montreal Canadiens 26 65.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
Time To Get Back On Track, Eh! Canadiens Vs. Panthers

Tonight your Florida Panthers take on the Montreal Canadiens, Eh! Game time at 7:30pm live from the Bank Atlantic Center!

TV: Live on RDS and Center Ice. No Local TV.

Radio: Listen Live to NHL Radio

Temperature at the drop of the puck:

Sunrise, Florida.: Confortable 72 degrees

Montreal, Canada.: Frigid 21 degrees

VS.

Expected Starting Goaltenders

Panthers

Craig Anderson
GPWLOTLGAASV%SO

VS.

Habs

Carey Price
GPWLOTLGAASV%SO

Standings

Florida:
WinsLossesOTL/SOLTotal Points

Montreal:
WinsLossesOTL/SOLTotal Points

Eastern Conference Standings:
RankTeamGPPts
1 * Boston3658
2 * Washington3749
3 * NYR3847
4 Philadelphia3645
5 Montreal3444
6 New Jersey3443
7 Pittsburgh3642
8 Buffalo3639
9 Carolina3739
10 Florida3537
11 Toronto3634
12 Ottawa3429
13 Tampa Bay3529
14 Atlanta3628
15 NYI3626

* = Division Leader

Team Leaders
Florida
PointsStephen Weiss20
GoalsDavid Booth14
AssistsStephen Weiss14
PIMNick Boynton50
GAACraig Anderson2.09
Save %Craig Anderson.941

Montreal
PointsAlexei Kovalev27
GoalsRobert Lang11
AssistsAndrei Markov21
PIMTom Kostopoulos41
GAACarey Price2.38
Save %Carey Price.920

Special Teams
Florida:
PP%PP RankPK%PK Rank
14.9%23rd83.2%8th

Montreal:
PP%PP RankPK%PK Rank
14.6%25th81.8%11th

Injuries
Montreal
PlayerPositionDate Of IncidentStatusInjury
S. KoivuCDec 12, 2008Injured ReserveLower-body Injury
M. DandenaultRWDec 6, 2008Injured ReserveBroken Arm
C. HigginsLWDec 10, 2008Injured ReserveUpper-body Injury

Panthers
PlayerPositionDate Of IncidentStatusInjury
K. KrepsCDec 27, 2008Day-to-DayShoulder Injury
J. CullimoreDDec 22, 2008Day-to-DayWrist
OleszLWDec 6, 2008Injured ReservePulled Groin
C. MurphyDOct 26, 2008Injured ReserveStrained Shoulder
B. AllenDOct 16, 2008Injured ReserveLeft Knee Surgery

Red Hot Cat Of The NightMichael Frolik, who has 4 goals and 8 assists in the last 13 games.
Baby Jagr is beginning to show us flashes of why he was once projected to be the 2006 first overall pick.

Player Quotes

Comments After Saturday's Game:

Quote:
“It’s very disappointing because we were playing well before the (Christmas) break, we’ll regroup, and get back on the horse.” Bryan McCabe

Quote:
“Just overall, it was a pretty weak effort,” Jay Bouwmeester

Quote:
"You know just uh, it doesn't really matter who your playing against, it's just another sweater. and we gotta worry about uh, you know how we're playing not about the other team." Craig Anderson

Click link below to see Anderson's full interview:
http://panthers.nhl.tv/team/console....id=29215&tab=5

Quote:
Good teams find a way that uh, you know 2 game losing streaks don't turn into 4-5 or 6 game losing streaks, so we want this to end as quickly as possible and get back on track.” Peter Deboer

Click link below for Coach Deboer's full interview:
http://panthers.nhl.tv/team/console....id=29214&tab=5

My personal comments:
Quote:
"We cannot afford to be outshot 20-3 in any period if we want to be competetive and want our goalie fresh for the whole game. We need to be more aggressive and take the play to the opposing team. Oh, and it would also help if Koharski is not a ref in tonights game. Beezer

Primary Target

Andrei Kostitsyn is the primary target after getting a Hat Trick on Saturday against the Pens.

ToughnessCats need to show they still have toughness by finishing their checks and getting in the habs faces if they don't want to get pushed around for a third straight game..

I Still Believe!!!!

Let's Go Panthers!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Anderson.jpg‎ (8.2 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg Price.jpg‎ (8.4 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg Frolik profile.jpg‎ (9.1 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by Beezer: 12-29-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old
12-29-2008, 03:22 AM
Cyrrus147

Hey great GDT !

Old
12-29-2008, 04:55 AM
canadashawn

Huge home/ROAD game for us. They must get a couple goals early to keep the visiting crowd quiet. This game is 100% sold out including standing room, and it will be great if we can take 2 points and get back on the horse.

Solid goaltending/stick to the program/NO STUPID PENALTIES!

Old
12-29-2008, 08:17 AM
harv3317

great video. i believe.
we need this one!!!!!!!!

