HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video of a pretty sick Balej goal...

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2004, 12:25 AM
Leetchie

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Video of a pretty sick Balej goal...

If anyone can host it, let me know. It's an mpeg and 3,722,495 bytes (roughly 3.7 MB).

Description of the goal... well, Balej took the puck at center ice, skated one-on-one with a defenseman, held the puck wide to his right (he's a right handed shot), dragged the puck seemingly like he was going to let it slide between his legs but instead, he banked it off his right skate, causing the defenseman to go for the between-the-legs fake, only to lean back to his right away from the defenseman and ripping a wrister past the goalie.

Looks and sounds pretty simple, but it's a really nice little move. I doubt it works at the NHL level, but it shows the hands, speed, and shot Jozef Balej has.

PM me or respond with your email address and I shall send it promptly...

EDIT: Well, I found a link to it on the Kovalev trade thread! LOL...

http://slam.canoe.ca/BulldogsImages04/balej.mpg

Old
03-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Balej is very talented , he's working and defensive play improved greatly this year in the 'A' where he even played on the PK . He the kind of guy with many tricks in his bag , he should have fun with Jagr

Old
03-03-2004, 12:43 AM
HF-Addict

Even if this move doesn't seem that hard to do, considering the speed he had when he did it, it's impressing.

Old
03-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Terryble

bump
for those who havent seen it

Old
03-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I don't want this kid thrown to the Lions just yet.

Play him in Hartford, maybe he'll win a Calder Cup and down teh road he'll be better for it.

Old
03-05-2004, 10:39 AM
ddheyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatherExecutioner
He needs to play in NHL and get used to NHL for the next season, and he needs to start developing chemistry with Jagr.
Why does he NEED to play in the NHL at age 20 or 21 ... why can't we let him develop naturally, when he's ready for the NHL bring him up, until then let him play in the AHL.

This is what always bothers me about the Rangers and some ranger fans (and this isn't directed or specific to you) ... but when the team is stocked with old guys we say oh my don't we develop players and bring them up when when they are ready and we don't give the young guys a chance ... then when we dump everyone it is well, we have to bring up the young kids NOW ...

We should bring them up IF and ONLY IF they are ready ... otherwise you're going to put them in a position where they can only fail (i.e. too early) or they are going to languish too long in the minors (i.e the last ten years).

Old
03-05-2004, 10:42 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatherExecutioner
Why is he not in Ranger uniform yet?
i think he had visa issues...

Old
03-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Pearl Necklace

sweet

Old
03-05-2004, 02:28 PM
charliemurphy

This kid looks pretty good.
I think he should be on the second line with Lundmark.

Old
03-05-2004, 02:46 PM
sodalime

Remember when Kevin Miller pulled this move against the Rangers while playing for the Caps - it was sick then and is still sick now. This kid looks real promising. He pulled this move right after the trade for Bob Carpenter around 1988-89 for all of you trying to remember - dont remember who the defensemen was - but for some reason I think it was Larry Melnyk or Willie Huber - ahhhh - the good old days!

Old
03-05-2004, 02:47 PM
sodalime

actually it was Kelly Miller - sorry for the confusion!

Old
03-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Fletch

Not afraid to play anybody under 30...

just cautious as people just want to see young players play for the sake of young players playing, saying what's the end result, can't be any worse? But is that the best for some kids? Some aren't ready for the jump when they turn 20 or 21.

Old
03-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Edge

in this case i think he just needs some fine tuning. some work on defense and in traffic. at 22 i think he'll be ready for some chances next season.

Old
03-05-2004, 05:14 PM
Terryble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
in this case i think he just needs some fine tuning. some work on defense and in traffic. at 22 i think he'll be ready for some chances next season.
If soti's post rings true and he is pencilled in for the big club next season, it's prob a good idea to let him play in Hartford for the remainder and learn our system.

Old
03-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryble
If soti's post rings true and he is pencilled in for the big club next season, it's prob a good idea to let him play in Hartford for the remainder and learn our system.
We have a system?

Old
03-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
just cautious as people just want to see young players play for the sake of young players playing, saying what's the end result, can't be any worse? But is that the best for some kids? Some aren't ready for the jump when they turn 20 or 21.
There are always going to be people begging to bring up a 20-21 year old to see youth and then bash the Rangers if he doesnt play well or turns into a bust. Those same people who wanted him up will say the Rangers ruined him because he didnt have time to develop in the minors.... your always gonna have those people.

Closed Thread