HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Sergei Fedorov or Mats Sundin

View Poll Results: Who's had a better career?
Sundin 16 15.38%
Fedorov 88 84.62%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Canucks5551

vCash: 500
Fedorov career, Sundin now

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 06:12 PM
HFboarder*

Swedish players are so overrated.

HFboarder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 02:45 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD View Post
blah blah blah

If Fedorov was on the Leafs he gets more playing time and doesnt have to play defensively and Puts up even bigger numbers.

Fedorov was the best player in the league during his Prime. Sundin was never top 5 in ANY of his years.

Fedorov hands down, twice on sundays, and even 4 times on a mysterious 8th day you reach when you're on a drunken stooper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire
I love these guys saying Feds won b/c of Yzerman and Lidstrom, while totally ignoring the fact that he's one of the very very very few players to post 4 straight 20+ point playoff seasons. Yeah, he wasn't one of the main reasons they won those Cups at all. In his 3 Cups with Detroit he was 2nd/1st/5th in goals, 1st/5th/2nd in assists, and 1st/2nd/2nd in points on the team. He was the runaway Conn Smythe choice going into the 1995 Finals had the Wings won and his 24 points was 6 ahead of anyone else on the team. When the Devils shut him down in the Finals, nobody else on the team could pick up the slack - quite simply Fedorov was carrying the Wings there (Yzerman only had 12 points, most for any forward not on Fedorov's line). He has 168 points in 169 career playoff games (Sundin has an underwhelming 74 points in 83 games).

Fedorov was never along for the ride or carried by his teammates to a Cup. He was one the guys doing the heavy lifting.
This is what I hate about HFboards sometimes. It's like no actually reads anything that anybody writes and instead just fires off like a bunch of 13 year old fanboys.

Let's try this again, shall we?

Did either of you actually read my post?

Tell me, who did I pick? That's right, I picked Sergei Fedorov. And yet you are slamming me for ?

My entire point wasn't that Fedorov was made great by other players, rather that Sundin was distinctly hurt by a lack of other great players on those Leafs teams throughout his entire career. The best forward he got to play with in his prime was a past his prime Mogilny. I was pretty clear about this, and wrote nothing that could even remotely be twisted into an insult, and yet the both of you went and found one anyway.

Also, let's not kid ourselves here. There are legitimate questions about Fedorov's consistency and it detracts from what is certainly a Hall of Fame career. The dude went from a PPG+ player and settled into a 30-30 guy for the most part, understandable given that he split time with Yzerman on ridiculously deep Detroit teams in the dead-puck era. However, since the lockout, he's struggled to put together a 20 goal season even though he was given the keys to the first line, with rules enforcement that only should have helped his production. Meanwhile, Sundin is Mr. Consistency, putting up 30 goal 70 point seasons with mind-numbing regularity.

Peak? Fedorov, no question.

Consistency? Sundin.

Career? Fedorov's peak outweighs Sundin's consistency. However, since the lockout the choice is SUNDIN and it isn't even close.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Stephen

If I had to choose between a player who would give me one or two dominant seasons, and many so so seasons and seasons of subpar production, versus a guy who never seemed to reach his top gear but remained consistently very good whenever he was in the league, I think I'm going with the latter. For me, it makes more sense to go with the reliable guy you can sink your money into long term like Sundin as opposed to a guy like Fedorov, whom you weren't sure what you'd get. If Fedorov had been scoring between 60-70 points for the better part of a decade in Toronto, I'm not sure the Leafs would have been that well off.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 410
Is the OP asking whom I would rather have on my team, or who's had the better career?

Team: Sundin
Career: Feds

Ah, just saw the poll question. My bad.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
The only advantage that Sundin's resume has is the '06 Olympic gold.

Three Stanley Cups, a Hart/Pearson, 2 Selkes go a long way in making up for it.
There really wasnt any need of more posting after this.

Feddy easily.

Capa* is offline   Reply With Quote