GGGGGGOOOOOO CCCCCAAAAATTTTTSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Old
12-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Love the video, love the GDT, thank you. Should be a highly entertaining, high-energy game.

Old
12-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Acadmus
retired mod

Go Panthers!! I have no faith in you, but I'll root for you until the day I die (which is never going to happen, btw, so all of you here better get that notion out of your heads).

Good job picking up the ball and running with it on the GDT, Beezer

Old
12-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Montsy14

Just WIN.

....that is all.

Old
12-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Hey great GDT !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Love the video, love the GDT, thank you. Should be a highly entertaining, high-energy game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
Go Panthers!! I have no faith in you, but I'll root for you until the day I die (which is never going to happen, btw, so all of you here better get that notion out of your heads).

Good job picking up the ball and running with it on the GDT, Beezer
Thanks for the compliments guys! Panthers Rock can sleep better at night knowing he has 2 guys in Pb1300 & Myself who can pinch hit for him if need be.

Last edited by Beezer: 12-29-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old
12-29-2008, 10:19 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
great gdt!

Wait, so there's no English tv for this game? Stupid fsn.

Old
12-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

So? Learn a new language! Consider this an opportunity!

Old
12-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
great gdt!

Lol I know, it pretty much sucks. I'm probably gonna watch the game on mute and have the radio on. Its either that or hear, "zillibooouuu!!!!!!!!".

Old
12-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
its "et le but!!!"

yea i speak french .

Old
12-29-2008, 11:45 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

unfortunately my Internet radio is always behind by a few seconds. Any have and suggestions?

Old
12-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
probabley going to have to deal... I have the same problem sometimes.

Old
12-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I was detached from the internet while visiting the family for Christmas, but wanted to say a few things.

1) Vokoun sucked in the first game against Tampa. I was at the game and 2 of the 3 goals were complete softies. I was disappointed to see him get the start the following night. I only saw the first period of the game in Tampa and I wouldn't blame Vokoun for either of the two goals -- just Koharski for continuing to be a horrible excuse for an official.

2) I wish Anderson could have stopped a single shot in the shootout because for once our forwards did their job and scored.

3) Why wasn't delay of game called when the Tampa player knocked the puck out of play off McCabe's shot that hit the crossbar?

4) Our lack of a top line forward might not be evident 5-on-5 because we are able to create chances, but does anyone else agree that on the powerplay it is painfully evident that we need an elite forward? When guys like Campbell, Zednik and McLean are out there, they often ruin anything that we have setup. Of all the forwards we have only Weiss, Frolik, Stillman, Horton and Booth should be on the powerplay. One forward away from being able to have two legitimate forward PP lines. Thoughts?

Old
12-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Acadmus
retired mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I was detached from the internet while visiting the family for Christmas, but wanted to say a few things.

1) Vokoun sucked in the first game against Tampa. I was at the game and 2 of the 3 goals were complete softies. I was disappointed to see him get the start the following night. I only saw the first period of the game in Tampa and I wouldn't blame Vokoun for either of the two goals -- just Koharski for continuing to be a horrible excuse for an official.
I will hazard a guess that PDB wanted to see if Vokoun would bounce back the next night and the first game was a fluke.

But why he left Vokoun in for all 6 goals against is beyond me, let alone the whole game, especially when the margin climbed to 6-3. Don't know what point he was trying to make.

Old
12-29-2008, 01:19 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post

2) I wish Anderson could have stopped a single shot in the shootout because for once our forwards did their job and scored.

3) Why wasn't delay of game called when the Tampa player knocked the puck out of play off McCabe's shot that hit the crossbar?

4) Our lack of a top line forward might not be evident 5-on-5 because we are able to create chances, but does anyone else agree that on the powerplay it is painfully evident that we need an elite forward? When guys like Campbell, Zednik and McLean are out there, they often ruin anything that we have setup. Of all the forwards we have only Weiss, Frolik, Stillman, Horton and Booth should be on the powerplay. One forward away from being able to have two legitimate forward PP lines. Thoughts?
1) Vokoun didn't get any better the rest of the game. I'm not liking this 2 shuouts 2 bad games thing. Spread the GA out over the 4 games! He looks lost out there sometimes, and then other times he's unbeatable. I wonder what is up with his psyche.

2) Andy is not good for shootouts. I remember them showing a replay from an angle coming up towards the goaltender, and Andy had so many freaking holes it was ridiculous. His five hole had two states in between it, and of course the player scored five-hole.

3) Because we're the Panthers. The refs were crap for both teams, but that one WAS an actual penalty, unlike the other 80% called.

4) You speak the truth my friend. It's scary how evident the fact is. We need to acquire someone soon, because Olesz is simply not going to be able to fill that role (well maybe but it sure doesn't look that way). He's also been out for a while with an injury (AGAIN). He's so fragile.

We need to see who's out there. I'd prefer a centerman. Booth-Weiss-Frolik, Stillman-xxxxx-Horton. Who could fill that role that would be available?

