HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pit & Nj

Old
12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
AK

vCash: 500
I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I don't know if we could get Parise for anything less than Malkin (NJ would obviously add more).

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 10:50 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

parise is going no where

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

I'd kill to have Parise on the Pens. Ain't gonna happen though.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:05 PM
Joey Moss
5 14 6 1

vCash: 815
dont think it would work but Staal would be a nice fit in NJ, Zajac for Staal?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Harrison Ford
HFBoards Sponsor

no way parise is getting traded.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Harrison Ford
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I don't know if we could get Parise for anything less than Malkin (NJ would obviously add more).
parise and a first?

eh maybe thats not enough

Old
12-31-2008, 01:31 PM
jb**

maybe there is a reaosn staal hasnt been moved yet. could it be other gm's dotn see him as this franchise center people are making him out to be. this guy is so overrated. why do people just assuem that he will "get" better as he is only 20. as far as his defensive play, sorry he is not an elite shut down type yet he his mad eout to be. dime a dozen play right now. he may get better or he may get worse and people think nj will trade their best player for him, how comical.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:44 PM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
dont think it would work but Staal would be a nice fit in NJ, Zajac for Staal?
Why do so many people keep reiterating that Staal would be such a great fit for NJ...is it just because he plays defense (something that Zajac also does quite well) or is there some other reason I'm missing?

Looking strictly at their stats this season (which I know doesn't tell the whole story), Zajac is scoring .74 points per game versus .57 for Staal, despite getting roughly a minute less ice time per game & playing on a more defensive minded team. Zajac also is a +12 vs. -2 for Staal, and is much better on faceoffs (53.8% vs. 46.4%). He's also good enough defensively to play the PK (not an easy spot to crack on the Devils with players like Madden, Pandolfo, Elias, & Rolston) and he plays against other team's top lines, as Sutter no longer really matches Madden's line against the other team's top players. I don't think the Devils would make that trade.

Last edited by HBK27: 12-31-2008 at 01:58 PM.
HBK27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:55 PM
WickedWrister

Pens give up WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. Staal Whitney and a 1st and a 2nd could get you much more than Parise and Madden

WickedWrister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:57 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWrister View Post
Pens give up WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. Staal Whitney and a 1st and a 2nd could get you much more than Parise and Madden
In your opinion...

britdevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:59 PM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
In your opinion...
Which happens to be wrong...

HBK27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWrister View Post
Staal, Whitney, a first and a second would be lucky to land Parise.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 03:06 PM
ObnoxiousPensFan*

Send a message via AIM to ObnoxiousPensFan*
Parise is as untouchable as untouchable gets from NJ, Curry is the front runner to replace Sabu next year.

ObnoxiousPensFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 03:20 PM
PlantersOye

Sounds like the real deal. But on the other hand, what if J. Staal doesn't produce much for NJD? Would Parise even fit with the Penguins?

PlantersOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Harrison Ford
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast View Post
Sounds like the real deal. But on the other hand, what if J. Staal doesn't produce much for NJD? Would Parise even fit with the Penguins?
Parise and Crosby were made for each other.

Old
12-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
maybe there is a reaosn staal hasnt been moved yet. could it be other gm's dotn see him as this franchise center people are making him out to be. this guy is so overrated. why do people just assuem that he will "get" better as he is only 20. as far as his defensive play, sorry he is not an elite shut down type yet he his mad eout to be. dime a dozen play right now. he may get better or he may get worse and people think nj will trade their best player for him, how comical.
Say what you will about this deal (I certainly wouldn't do it if I were Jersey), but Staal is not, in any sense, a dime-a-dozen player.

Please, if he is, list all the other 3rd line centers in the league that have 21 points so far. Now, how are they defensively? Would they be available at all?

Old
12-31-2008, 04:12 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Say what you will about this deal (I certainly wouldn't do it if I were Jersey), but Staal is not, in any sense, a dime-a-dozen player.

Please, if he is, list all the other 3rd line centers in the league that have 21 points so far. Now, how are they defensively? Would they be available at all?
yes he is a dime a dozen player right now. to say othwerwise is well your opinion i suppose. so he has 21 points, stop the presses. of those 21 points how many of them came when the game was well decided? but i guess 21 poitns is 21 points.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 04:19 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Parise is untouchable. Get out.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:
yes he is a dime a dozen player right now. to say othwerwise is well your opinion i suppose. so he has 21 points, stop the presses. of those 21 points how many of them came when the game was well decided? but i guess 21 poitns is 21 points.
Yeah, believe it or not, those are great stats for a 3rd line center, and if they weren't, you'd be able to find several comparables. But you obviously can't.

How many points were scored when the game was decided? I don't know. But I'm sure that every other point that every other 3rd line center has was earned on a game-winner.

He's 20 years old, he's already among the very best in his role all-around, and producing at the rate of a 2nd line center (46th overall among centers before last night). That would be stupid to trade away without an extremely tempting package coming back.

Old
12-31-2008, 08:12 PM
JWINK19
southern Devils fan

Quote:
Guess you missed his third period hat trick to beat Detroit. I certainly don't want to trade Parise, but Staal and Whitney are nowhere near the turds everybody is making them out to be. We've been saying all year that we need another offensive d-man, and that is exactly what Whitney is. He would be no worse than our #2 d-man, and he and Rolston can share duties on the PP. As for Staal, two years ago, as an 18 YEAR OLD, He scored 29 goals and led the league in shorties. Last year he fell off, but this year's numbers are pretty good for a guy playing 3rd line, a role that is less a reflection of his skill than a reflection of the fact he plays behind 2 of the league's top 3 players. I say no to the deal, but it is certainly not the terrible offer that people are saying it is.

JWINK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

hate to sound like a broken record but parise will not be traded, he is the corner piece of our team

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 11:45 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

You are as likely to land Parise as we are to land Sid or Geno.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
Could it be that our GM values him a bit more than some of the short-sighted idiots who want to ship him out?

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

If people are debating Nash for Staal+ Whitney, Parise is absolutely worth more than Staal+Whits. NJ says hell no.

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 03:21 AM
Lario Melieux*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
Parise and Crosby were made for each other.
I know. I'm getting all hot and bothered thinking about those two... In a manly hetero type of way of course...

Lario Melieux* is offline   Reply With Quote