HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Crosby Overrated?

View Poll Results: Do you think Sidney Crosby is overrated?
Yes 44 22.92%
No 97 50.52%
Sort of 51 26.56%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-30-2008, 02:22 PM
AK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
Exactly. That Ovechkin [negative] thread was closed after like 10 replies or so.......[Just an example]

Crosby negative threads last days or weeks. Maybe the mods hate him too....
That's true.

I'm a Pens fan, so maybe I'm not qualified to say this, but Crosby seems to be much more hated than OV.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 02:25 PM
czechmate25

I have yet to see Ovechkin cry, whine, dive or throw temper tantrums on the bench. I also don't know of any players who would rather play for another team than play with Ovechkin.

Also, for the attention both players get, Ovechkin can actually fill the net.

Maybe those are some of the reasons AO isn't as hated as much.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Wheatking

He's not overrated...he's just everywhere.

On ice he's very fun to watch but off ice he has next to no personality. It's not his fault. He's basically been prepped and packaged since he was 14 years old. Guys like Ovechkin are much more likable mainly because they don't always give your typical "hockey answer".

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Devil Dancer

I think Crosby is overrated outside of the HF universe. Here I think he's seen for what he is: An amazing 21 year old player, and at least one of the top 3 players in the league. Out there in the real world, Crosby is seen as being head and shoulders ahead of everyone else, mainly because that's how the NHL has presented him.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 02:59 PM
mytor4*

Overrated by the media yes. Now if your talking about being one of the best players to come along in quite awhile and being one if not the best player today than i say no he's not overrated. But if your mentioning his name along Gretz and Mario than i would say yes overrated.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Great Play Orpik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
I have yet to see Ovechkin cry

Quote:
whine,

Quote:
dive

Quote:
or throw temper tantrums
Quote:
Afterward the players met for about 15 minutes behind closed doors. Although no one would divulge exactly what was said, when the meeting ended, all-star left wing Alex Ovechkin emerged from the locker room and smashed his stick repeatedly against the wall and a trash can until it broke into four pieces, according to those who witnessed the episode. Ovechkin's iPod and headphones also were destroyed, crumpled in the hallway.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...033101420.html

Quote:
Or maybe, again, you're just making **** up to suit your own purposes.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 03:50 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post

Nice. Although all those things you just posted, with the excpetion of the news article, are new to me. I have yet to see those before, so my post is still accurate....b/c like I posted, I have yet to see AO cry, dive, whine or throw temper tantrums...I never said he never did it, but rather that I have never seen it. Thanks for posting all of that....now I know Crosby isn't the only one. I guess it just seems that way since crosby has been doing it on a consistant basis since he came to the league.

As for my own purpose......here is where you are wrong. Like you, I have my own opinions....although un-like you, they aren't influenced by the media. It seems like my opinions are the ones you have a problem with. You're almost getting as bad as Letang, who quotes practically every one of my post with the means of quickly defending the player Bob Errey is telling you all is the best player ever. This is where the difference resides.....in the fact that you get upset about someone else's opinions that differ from yours. I can assure you that your opinion doesn't mean as much to me as mine obviously does to you.

Old
12-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Sorry

Quote:
I can assure you that your opinion doesn't mean as much to me as mine obviously does to you.
I can assure you more people respect his opinion than yours.

Quality post there CW.

Sorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman15 View Post
Do you think Crosby is a overrated player?
By the NHL GMs who overwhelmingly voted him the best player in the league, the one they'd pick to start an NHL franchise?

Absolutely.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Novak Djokovic
HOSSA! HOSSA! HOSSA!

Quote:
I have yet to see Ovechkin cry, whine, dive or throw temper tantrums on the bench. I also don't know of any players who would rather play for another team than play with Ovechkin.

Also, for the attention both players get, Ovechkin can actually fill the net.

I have seen Ovechkin whine and dive. Perhaps you look at Crosby too closely and not pay attention at your lovely Ovechkin.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Novak Djokovic
HOSSA! HOSSA! HOSSA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gui View Post
He's really overrated...everyone is just talking about him and Ovechkin and Malkin when the NHL is loaded with talent....those 3 are overrated IMO...they are the 3 best players in the league, but that doesn't mean that they are not overrated (There are many other players that are pretty close to them and we don't even talk about them...) Anyway, that's just my opinion and don't even try to change my mind on that point...
You have not been on this board for very long........People hate him more than Bin Laden, Bush and the biggest criminals on this planet all created by the Flyers in 05-06.

Old
12-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Novak Djokovic
HOSSA! HOSSA! HOSSA!

When GM's say that they would have Crosby on their team [Luongo 2nd] than any other player in the NHL, who are we?

Old
12-30-2008, 04:02 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck Gar View Post
I can assure you more people respect his opinion than yours.

Quality post there CW.
Thanks! Does this mean that I'm not respected among the crosby loving fanbase?

Old
12-30-2008, 04:04 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
I have seen Ovechkin whine and dive. Perhaps you look at Crosby too closely and not pay attention at your lovely Ovechkin.

Where did you get this from? I don't even consider myself an Ovechkin fan. Do I think he is the most exciting player in the league today? Sure. But I'm not a 'fan' by any means.

Old
12-30-2008, 04:10 PM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

no.

/thread

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post

You are so wrong about all of this, CW.

When AO whines, questions calls, or dives, it is pure leadership and passion for the game.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:14 PM
puzzle

Quote:
You have not been on this board for very long........People hate him more than Bin Laden, Bush and the biggest criminals on this planet all created by the Flyers in 05-06.
I've been on this board for very long, and anyway, I wasn't just talking about this board....Everywhere, we see people wearing crosby's and ovechkins's jersey...and I've never seen a single Kane's jersey around me... Crosby is in commercials on TV and we can see him everywhere... Crosby is the favourite player of pretty much every young hockey players...That's what I call overrated.

puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Great Play Orpik!

Quote:
Nice. Although all those things you just posted, with the excpetion of the news article, are new to me. I have yet to see those before, so my post is still accurate....b/c like I posted, I have yet to see AO cry, dive, whine or throw temper tantrums...I never said he never did it, but rather that I have never seen it. Thanks for posting all of that....now I know Crosby isn't the only one. I guess it just seems that way since crosby has been doing it on a consistant basis since he came to the league.
Now you're informed, then. Couldn't leave it without one last potshot at your favorite target though. 'Atsa shame.

The bottom line is that every star yaps and every star embellishes. People rag on Crosby for it because he's in the spotlight 24/7 and every move he makes is scrutinized.

Quote:
As for my own purpose......here is where you are wrong. Like you, I have my own opinions....although un-like you, they aren't influenced by the media. It seems like my opinions are the ones you have a problem with. You're almost getting as bad as Letang, who quotes practically every one of my post with the means of quickly defending the player Bob Errey is telling you all is the best player ever. This is where the difference resides.....in the fact that you get upset about someone else's opinions that differ from yours. I can assure you that your opinion doesn't mean as much to me as mine obviously does to you.
So much for a gracious retraction.

I try to discuss my POV in earnest with every poster, regardless of what I personally think of their opinions.

Old
12-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Great Play Orpik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post

When AO whines, questions calls, or dives, it is pure leadership and passion for the game.
Just like Richards.

Old
12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
the_speedster

Quote:

you should work for the white house. CLEARLY the dude pwned you by bringing up MULTIPLE contradictions to your statement, only to have you pull out the "hey... I didnt SEE it with my own eyes... I was too busy staring at my AO card collection (he's dreaming in a herman monster kind of way huh?

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:28 PM
the_speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderlizer View Post
343 points in 249 games? Anyone can do that. Overrated for sure.
I agree.. he's destined for the minors

I think we should take the posts of all the haters on here, to the nhl. Surely once they see the thoughts of such accomplished, learned individuals, they'd have to kick him out

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post

I can agree with this, but sometimes it's all about the way it's done. It depends of his attitude while arguing...last year, I've seen crosby whine a lot...this year, I'm not that sure...Carbonneau is certainly whining more than Crosby this year.

puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 05:37 PM
kman15

I no crosby is only 21 but look at this 120 pts to 102pts to 72 pts to 49 pts

now i know he got injured but all this hype for a player turning out to be almost injury prone

I meen come on "Crosby doesn't stop" Yes he has skill, but seriously he will maybe get a couple more 102 point seasons then he will be a Daigle or maybe a Langkow, thats it. I dont care if any of you disagree thats your problem when you lose you hockey pools in the next couple years sweating over crosby treating him like god.

kman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Luongo2008*

Nope.

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
cynic*

Send a message via Yahoo to cynic*
that AO dive versus the Flyers is epic.
and obviously the sane answer is no,Crosby is not overrated.

cynic* is offline   Reply With Quote