HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/30/08 Montreal @ Tampa Bay 7:30PM EST RDS (HD), SUN

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

vCash: 500
I'm sure the ownership has a plan all drawn up - what a screwed up dressing room that is!

Old
12-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Here's the story of the 1st: Our PP sucks worse than theirs! We look snakebitten. If you think Kolzig was tough against us, how tough is it going to be to solve Mike Smith? Oh well, Florida scored first las night as well.

Old
12-30-2008, 08:17 PM
HabsPack

Hopefully the Habs will turn it up a notch or two for the second period. Good thing Mtl won't be meeting the Lightning in the PO's.

Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Thats the problem, this defensive system. We are an offensively skilled team, if Carbo had an aggressive system, we'd spend more time in the offensive zone where teams can't score on us, and where we will score more.
The Habs are much more skilled defensively than offensively actually. They have several good scorers, but no one who is really a game-breaker (Kovalev on a good night, sure); on the other hand they have one of the best blueline corps in the league.

Furthermore, they are a speed team that excel on the rush, not so much on the cycle.

There's nothing wrong with the system. It's been more successful than last year's.

Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I love how the linesmen do not know the rules for icing. The icing call where Smith fell down was bad enough to warrant disciplinary action.

Old
Schwang

power-less play

Pretty sad when I'd rather see Gorges on the point than Breezy!

Old
12-30-2008, 08:18 PM
The n00b King ©*

Wow, our PP is awful. We just refuse to create a buzz around their net and it's killing us.

Old
kernkraft

The Montreal Chameleons: we suck against bad teams and we're good against good teams. w t f

Tanguay gone, pfff, not a problem. We'll just have to find another weak talented and unproductive player.

Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Talk about a hideous period by Hamrlik...he looked like he couldn't give two ****s about keeping the puck in at the end there.

Unlike the Panthers game where we went down 1-0 after the first, this one feels like it's going to be an uphill climb. The only time we imposed our game was on the PP and even then we didn't really get any glorious chances. It'd be nice to have at least one guy crash the net...

Also I wonder how many times we're going to hear "if Laraque was in the lineup, Player X wouldn't be running around like that"...

Old
12-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Mustafa*

Seriously the Bolts are not a bottom dwelling team, they played like one since the begining of the season but they have the guns to beat any team in the league.

Old
12-30-2008, 08:19 PM
zx81

Awful period.
Guys were lazy, especially Kovalev.

The PP is laughable.

Old
12-30-2008, 08:20 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Tampa sure is the team in the East to beat in the play-offs.

Old
Westcoasthabsfan

This is getting to be like a broken record.... until this team can win against these bottom feeders (yes both Florida teams) they wont be serious contenders for the cup..... These games should be an easy two pointers but the Habs never seem to play well against these guys.... Other top teams have no problems with them.....Charbo kick some butt and get these guys moving

Old
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

There's nothing wrong with the system. It's been more successful than last year's.
Up until this point we may have more points this year, but we won't by the end of the year if they keep playing "not to lose". Second half of the season last year, they were playing to "win", and thats what they did! No way this years system comes anywhere close to the success of the second half last year.

Old
12-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Ross MacLochness

We couldn't get anything going in that period.

Holy ****, if I have to see that ******** Prospal with his oversized visor celebrate a simple goal like it was a game 7 winner one more time... He always seems to score against us and its always followed by an over-the-top celebration. What a ****ing loser.

Old
Hab-a-maniac

Tbay did this last time against us. They dressed a big, tough lineup and we were timid in the face of it. Last time Carbo had a healthy Laraque he neglected to play though. Tampa has been bad this year, though it's not like they've been blown out a lot. They've actually lost a ton of OT/SO games and other close ones, but that's no excuse for the Habs not to be beating them. The difference between us and Boston by year's end just may be that they took care of their inferior competition while we didn't.

Old
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
The Montreal Chameleons: we suck against bad teams and we're good against good teams. w t f

Tanguay gone, pfff, not a problem. We'll just have to find another weak talented and unproductive player.
I agree he is physically weak, but how is that his fault. That isn't his game and everyone knew that coming in, but I didn't realize that 26 points (2 points out of tops on the team with two less games played) in 33 games was unproductive.

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
**** Brisebois is horrible. How many bad pinches, block shots are you allowed before you are taken off the ice.
This is why I was hoping for a claim to be put in on Frantisek Kaberle. Anything to get Brisebois out.

Old
12-30-2008, 08:23 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
We couldn't get anything going in that period.

Holy ****, if I have to see that ******** Prospal with his oversized visor celebrate a simple goal like it was a game 7 winner one more time... He always seems to score against us and its always followed by an over-the-top celebration. What a ****ing loser.
I agree. That pissed me off so much. This Habs team though shows their lack of pride that was evident during our slump. If anyone EVER celebrated a terrible goal like that in front of me, I would take a number and immediately pay him back. I wouldn't have even waited, I would've went right after him. No need for it, you suck, Prospal.

Old
12-30-2008, 08:24 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I agree he is physically weak, but how is that his fault. That isn't his game and everyone knew that coming in, but I didn't realize that 26 points (2 points out of tops on the team with two less games played) in 33 games was unproductive.
Well, generally when you're a professional hockey player and you have your own private gym, nutrionist, trainers, and the sport is your job in which you are paid millions of dollars, it's your responsibility to get stronger. So, yes, with his money and his resources, being weak is his fault.

Old
12-30-2008, 08:25 PM
The n00b King ©*

Seriously though, wtf is wrong with Prospal? Does he celebrate every goal like that?

Old
la25ecoupe

Pacioretty in next game to replace Tanguay.

We have to thank Tanguay for D'Agos..

Old
OneSharpMarble

How many games does Brisebois have left? God every time he puts on that jersy I question Gainey's ability to run this team.

Is Laraque not playing? Why does this Tampa team get a free ride every time we play them? Does every just love to watch Lecavalier that much? I say put Laraque out there to crush a skull.

Old
12-30-2008, 08:26 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
Seriously though, wtf is wrong with Prospal? Does he celebrate every goal like that?
First point in nine games = Stanley Cup, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Is Laraque not playing? Why does this Tampa team get a free ride every time we play them? Does every just love to watch Lecavalier that much? I say put Laraque out there to crush a skull.
Surprise surprise, he's hurt.

Old
12-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Bialo Czerwoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
Actually yeah he does..

Closed Thread