HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposal

Old
02-07-2009, 06:41 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Trade proposal

I stopped doing these a long time, since most of them are fruitless exercises anyway. And, maybe this is just the end result of my complete dissatisfaction with the "leadership" of this squad. But, as everybody knows, unless Sather finds a way to move out some of the bloated contracts that are being paid to players who simply do not warrant being paid like franchise players, unless the Rangers get extremely lucky in their drafts, they won't have access to elite players. So here goes -

Gomez to LA for Handzus and an '09 2nd round pick. The Kings add $3.357 million in salary, and in 2012-3, Gomez' actual salary is down to $5.5 million. The Rangers clear out $3.357 million and one of the excess 2nd line centers, and Handzus gives the Rangers a legitimate 3rd line center, who comes off the books in two years, while adding a high 2nd round pick.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 12:49 PM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
I'd prolly do this trade. It give the Rangers 2 second rounders (possibly a 3rd depending on how that whole Cherepanov compensation pick turns out) which means the rangers could do a buncha moves at the draft. They could trade 2 of 3 2nds in exchange for another mid level 1st pick. Or trade their first and one of 2nds for a high first. Or they can even just keep everything and stack up the farm which is also very good. Either way it gives the Rangers a lot of wiggle room for this draft.

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 01:06 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Any trade that involves Scott Gomez leaving this team is a great proposal. Scott Gomez for nothing? Done deal.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 01:42 PM
ManicSubsidal15

id trade Gomez for a 3rd straight up haha

Old
02-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

not bad, i actually like this alot

handzus is manageable. he's a big guy and could be a solid veteran to have around. LA's got 12 million in cap space too.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 03:40 PM
In The Flesh

I love this.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 03:43 PM
bubba5

I this with the No-Trade in effect or without?

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 03:47 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
I this with the No-Trade in effect or without?
Gomez has a limited NTC. Supposedly, he gives the Rangers three teams each year that he can refuse a trade to...it's why I think he'll be the easier overpaid $7 million 2nd line center to deal.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 04:05 PM
ThirdEye

It's too bad really, because Gomez is absolutely perfect as a second line center, but when asked upon to carry a top line he's pretty mediocre at it. If we had a legit first line center this team would be that much better, but obviously that's a big piece of the puzzle that's missing

If Gomez had even a guy like Cammalleri to work with he wouldn't get nearly as much flak. Naslund by himself is just about useless, and Callahan is playing over his head. It's a tough position to be in for Gomez really. It's not his fault Sather gave him so much money expecting him to just magically add another dimension to his game. Same can be said for Drury. Oh well

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 04:51 PM
funky

Would never happen from L.A's side. Gomez has a contract that is unmoveable. He is a second line center with limited defence. His point production is not worth his contract. He is selfish with the puck and looses it time after time trying to ruch the puck up the ice. He is undersized but has great wheels.

Handzus is a rare big bodied defensive shut down center that can still put a few in. He is overpaid but at 4 million and only years left it is not a contract that will break the bank. His work ethic is top notch and is a valuable lead by example player.

L.A has the prospects, picks, young players, and vets to make a move for a true top notch center such as Spezza or Vinnie. If a contract has to go out it would probably be Stoll's.

Unfortunatly, and I feel bad for Ranger fans, Sather is your G.M. The man got lucky in the ealy years with the Oilers but has failed as a G.M since the 90's. Gomez and Redden are some of the worst contracts in NHL history. Holik (Sather's) , Drury, and Rosie's are not far behind.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 05:10 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I stopped doing these a long time, since most of them are fruitless exercises anyway. And, maybe this is just the end result of my complete dissatisfaction with the "leadership" of this squad. But, as everybody knows, unless Sather finds a way to move out some of the bloated contracts that are being paid to players who simply do not warrant being paid like franchise players, unless the Rangers get extremely lucky in their drafts, they won't have access to elite players. So here goes -

Gomez to LA for Handzus and an '09 2nd round pick. The Kings add $3.357 million in salary, and in 2012-3, Gomez' actual salary is down to $5.5 million. The Rangers clear out $3.357 million and one of the excess 2nd line centers, and Handzus gives the Rangers a legitimate 3rd line center, who comes off the books in two years, while adding a high 2nd round pick.
Just what the Rangers need, yet another 3rd line forward. If there is ever a contest for which team has the most 3rd line forwards we're gold.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:47 PM
fourhole

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Gomez has a limited NTC. Supposedly, he gives the Rangers three teams each year that he can refuse a trade to...it's why I think he'll be the easier overpaid $7 million 2nd line center to deal.
Like your proposal. Do it more often. If we had to take salary back,
they might add preissing to the deal.

Old
02-07-2009, 11:35 PM
ManicSubsidal15

I have a quick question involving NTC's/NMC's. Let's say for example Gomez or any other player signs a 5 year deal with a full no trade. Year 3 kicks in and the GM wants to trade him and he decides to waive the NTC. When years 4 and 5 happen, does he still have that NTC back? Or is it a use it once and it's gone type of thing?

Old
02-07-2009, 11:59 PM
McRanger23

Def do this, for Pretty much all the same reason Manic gave. If only you were are GM and not that tomato faced moron Sather.

McRanger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:27 AM
isles20*

good deal

isles20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 12:46 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

sounds good and I doubt Gomez put LA on his list. He has a house out there supposedly. It helps us out cap-wise. It'd be nice to get more out of him. I still think Vancouver might trade with us in the offseason when they get as far away from Sundin as they can. ESPECIALLY if they fail to resign the Sendins. They would probably be pretty desperate.

Handzus would be a good 3rd line center but in right now, Dubinsky is a 3rd line center and Drury is a 2nd line center so we're left with a 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th and no 1st line center in sight. I seriously doubt Anisimov shows up next season as our Russian Messiah, although I can't wait for a Grachev-Anisimov-Zherdev trio.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote