HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Workout with Sidney Crosby

Old
12-31-2008, 12:22 AM
NewFang

vCash: 500
Workout with Sidney Crosby

Weekly series with some good training routines designed specifically for hockey players.

http://sidneycrosby.sympatico.msn.ca/en/

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 08:44 PM
xstartxtodayx

I wonder if he's done any instructional videos for how to take a dive or how to punch guys in the groin?

Sorry, I couldn't resist... but on a serious note, the video's are cool. I remember when I was a kid I used to rent this Wayne Gretzky instructional video all the time, I couldn't get enough of it. This is a lot more useful and specific which is neat.

xstartxtodayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 10:47 PM
NewFang

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstartxtodayx View Post
I wonder if he's done any instructional videos for how to take a dive or how to punch guys in the groin?
Ha!

He's a fitness freak and does some very interesting off balance work, etc. I'm hoping they get into that in coming weeks.

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Use the Schwartz*

I like how on the Sympatico homepage it says " Workout with Sydney Crosby", kind of ironic..

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 06:38 AM
the_speedster

I've read about O'briens work with crosby a few years back. Basically the kid (and parents of course) was mature enough and humble enough to see that the he had weaknesses (strength, quickness) and rather than pull an "esposito" and waste time watching people blow smoke up your ass, he worked from the age of 13 to change that weakness..

13? There's no way in hell I at that age, or any other 13yr old I've known could've had that kind of commitent. "Little" Sam Gagner has a similar story too (commiting to a workout routine ealier than his peers)

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 12:46 PM
BogsDiamond
Anybody get 2 U yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster View Post
I've read about O'briens work with crosby a few years back. Basically the kid (and parents of course) was mature enough and humble enough to see that the he had weaknesses (strength, quickness) and rather than pull an "esposito" and waste time watching people blow smoke up your ass, he worked from the age of 13 to change that weakness..

13? There's no way in hell I at that age, or any other 13yr old I've known could've had that kind of commitent. "Little" Sam Gagner has a similar story too (commiting to a workout routine ealier than his peers)
I read that Stamkos has had a trainer since he was 15. That's nuts. I was stuffing my face full of pop, chips and hotwings.

It just goes to show that some kids are hardwired to play this game and sacrifice for it.

P.S. I predict it won't take long for Crosby haters to edit these videos to show him practicing whining or diving.
I just don't understand the hate-on for this kid.

BogsDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote