HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

Medical Coverage in GTHL or Junior leagues?

Old
03-11-2009, 08:24 PM
lunaxod

vCash: 500
Medical Coverage in GTHL or Junior leagues?

Hi, can someone please describe to me the medical chain of events in GTHL. If for example youíre a full time coach in GTHL do you get medical benefits from your team, specifically orthopedic insoles? Would the teamís or GTHLís medical insurance company offer benefits and cover the cost of orthopedic insoles for your skates if you can prove that you spend more then 20 hours a week on the ice and your medical conditions forces you to have something made custom. Which medical company sponsors the GTHL? Do players also get any medical benefits and can they also get coverage on orthopedic insoles? How much do the coaches pay per month and do the players pay per month for benefits, and is it possible for example to increase your pay per month, but get better coverage?

Next issue is injuries, lets say you get injured and need an operation or a special knee brace, who covers the cost of the brace?

Also is it the same policy in Major Junior?

Cheers

lunaxod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 07:06 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaxod View Post
Hi, can someone please describe to me the medical chain of events in GTHL. If for example youíre a full time coach in GTHL do you get medical benefits from your team, specifically orthopedic insoles? Would the teamís or GTHLís medical insurance company offer benefits and cover the cost of orthopedic insoles for your skates if you can prove that you spend more then 20 hours a week on the ice and your medical conditions forces you to have something made custom. Which medical company sponsors the GTHL? Do players also get any medical benefits and can they also get coverage on orthopedic insoles? How much do the coaches pay per month and do the players pay per month for benefits, and is it possible for example to increase your pay per month, but get better coverage?

Next issue is injuries, lets say you get injured and need an operation or a special knee brace, who covers the cost of the brace?

Cheers

I can't speak about the gthl in terms of medical coverge.But in the cjhl for the most part there really is extra health benifits for items as you listed.However if you need insoles etc sometimes teams are willing to pay for all or half of the costs.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 12:18 PM
lunaxod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
I can't speak about the gthl in terms of medical coverge.But in the cjhl for the most part there really is extra health benifits for items as you listed.However if you need insoles etc sometimes teams are willing to pay for all or half of the costs.
When you say team pays for it, is that from a team's budget or the medical insurance company which sponsor's the team pays the team for your expense?

lunaxod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:27 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaxod View Post
Hi, can someone please describe to me the medical chain of events in GTHL. If for example you’re a full time coach in GTHL do you get medical benefits from your team, specifically orthopedic insoles? Would the team’s or GTHL’s medical insurance company offer benefits and cover the cost of orthopedic insoles for your skates if you can prove that you spend more then 20 hours a week on the ice and your medical conditions forces you to have something made custom. Which medical company sponsors the GTHL? Do players also get any medical benefits and can they also get coverage on orthopedic insoles? How much do the coaches pay per month and do the players pay per month for benefits, and is it possible for example to increase your pay per month, but get better coverage?

Cheers

I never had any medical benefits in Junior hockey. I had insurance incase i died or had to have my spine fused together. Mind you this was mid through late 90's, dont know about the last 10 or so years.

Will add "to my knowledge". My Parents might have had something worked out or knew the details, all i cared about was hockey, beer and skirts. You happen to get alot of each in Juniors.

Last edited by CanadaBacon: 03-20-2009 at 06:31 AM. Reason: extra info
CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote