HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT BOA Edition - Oilers @ Flames, Game 37

View Poll Results: Who's your final First star this year?
Jarome Iginla 24 80.00%
Micheal Cammalleri 6 20.00%
Craig Conroy 0 0%
Miikka Kiprusoff 0 0%
Other explain 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
PGT BOA Edition - Oilers @ Flames, Game 37

Fire Away as the good people like to say

Will add my impressions ect in a bit

Edit and here they are. Time for me to go get drunk now

Third Period
Finally!! The period from the Flames that was actually Flames hockey. There were solid hits, great passing, and fantastic shots. Right at the start of the period the Flames dodged a huge bullet as an Oil goal was denied due to a hand pass. The Flames really stepped it up from then on. It was great to see them show some of that killer instinct we’ve moaned about for so many years. Once they had the Oilers on the ropes they never let them back up. We’ll maybe that goal, but that was the team celebrating New Years a few second early.
The power play was again absolutely stunning. They passed, they shot, they won the battles, and most importantly they scored!! Such amazing work by Iggy mostly but the whole PP unit was great! The Penalty kill was also great that period. Miikka was exceptional and the hugest reason the Flames won the game in the third period.

Overall Impressions
Well not the best game the Flames have played, but certainly the best way to go into the New Year! I love this team. They are pulling out wins when they should win and winning when they *might* win. I am not overly enamoured with the lazy play exhibited at times (most of the first two periods) but when they needed to The Flames managed to get that extra spark and take it.

Three Stars By Me
1. Jarome Iginla
2. Micheal Cammalleri
3. Todd Bertuzzi
Happy New Year Everyone!! Talk to you in 2009!

Last edited by Lanny'sDaMan: 12-31-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 11:38 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

vCash: 500
Happy New Year!!

What a nice game from Iggy and Cammy.

Always love beating those Oilers

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 11:42 PM
Grannys

10 points between Iggy and Cammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! Thats freaking amazing (and they are both on my fantasy team)

Seriously though... I didnt get to see this game but those numbers alone speak of greatness.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL MY FELLOW HFBOARDS CALGARY FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Hyde

I'm giving my MVP vote to Iginla as much as I was giving Kipper my love in the GDT, I could not vote against him.

HAPPY NEW YEAR's Guys see you all in 2009!

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2008, 11:52 PM
GoFlames

Voted for Iggy but Cammy also had 5 points, Fantastic!!

Great to be 5 points over the Canuckleheads with a game on hand!

Great New Years present.

Happy 2009 to you all and hope to see the cup finally have Iginla's name on it.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Pomeranian

voted for Iggy but really thought quite a few of them had me a happy fan tonight! Those pesky oilers really get motivated when they play BOA, but, in the end the best team won! (had to mute the t.v alot tho....it was all about the "oil" and what they could do or should do or just do!)

Pomeranian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 12:17 AM
kruezer

Certainly not the best game the Flames have played, but its nice to get the win, great to see Boyd score too, he has been great lately IMO.

Not to be a downer after a win, but is it possible Bertuzzi is actually not worth his contract? I didn't think it would be possible when they got him for so cheap, but damn, he gets worse defensively every game it seems. I honestly think Calgary becomes a better team next year simply by re-upping everyone and letting Bertuzzi walk.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Noori

vCash: 50
DAMN IT. NO TELLING SCORE IN PGT THREAD TITLE!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!! Some of us record and watch later.

Since there's no use in watching now, I'll just go ahead and give my vote to Iginla. 5 points between him and Cammy... Wow...

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Hyde

CH, I changed the PGT title sorry that the game was ruined for you.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 12:48 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Nah, it's okay. Just knowing we beat the Coilers is a great start to 2009 .

Old
01-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Noori

I was reading the GDT and it said Regehr was injured. Did he return?

Old
01-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik
nothing like asking for bad karma before a game... you guys are just as pathetic as the Oiler/Canuck fans that call us Flamers
Really, it's all just part of a fun rivalry and as long as the names aren't directed towards any one individual, it doesn't really matter.

Old
01-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Oblivion

Iginla was a machine today. I was really pleased w/ the performance of GlenX, he was really physical and he was hitting everything in sight and got some solid chances.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
DAMN IT. NO TELLING SCORE IN PGT THREAD TITLE!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!! Some of us record and watch later.

Since there's no use in watching now, I'll just go ahead and give my vote to Iginla. 5 points between him and Cammy... Wow...
stop complaining, you were dumb enough to go on a flames message board before watching the game you recorded... you deserved to have it ruined for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
why cater to stupidity? if he doesnt want to know the score he shouldnt come on a flames message board

Quote:
Really, it's all just part of a fun rivalry and as long as the names aren't directed towards any one individual, it doesn't really matter.
its a steaming pile of ****... its offensive to their fans, the players and the city... and quite frankly its disgusting

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 11:21 AM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
stop complaining, you were dumb enough to go on a flames message board before watching the game you recorded... you deserved to have it ruined for you

why cater to stupidity? if he doesnt want to know the score he shouldnt come on a flames message board

its a steaming pile of ****... its offensive to their fans, the players and the city... and quite frankly its disgusting

Obviously you were home alone lastnight with no friends, and a little grumpy.
Are you going to try and say you have never made an offensive post? He didn't do anything wrong, in fact I found the Loser logo quite funny.......to call it disgusting, is well, disgusting

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Noori

Quote:
I actually only came to my laptop to check my mail but I ended up refreshing the Flames page that was left open. Usually it wouldn't make a difference since scores aren't posted but they were this time. Oh well, it happens...

Quote:
why cater to stupidity?
If saying makes you feel big and mighty...

Quote:
Most don't seem to mind and nobody gets worked up about it except neurotic guys in Lethbridge . In fact, if it's done right, even fans of the other team will have a laugh.

For example:

Igoonla. I chuckle every time a 'Nucks fan says that.

Or when the Dallas Stars took the 'C' off from the visiting locker room and it spelled "Lames"

EDIT: Anyone notice the irony in "it's offensive"

Last edited by Noori: 01-01-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old
01-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
Obviously you were home alone lastnight with no friends, and a little grumpy.
Are you going to try and say you have never made an offensive post? He didn't do anything wrong, in fact I found the Loser logo quite funny.......to call it disgusting, is well, disgusting
Actually, the one I posted was a "Coilers" logo .

Gee, karma sure got us... got us bad too...

Old
01-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Most don't seem to mind and nobody gets worked up about it except neurotic guys in Lethbridge . In fact, if it's done right, even fans of the other team will have a laugh.

For example:

Igoonla. I chuckle every time a 'Nucks fan says that.

Or when the Dallas Stars took the 'C' off from the visiting locker room and it spelled "Lames"

EDIT: Anyone notice the irony in "it's offensive"
I guess you are the type who still giggles when he farts too, some of us don't find humor in changing a couple letters to say something different; probably because its neither clever nor original. Some of us are here to talk about hockey, not make lame jokes at another teams expense.

Old
01-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiHasWheels View Post
Honestly, no one but you even seems to care. It's all in good fun and no one's trying to be hurtful. If you're so touchy and sensitive then why even bother posting on message boards? There's no reason why you can't talk hockey and have a little fun at the same time.
a GDT should represent the fans on the board... i do not want to be represented by such juvenile ********... is that so hard to grasp? they are trying to draw fans to this board and this is not the way to do it... because its busch league... if they are serious about getting good posters busch league tactics shouldn't be acceptable

Old
01-01-2009, 08:18 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Nice to end the year with a win over the hated Oilers. What a night for Iginla and Cammalleri. Here's to a great 2009!

MVP vote to Iginla.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 08:25 PM
The Gaud Father

Some people here are just way too sensitive and "mature"...

MVP goes to Iginla for having a monster night. Cammy too for delivering most of Iginla's passes.

The Gaud Father is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 08:46 PM
TheGuardian

I have no idea why fellow flames fans are arguing instead of enjoying this team's amazing play but what do i know? MVP goes to Iginla, great game from him. He just proved that he is no where near losing his touch.

Happy New years flames fans!!!

TheGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2009, 09:13 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
What a great way to end 2008. Always love beating the Oilers and it is nice to get some seperation from the teams in the Northwest.

Iggy and Cammalleri were simply awesome. PP looked a lot better as well. Nice to see Glencross back in the lineup. Was physical and had a good game. What a stupid and careless play by Gagner. Good to see Regehr return and hopefully he is alright.

Here's hoping the flames can continue there good play into the new year.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 12:05 AM
sonetlumiere

lol woooow.. i guess we're just horrible fans for poking fun at our rivals expense, hey? give your head a shake and sit the **** down.. this is hockey, if you dont like it then i suggest you try another sport.. like knitting! (lol sorry had too)

ANYWAYS, a consistent sixty is the story yet again as we grinded out a much needed divisional win last night to close out '08 (and it couldnt be sweeter coming from deadmonton). iggy with a dominating performance alongside cammy last night gets the mvp, and deservedly so. honorable mention goes out to the great defensive play of glenx who obviously hasnt missed a beat while on ir. and lastly, the pp was great last night and im definitely in favor of the bert/langks/iggy/cammy/dion combo for the first unit.

merry christmas and a happy new year hockey fans!

sonetlumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonetlumiere View Post
lol woooow.. i guess we're just horrible fans for poking fun at our rivals expense, hey? give your head a shake and sit the **** down.. this is hockey, if you dont like it then i suggest you try another sport.. like knitting! (lol sorry had too)
I never said anyone was a horrible fan... don't put words in my mouth... I'm saying its uncalled for... beating them should be enough