HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tanguay is out for a month

Old
12-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

vCash: 500
Chipchura should get the call, is what I expect.

Max Pac should do his apprenticeship, pretty much every prospect we have has really benefitted from their time in Hamilton.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Turkey View Post
I'm not sure what to make of this. It will be interesting to watch the team in Tanguay's absence. It should give Gainey some insight into what he should do with Tanguay. If the team doesn't skip a beat than that's good info to consider in decision making. This and playoff performance should allow Bob a pretty informed position.

We have nice depth and great youth. Either Chipchura or Pacioretty should bring energy and youthful enthusiasm.

But not finesse, experience, and playmaking ability.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:16 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteTiger View Post
Do you recall Chip or Pac to replace Tanguay? I'd say Pac since he's a winger but i heard Chip can play the wing too so maybe he's going to be recalled.
probably both, maxwell was sent down and there is still no news on koivu

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:19 PM
TheWhiteTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
probably both, maxwell was sent down and there is still no news on koivu
Yeah, just saw that. Chip replaces Maxwell, Pac replaces Tanguay and maybe Weber to rest Brisebois for a couple of games and see what he can do on the PP. Sounds good.

TheWhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:23 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

even Tanguay was not so good lately, I still think is a loss.
speed recovery Tangs!

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
even Tanguay was not so good lately, I still think is a loss.
speed recovery Tangs!
But it's not like losing Koivu or Komisarek.

Everyone says it's Pacioretty chance to shine but i think Sergei Kostitsyn is the one that need to fill in and produce. He's most likely going to get that extra ice time.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 01:57 PM
LyricalLyricist

Apparently even o'byrne is down as pre RDS.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 02:06 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
But it's not like losing Koivu or Komisarek.

Everyone says it's Pacioretty chance to shine but i think Sergei Kostitsyn is the one that need to fill in and produce. He's most likely going to get that extra ice time.
I agree completely.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

This injury has a lot of pros and cons, but to me, mroe pros than not.

First off, our D isn't in bad shape, we have Markov, Komi, Hammer, Gorges and Bouillon who are healthy.

Secondly, with Tanguay gone, guess who is gonna be the sole star to have the weight on his shoulders? You,ve guessed it, and he performs whem its like that, so expect the KPK line to be as good as last year.

We will still have Lang, Daggs, and SKost. And we have the MadMax and Tender duo who are playing very well.

I think this will be perfect for Chips and MaxPac to show what they've got and lets not forget the Chips played very well last year for a rookie and with the experience he's gain, he'll probably have an impact similar to Daggs but in a different way. As for MaxPac, let's not forget that SKost had spent even less time in the AHL when he got called back. Pac will probably be hungry to prove himself after being cut at the end of training camp.

This will be perfect for Gainey to analyse more closely some player's contriutions.

The last pro in the list, if Tanguay is gone for 15 games or more, the Habs will get an exemption of salary on the cap for all those games Tanguay missed. Couple this to Dandy who will be missing more than 15 games, Komi who I think did miss more than 15 games (am not sure), and Higgins who will have missed 15 games, this will add between 2-3 mil to the cap space, pls the 1 mil already available. This will give us quite enough space to take a rental at the deadline, without having to drop some salaries.

All in all, I ain't the least worried about the situation, but you know me, an eternal optimist.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 02:45 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteTiger View Post
Do you recall Chip or Pac to replace Tanguay? I'd say Pac since he's a winger but i heard Chip can play the wing too so maybe he's going to be recalled.
Chipchura is more than ready to play on the fourth line. And Koivu will be back soon, maybe Friday.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Thinkbig

Good, maybe he will come back and play like a beast for his new contract.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Laraque wouldn't have prevented this injury...

Tanguay didn't protect himself.. the second I saw Artyukhin going toward Tanguay I knew he was in trouble.

Just stupid play by Tanguay, he should have been more carefull, it's the ****ing NHL and he's a veteran.

...and forget about Laraque beating up Artyukhin, first off all, it was a very very very clean hit (I don't why you're calling for a man hunt for this ) and second the guy wears a visor, I'd like to see the last time Laraque fought a guy with a visor... if Laraque didn't fought Lucic, forget about that guy...

Basically, Laraque would have been useless last night and probably would have take the place of one of our best players last night ('cause the best ones were the 3rd and 4th liners).
You kidding, right? I hope...

You said it yourself, look at the last Bruins game with Lucic, he wasn't able to hit recklessly like usual because he didn't wanted to fight Laraque. It would have been that times 10 against Artyukin who clearly is not a goon.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
A seperated shoulder to a normal person might take about 2 weeks to heal but since this is a physical sport like hockey, i wouldnt be surprised seeing him out for a month.
Some shoulder separations require surgery... it all depends on the level of separations. Speaking from experience...

As for the non-sense talks about Laraque, let's just say that I feel a hell of a lot better with him in the line-up when stuff like this happens than when he's nursing injuries at home while having Begin and Kostopoulos having to face guys 60 lbs heavier than them!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
You kidding, right? I hope...

