HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12Ottawa Senators @ 8Edmonton Oilers - 10:00 PM SNet E & W

Old
12-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Alfredsson11

vCash: 500
Does anybody else think that Lee could be being showcased....Well if he is, his value has increased as he has looked really good the last 3 games..

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 08:45 AM
Papa Lazarou*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Never watched the game. Fell asleep.

Glad to hear they won. Won't get my hopes up, but hopefully this is the start to a great streak.

Hey a lady SENS fan.

How you doin'?

Papa Lazarou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Papa Lazarou*

Dammit, blanked.

I will die alone.

Josie Grossie
Brandi

Old
12-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred West View Post
Hey a lady SENS fan.

How you doin'?
Me doin' great.

You're a rookie

Nice.

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Razlo
#peskysens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Me doin' great.

You're a rookie

Nice.

BURN!!!

Razlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Liliaceae
Sens ❤

A win!

Quote:
Sweet! I show up and we start winning. No need to thank me all at once.

Liliaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 10:08 AM
umma gumma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangu View Post
And I do not have an axe to grind with Picard. But clearly some people can't recognize a poor play, so I pointed them out. Evidence does make an argument more legitimate. Its too bad its not used more often around.
Has your post count doubled from October to now? There has been enough poor play since the start of the season from every player on this team.

But posting evidence for every bad play each player makes would take way too long. If you don't care about your post count then it's easier if you just stick with one guy. Good move.

umma gumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Constantine
In hoc signo vinces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn00 View Post
This is a game we will win
Told ya.

Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 10:52 AM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

When the team is like this, the lows are not as disappointing but neither are the highs as exhilarating.

I'm glad we won, don't get me wrong, but despite the team working their collective ***** off, they still didn't really manage to take control of an Edmonton team that looked inept and definitely playing below potential and without Hemsky in the lineup. (How many turnovers? Granted, some of that is due to Ottawa's pressure, but still...)

High Points:

-work ethic of Spezza, Donovan, Phillips, Foligno in particular, the rest of the team in general.
-powerplay finally started to click a bit with Lee and Picard on the points - GET FISHER OFF THE POINT NOW!

Low Points:

-Alfredsson pulls a Spezza-move of his own in front of his own net, Gerber fails to bail out the team.
-Gerber was shaky. At one point, he was facing the wrong way as if he didn't know the puck was in the slot and not in the circles. He was very very lucky in general IMHO.
-Fisher and Vermette's offensive struggles continue, particularly at even-strength. A few good shifts, but we need some goals. (I'll grant Antoine's move and pass to Lee was decent)

Nice to end that road losing streak, but with the Big Line providing virtually all of the creative even-strength offense again, we're pretty much still at Point A.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Bloggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
- GET FISHER OFF THE POINT NOW!
Can it be more apparent?

Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 11:23 AM
Papa Lazarou*

Anybody here get excited at that 4 on 2 and then realize Fisher was the puck-carrier, and then settle down?

Old
12-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

I can't stand this team winning. I know that the thinking becomes: "they one a game, they are back", but in reality, it was only one win and they are the same team. Stupid effing winning. I don't want to get stuck in the Leafs conundrum.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 12:55 PM
SENSfreak_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexytime Explosion View Post
I can't stand this team winning. I know that the thinking becomes: "they one a game, they are back", but in reality, it was only one win and they are the same team. Stupid effing winning. I don't want to get stuck in the Leafs conundrum.
maybe we should ask the lions on advice on losing then

SENSfreak_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Answer

Quote:
Anybody here get excited at that 4 on 2 and then realize Fisher was the puck-carrier, and then settle down?
Yeah, real funny kid. Maybe you didn't realize he made a nice pass to Ruutu who clearly missed the damn net..

Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 05:00 PM
collapsethelung

Hartsburg: Put Picard on the 1st unit PP in place of Fisher! You'd have to be blind to see that it isn't working. Fisher is not a point man.

collapsethelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 04:05 PM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

If hitting the glass behind the net earned you a goal, Fisher would be the front runner for the Rocket Richard trophy.

Old
01-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
I really hope Auld starts the next game. Gerber was very shaky.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 05:43 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Quote:
If hitting the glass behind the net earned you a goal, Fisher would be the front runner for the Rocket Richard trophy.
hehe thats funny NyQuil. I see what you did here, you took an old cliche and repeated it. Good one. Just checking this particular game you are commenting on, and the stats say Fisher had one shot that missed the net. Wow that Missed Shot Rocket Richard trophy must be getting close.

You wouldnt know from reading NyQuils comment that Fishers game in that regard has been improving lately. But then im guessing NyQuils post wasnt meant as much to enlighten with honesty, as to try and reinforce a long held position?

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Fyodor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkwild View Post
hehe thats funny NyQuil. I see what you did here, you took an old cliche and repeated it. Good one. Just checking this particular game you are commenting on, and the stats say Fisher had one shot that missed the net. Wow that Missed Shot Rocket Richard trophy must be getting close.

You wouldnt know from reading NyQuils comment that Fishers game in that regard has been improving lately. But then im guessing NyQuils post wasnt meant as much to enlighten with honesty, as to try and reinforce a long held position?
But 1 goal per game WILL land you the RR

Fyodor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 06:38 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
I really hope Auld starts the next game. Gerber was very shaky.
But he got a win. Something Auld didn't do in a little while now. Wouldn't be suprised if Gerbs get the start Saturday.

mat_sens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
But he got a win. Something Auld didn't do in a little while now. Wouldn't be suprised if Gerbs get the start Saturday.
That's why I'm hoping. Gerber is the front-runner for the Leafs start, but I didn't like his game, despite the win.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 10:06 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
That's why I'm hoping. Gerber is the front-runner for the Leafs start, but I didn't like his game, despite the win.
I thought he looked sharper than his 2 last start. I know its hard to believe but I think he's getting a bit more confident in goal.

mat_sens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 10:08 PM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkwild View Post

LOL, I've been defending Fisher as much as anyone on this board. It's patently obvious that if I have a long-held position, you haven't been paying attention.

Fisher can't buy a goal despite having them placed on a golden platter for him for weeks. The only time he looks good is when he's playing with fellow grinders like Neil because it's a natural fit for him. They basically keep the puck in the zone for an extended period of time, he hits a few guys and then there's a faceoff or a line change.

He's improving because our standard for assessing his performance has dropped.

As far as I'm concerned, he and Vermette are the biggest culprits when it comes to a dearth of offense on this team. They were asked to step up and they haven't.

As a team, this group misses the net more often than I can remember. Anecdotal? Maybe. But it's getting ridiculous IMHO.

Old
01-02-2009, 06:07 AM
billpo

Quote:
LOL, I've been defending Fisher as much as anyone on this board. It's patently obvious that if I have a long-held position, you haven't been paying attention.

Fisher can't buy a goal despite having them placed on a golden platter for him for weeks. The only time he looks good is when he's playing with fellow grinders like Neil because it's a natural fit for him. They basically keep the puck in the zone for an extended period of time, he hits a few guys and then there's a faceoff or a line change.

As far as I'm concerned, he and Vermette are the biggest culprits when it comes to a dearth of offense on this team. They were asked to step up and they haven't.

As a team, this group misses the net more often than I can remember. Anecdotal? Maybe. But it's getting ridiculous IMHO.
exactly. If these 2 were performing up to expectations, this team would not be where they are today.....

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Marble

Quote:

Definitely.

Marble is offline   Reply With Quote