Upcoming FA:

Brendan Morrison
Mike Cammalleri
Martin Havlat
Johan Franzen
Erik Cole
Brian Gionta
Mike Comrie
Dough Weight
Steven Reinprecht
Andy McDonald
Viktor Kozlov

They're not all centers but these are guys who could be pried away, some harder then others but who knows. I don't know how much longer this team can score 3 goals a game for and keep winning.

Old
12-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
great gdt!

Alright let me give some keywords for tonight...

If they say....et le but !!!! it means that a team just scored.

But hey let go for some sentences who might look a little more complex...

If Benoit Brunet says....Je n'veux pas avoir l'air d'avoir un parti pris mais les arbitres ce soir n'font pas leur travail it mean....refs sucks tonight

If Benoit Brunet says....Price m'semble avoir de la misère à contrôler ses rebonds it mean....Price sucks even if he get a shutout...

If Benoit Brunet says...Guillaume est le meilleur joueur du Canadien ce soir !!! it mean....well forget this one, Latendresse is just as bad as always but they don't want to hurt his feeling.

If Benoit Brunet says...Je veux pas être négatif mais... it mean he s about to bash any players who isn't a 4th line grinder.

If you don't understand what he s saying...don't worry even me who has french as his first language doesn't understand everything this guy is saying...

In fact just put your TV at mute and listen to CKAC...

Have a good game !

Old
12-29-2008, 02:45 PM
zeroG

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
I will hazard a guess that PDB wanted to see if Vokoun would bounce back the next night and the first game was a fluke.

But why he left Vokoun in for all 6 goals against is beyond me, let alone the whole game, especially when the margin climbed to 6-3. Don't know what point he was trying to make.
yeah, he said that he would've done the same for andy. at some point, making a guy sit for 2 weeks because he has a subpar game gets a little old for these guys. not every game is going to be golden; it's a grind and some nights you're just not going to be as sharp. getting the chance to get back in there and forget about last night's game is a good thing. it didn't work out but i don't think the bulk of the blame belongs to vokoun. as PDB said in his interviews, the team just didn't bring its typical battle and let TB dictate the style. the result was a style that we're much less effective playing. it was very similar to the vancouver game, actually. that's not vokoun's fault, regardless of how he played. much like the vancouver game wasn't andy's fault, despite what some here say.

considering the fact the team just played 2 fantastic games in a row in front of him, i also think it's pretty ridiculous for some to trot out the same old worn out lines about vokoun. like some others have posted, it really was just a lousy couple of team games. they have to get back to what they were doing successfully and the Ws will come. i believe they will.

i feel a little tepid about tonight though. could be a tight game, i'm feeling something like 3-1, 3-2 for montreal. as long as the team game is there (or signs pointing to a return to a strong team game are there), we'll be OK, though, regardless of the outcome.

Old
12-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Rockaway Rob
aka blackpanthers

Quote:
unfortunately my Internet radio is always behind by a few seconds. Any have and suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
probabley going to have to deal... I have the same problem sometimes.
If you have a DVR, you can pause the TV signal and try to sync it up with the internet radio feed.

Old
12-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpanthers View Post
If you have a DVR, you can pause the TV signal and try to sync it up with the internet radio feed.
Very good idea, I think I'll try that.

Old
12-29-2008, 04:18 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Alright let me give some keywords for tonight...

If they say....et le but !!!! it means that a team just scored.

But hey let go for some sentences who might look a little more complex...

If Benoit Brunet says....Je n'veux pas avoir l'air d'avoir un parti pris mais les arbitres ce soir n'font pas leur travail it mean....refs sucks tonight

If Benoit Brunet says....Price m'semble avoir de la misère à contrôler ses rebonds it mean....Price sucks even if he get a shutout...

If Benoit Brunet says...Guillaume est le meilleur joueur du Canadien ce soir !!! it mean....well forget this one, Latendresse is just as bad as always but they don't want to hurt his feeling.

If Benoit Brunet says...Je veux pas être négatif mais... it mean he s about to bash any players who isn't a 4th line grinder.

If you don't understand what he s saying...don't worry even me who has french as his first language doesn't understand everything this guy is saying...

In fact just put your TV at mute and listen to CKAC...

Have a good game !
Je vois que toi aussi tu sembles apprécier le travail de Brunet en tant qu'analyste

Amenez-nous Dany Dubé à RDS S.V.P.!! Quel bouffon ce Benoit Brunet!

Old
12-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

FSN isn't the reason the game's only in French (doesn't Montreal have an English feed?), it the VS crap back to haunt us...again!

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...ch-connec.html

Great job on the GDT, bud...I can see all the pictures.

Last edited by Laus723: 12-29-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old
12-29-2008, 05:47 PM
HabsDood

Meh ignorant, it's actually a comfy 32 in Montreal

Old
12-29-2008, 05:54 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
Meh ignorant, it's actually a comfy 32 in Montreal

That's streaking weather.

Edit: or skinny-dipping weather for the more bashful.

Closed Thread