You said it yourself, look at the last Bruins game with Lucic, he wasn't able to hit recklessly like usual because he didn't wanted to fight Laraque. It would have been that times 10 against Artyukin who clearly is not a goon.
Laraque was in the lineup when Sauer ran Andrei Kostitsyn. He was also in the lineup when Ruutu elbowed Lapierre in the head. And, he was in the lineup when Lucic got in Price's space, then fought and injured Komisarek.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Laraque was in the lineup when Sauer ran Andrei Kostitsyn. He was also in the lineup when Ruutu elbowed Lapierre in the head. And, he was in the lineup when Lucic got in Price's space, then fought and injured Komisarek.
Which raises the question, why is it OK for Kosto to fight Artichoke'n and Begin to fight Stewart when both are outweighed by 30ish lbs but it's OK for Sauer to invoke some unspoken code that he doesn't have to tango with Laraque because BGL is bigger?

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Erika

This is the turning point of the Season for Sergei Kostitsyn !!

Too bad for Tanguay though...

I'm predicting 15 points in his next 15 games !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Mustafa*

Like i said earlyer at the begining of the season Chipchura was prefred over Maxpac even for a winger spot. Chip will get the call up.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

We've suffered more than our fair share of injuries, from Laraque, Koivu, Higgins, Price, Komisarek, Andrei Kostitsyn, Dandenault, and now Tanguay, all important pieces on our team and yet, the clock keeps on ticking.

The quality depth on this team is incredible and is being tested once again. Two years ago, when the flu and injury bugs hit, we sank like the Titanic. There's the difference for you right there.

It's Max Pac time!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
We've suffered more than our fair share of injuries, from Laraque, Koivu, Higgins, Price, Komisarek, Andrei Kostitsyn, Dandenault, and now Tanguay, all important pieces on our team and yet, the clock keeps on ticking.

The quality depth on this team is incredible and is being tested once again. Two years ago, when the flu and injury bugs hit, we sank like the Titanic. There's the difference for you right there.

It's Max Pac time!
I was going to post something similar. The depth here is amazing. If any of the other contenders in the east had to deal with this they would have sank. Really happy to see how we seem to just keep getting better as players drop.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

If you had to choose ;

Max Pac or Tanguay for January 13

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 05:58 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
Which raises the question, why is it OK for Kosto to fight Artichoke'n and Begin to fight Stewart when both are outweighed by 30ish lbs but it's OK for Sauer to invoke some unspoken code that he doesn't have to tango with Laraque because BGL is bigger?
Interesting point. It's a funny business, hockey fighting...

IMO, the Kosto fight last night was kind of silly on Tom's part. The hit on Tanguay was a clean hockey play, to pressure him to get rid of the puck. Tom does it all the time, it just happens that Artyukhin is enormous, and Tanguay went into the boards awkwardly. The fight certainly didn't dissuade Artyukhin from playing physically later in the game. If the same play happened again, I'm sure he'd hit Tanguay again, and if Tanguay didn't get hurt, the play would go on as if nothing happened.

I really don't know what the Begin/Stewart fight was about. I don't think anything was accomplished there either, both guys played hard when they got back on the ice.

It makes sense that no one wants to fight Laraque - they are just going to get clobbered. BGL is too nice to just grab someone and beat the crap out of them. The Habs knew this when they picked him up, and yet, decided to invest in him for three years. At this point, I don't see the upside to having him on the team. At first I thought, well, at least Komisarek won't be fighting anymore. Obviously I was wrong.

Sorry for the rambling.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 06:27 PM
Pr3Va1L

Seriously, I hope they call up Lehoux and Chips...

Max Pac is clearly not ready yet!!

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 06:48 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
This injury has a lot of pros and cons, but to me, mroe pros than not.

First off, our D isn't in bad shape, we have Markov, Komi, Hammer, Gorges and Bouillon who are healthy.

Secondly, with Tanguay gone, guess who is gonna be the sole star to have the weight on his shoulders? You,ve guessed it, and he performs whem its like that, so expect the KPK line to be as good as last year.

We will still have Lang, Daggs, and SKost. And we have the MadMax and Tender duo who are playing very well.

I think this will be perfect for Chips and MaxPac to show what they've got and lets not forget the Chips played very well last year for a rookie and with the experience he's gain, he'll probably have an impact similar to Daggs but in a different way. As for MaxPac, let's not forget that SKost had spent even less time in the AHL when he got called back. Pac will probably be hungry to prove himself after being cut at the end of training camp.

This will be perfect for Gainey to analyse more closely some player's contriutions.

The last pro in the list, if Tanguay is gone for 15 games or more, the Habs will get an exemption of salary on the cap for all those games Tanguay missed. Couple this to Dandy who will be missing more than 15 games, Komi who I think did miss more than 15 games (am not sure), and Higgins who will have missed 15 games, this will add between 2-3 mil to the cap space, pls the 1 mil already available. This will give us quite enough space to take a rental at the deadline, without having to drop some salaries.

All in all, I ain't the least worried about the situation, but you know me, an eternal optimist.
he sure wasnt performing "like that" against TB after Tanguay went down...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 02:38 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Max pac is not ready but I want to see him!

Seriously when all the injured are going to be back, we're going to have like 5 lines:

Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
A. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
D'Agostini-Lang-S.Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Laraque-Begin-Dandenault

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I was going to post something similar. The depth here is amazing. If any of the other contenders in the east had to deal with this they would have sank. Really happy to see how we seem to just keep getting better as players drop.
Pittsburgh blossomed last year with Crosby and Fleury out.
They actually played better than when both were on the team.

But I do agree. Our depth is amazing.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote