HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Waive Kalinin for Kaberle?

Old
12-30-2008, 06:24 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I love what y'all are smoking!

Sather isn't going to admit his mistake this early in the season--Kalinin will stay on the roster unless he's traded for another veteran defenseman. Plus, as has already been pointed out (and ignored by some) on another thread--within the Ranger organization there is only one defenseman (Potter) remotely ready to play more than a game or two in the NHL (thanks Melrose--I did notice).

Bottom line, Kalinin will not be waived unless another veteran defenseman is acquired.
I'll add on to it that Renney won't bench Kalinin in fear that he'll make Slats look bad.

Furthermore IF, the Rangers were to waive Kalinin, I'd hope they'd do so after giving Core Potter a good long hard look in the NHL and not for Kaberle who's a spare part on a team with a questionable defense.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 09:22 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
I'm all for Potter, but you know Renny wont rush it. That being said is Frantastik a better D man than Kalinin? If so....

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:44 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Tomas is having a terrible season.In the Leafs-Caps game,Tomas made a brutal turnover which Marek Malik and Dimirti Kalinin laugh at.
No he's not he made a mistake. Those things happen. He got off to a bad start but has turned his game around.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote