HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouwmeester or Komisarek?

View Poll Results: Who do you prefer?
Bouwmeester 20 32.26%
Komisarek 42 67.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-23-2008, 07:59 PM
habs1993

vCash: 500
Bouwmeester or Komisarek?

Lets say Bob gets Bouwmeester to our Habs and he has a realistic chance to sign Jay or Komisarek but he can only sign one of them...

Who would you choose Bouwmeester or Komisarek?

habs1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 08:02 PM
sundaystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1993 View Post
Lets say Bob gets Bouwmeester to our Habs and he has a realistic chance to sign Jay or Komisarek but he can only sign one of them...

I would keep both if possible and trade hamrlik.

sundaystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

If we have to end up choosing between them, we shouldn't trade for J-Bo in the first place

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

As much as I love Komo, he's not in Bouwmeester's category. I'm hoping that if we got Bouwmeester, we could re-sign both!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Etienne

Komo. I'm not saying he's a better hockey player than Bouwmeester, but what he brings to the team is just as necessary as skill and we have virtually no one to replace him. Shutdown D have been underrated and especially undervalued since the lockout. You just can't let the top hitting, top shotblocking blueliner walk away like that, and I'm not even getting into his leadership and dedication for his teammates.

Besides, J-Bo will get Campbell-like money. The guy is just 24 and he's already #1 material (something I feel a lot of people forget, but I'm sure his agent won't). If anything, like sundaystar said, we should replace Hamrlik.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 08:29 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
J-Bo no brainer

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 08:35 PM
wedge

that would be painful... Bouwmeester will be awesome when he'll have a chance to play for a good team. I love Komisarek but Bouwmeester brings more. It would really hurt to see Komisarek leave as he brings so much leadership and great defense. aaaaaarg

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Magic33

Komi is great, but as someone said, he is not on the same page as J-Bo. I would therefore take J-Bo.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Kriss E

J-Bo has a lot more upside to his game. So I'd chose him on my team before Komi.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 08:57 PM
GoldenForum

If there is ONE trade I would like Bob to make it's for J-Bo, particularly if he can do it without forsaking Max-Pac or McDonaugh. J-Bo is a franchise defenseman...and he hasn't even entered the prime of his career. He is going to get that much better over the next 5 years.

The thought of:
Komi-Markov
J-Bo-Hamrlik
Gorges and whoever
(the whoever would barely need to play with all the other 5 capable of 25+ minutes/game)

Now that is a Stanley Cup D, for this season and many to come.

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:00 PM
superstar436

Not hard : JBO is in another class compared to komi

That being said I would trade for J-BO and sign long term. Then I would trade Markov for a young cman like Jordan staal.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Mustafa*

Like someone said, if you have to chosse between the two maybe you shouldn't have traded in the first place. But Komo is a captain, a beast and an incredebly intelligent player, it's not a trade of J-Bo or Komo, the question is: Is it possible for the Habs to loose such a guy? No? then let J-Bo go if we traded for him, he was just a rental.

Both Markov and Hammer have NTC.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
Not hard : JBO is in another class compared to komi

That being said I would trade for J-BO and sign long term. Then I would trade Markov for a young cman like Jordan staal.
That would be quite dumb. When you look at what Streit got, Souray, Rivet, Campbell..
Markov is a steal at his salary. You don't trade a player that agreed to resign for much cheaper than he'd get on open market.

If you'd trade Markov it'd also would make our D pretty similar to what it is today, except a little bit bigger.

Markov is a keeper for so many reasons.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:24 PM
lou4gehrig

This thread should be locked. What could can come of debating our current core player with somebody on another team?

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:35 PM
superstar436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That would be quite dumb. When you look at what Streit got, Souray, Rivet, Campbell..
Markov is a steal at his salary. You don't trade a player that agreed to resign for much cheaper than he'd get on open market.

If you'd trade Markov it'd also would make our D pretty similar to what it is today, except a little bit bigger.

Markov is a keeper for so many reasons.
Not really dumb when you think that we have no real future at center. We keep on turning around and around and we never really improved. In my mind this team will not get passed the 1st round, and if they do, no way will they get passed the second.Pleks and maxwell are your best candidates to be a 1-2 in the middle since Koivu best days are behind him. Both are 2nd line players and when it will get tough, good luck !
In the last 10 years we have not had a real 1st line cman, and a big one is needed in terms of size. By getting J-BO and trading markov you will get that real 1st line cman that we have been looking for. Basically, this is a fix for missing on Carter, Getzlaf, Parise ( small but .... ), Berglund and others. You don't get better, but you don't get worst at defence. However, you have improved on offense

Do you still think it is dumb.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:43 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
Not really dumb when you think that we have no real future at center. We keep on turning around and around and we never really improved. In my mind this team will not get passed the 1st round, and if they do, no way will they get passed the second.Pleks and maxwell are your best candidates to be a 1-2 in the middle since Koivu best days are behind him. Both are 2nd line players and when it will get tough, good luck !
In the last 10 years we have not had a real 1st line cman, and a big one is needed in terms of size. By getting J-BO and trading markov you will get that real 1st line cman that we have been looking for. Basically, this is a fix for missing on Carter, Getzlaf, Parise ( small but .... ), Berglund and others. You don't get better, but you don't get worst at defence. However, you have improved on offense

Do you still think it is dumb.
I would actually think hard about trading Markov this offseason if he has another bad playoff. Great regular season player, but come the postseason not only does he not raise his game, it actually drops.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:44 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Komisarek

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
This thread should be locked. What could can come of debating our current core player with somebody on another team?
This thread is based on speculations that Gainey is looking for a top 4 defenseman and since Bouwmeester is the big name likely available, members discuss that possibility taking it one step further in comparing him to Komo, who's also scheduled to become a UFA.

Judging by the responses here, it's not too far fetched and it's drawing some interest, so why lock it? Because you don't like it? We should then lock the entire section about trade rumours as well, right, as it's also talking about players who aren't with the said teams?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1993 View Post

I would keep them both and let both Tanguay and Kovalev walk.

Or sign them both and deal Hamrlik.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Erika

Jay Bouwmeester, not really close !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 10:40 PM
WeezyHabFan

As much love as I have for Mike I think it's just a no brainer to go with the younger, faster, and more skillful Bouwmeester. He's got more NHL games under his belt with way more points.

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
They both take a pay cut to play here

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

a trade Hammer.

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 01:14 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I would actually think hard about trading Markov this offseason if he has another bad playoff. Great regular season player, but come the postseason not only does he not raise his game, it actually drops.
I know injuries aren't a valid excuse but didn't he have a busted shoulder?

Sined is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2008, 01:48 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
I know injuries aren't a valid excuse but didn't he have a busted shoulder?
I don't know what the injury was exactly, but I do know he was hurt. I would have understood his poor performance if it was left at that. But he went on to play for Russia in the World Championships and played well for them, that's what irked me.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote