HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Anyone have good BERNIE PARENT photos?

Old
12-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Xccelerant

vCash: 500
Anyone have good BERNIE PARENT photos?

Anyone have any good BERNIE PARENT photos? Preferably high Res, making a save or ready to? Can't find anything good on the web.

Thanx!!!

Xccelerant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Mojopin

Here you go...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bernie Parent 2.jpg‎ (199.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Bernie Parent.jpg‎ (217.2 KB, 13 views)

Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Xccelerant

Ah sweet Mojopin!!!!! The first one is awesome, just need a net and it might work pretty good. Have any were he is turned more to the shot?

Looking to get cracking on some great hockey players for the collection
http://www.xccelerant.com/RSL

Old
12-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xccelerant View Post
Ah sweet Mojopin!!!!! The first one is awesome, just need a net and it might work pretty good. Have any were he is turned more to the shot?

Looking to get cracking on some great hockey players for the collection
http://www.xccelerant.com/RSL
Here's a couple I have...

Your work is amazing. Especially being watercolor. That's a medium I just can't tackle. I dabble with colored pencil, pen and ink...and very occasionally acrylic.
I tried the Bernie one from above.....

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 12:05 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post

Your work is amazing. Especially being watercolor. That's a medium I just can't tackle. I dabble with colored pencil, pen and ink...and very occasionally acrylic.
I tried the Bernie one from above.....

That came out real nice

Cant say Im any good, when I was in Middle School I did a picture of Beezer and Boucher which wasnt half bad, ill see if i cant find that and post it.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
That came out real nice
Thanks!

Old
12-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Xccelerant

Jules thanks for the compliment. I wish I could look at my own artwork and not see mistakes, and things I would change. Call it the artists curse.

Your Parent is a great piece!!! It's a tough pose, Parent looks a little awkward, (limbs going in all directions) but you were able to pull it off.
Great job!

It's funny I started with watercolor just because it's what I had lying around. But it is a pain in the a$$. I usually have to add color to an area over and over and over to get it right. And there are times when an area is wet and looks good, but then dries and looks to light, and vice versa. Had to learn patience using it. lol

Old
12-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Jules thanks for the compliment. I wish I could look at my own artwork and not see mistakes, and things I would change. Call it the artists curse.

Your Parent is a great piece!!! It's a tough pose, Parent looks a little awkward, (limbs going in all directions) but you were able to pull it off.
Great job!

It's funny I started with watercolor just because it's what I had lying around. But it is a pain in the a$$. I usually have to add color to an area over and over and over to get it right. And there are times when an area is wet and looks good, but then dries and looks to light, and vice versa. Had to learn patience using it. lol
I feel exactly the same way. It definitely is a curse!! Your patience is paying off...and hopefully, in more ways than one!

Old
12-31-2008, 01:02 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:

Great job!

Ive been told true artists arent true artists if they are ever 100% happy with their work. I used to be a musician, and Im never pleased when i hear my music played back, its ALWAYS missing something. It drives me insane.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Xccelerant

Jules-Nah, it's a personal thing. I had a small company offer to sell prints and split revenue on them but they reneged on so many items in the contract, I B.S.'d them until I got all my scans back then canceled everything. It's more of a personal thing, just trying to capture the greats of the game and get them to sign them. Almost all of them have been signed, only a few haven't. It's now kind of a life goal.

Drizzle-I know what you mean. There is always something missing or something that could've been done differently. Also drives me insane. At times I kinda enjoy having them signed because there comes a point when I must stop, usually with a few minutes to spare before I must drive to a signing, and just accept it is what it is. If you look my baseball section I have two Bob Feller's in there. I actually did three but hated the first, just kept laboring over it, then I did a second one (not the one on top, the second one) and again it still wasn't right. So with one night to go I tried one more time and that's the first one in the list. Feller was signing for free so I took the last two. The first one I did sits in my map chest and reminds me to shelve any ego.

Old
12-31-2008, 01:55 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
There is an official Bernie Parent web site that may be of assistance:

http://bernieparent.net/blog/photos

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote